• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Japan Tour 2023 ~THUNDERBOLT~

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That was really cool!

As is usual for online concerts, I had the chance to chat a bit with fans from multiple countries/regions--the UK, the Philippines, France, Asia, the US--before the show. Everyone was really nice and looking forward to the concert, which I really appreciated after seeing so many people at idiotic loggerheads in the political/etc. IRL landscape. I saw some discussion about different online Miku events people had attended--Miku x Kodo, ChoKabuki, Expo--and at the end, people said they'd look forward to seeing each other in the next stream. That was kind of amazing, since streaming options weren't available a few years ago; in that short time, those of Miku and friends' fan base who couldn't attend stuff otherwise have started growing into that space and making it a part of how they experience/express their fandom.

As I watched the live audience singing/chanting along with the music while they waited, I thought, "Yeah, this sort of feeling is what a concert should be."

The setlist was really good. I think Rin/Len might've had 2 songs apiece that I hadn't heard before, and even Miku had 3 or 4. That's not an easy feat--with Mirai and recent online Expos pretty well covered, my breadth of concert setlist experience would be difficult to compete with. I love being surprised!

The other songs, aside from a few older favorites, were newer as well, and they were all bangers.

On a few miscellaneous notes, Miku's cherry blossom-themed song was really pretty and had gorgeous stage effects. And the finale really closed things with a bang! I was pleasantly surprised to hear Gimme Gimme, as well!

Overall, a very enjoyable show! I really hope they have more of these and continue streaming them.

Afterthought:
The comment area was split into different language groups, which was an interesting idea. Language is a logical distinction, and possibly the best choice so no one gets stuck in a group where no one else understands them, though I'd be ok with a mix of languages. The smaller SIZE was the welcome thing--it let everyone chat and actually respond to each other, rather than just tossing comments into a stream that's going by so quickly that you can't really read them. (A natural side effect, at least at the larger events, of attending a show by a virtual diva with a global audience, when that whole audience is posting comments at once. ;) )

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Thunderbolt tour is such a exciting and surprising venture.

I attended Fukuoka and Tokyo. Just a great time all around, first time visiting Kyushu and then finally seeing Miku perform in Tokyo.

Though Thunderbolt has been lableled Miku Expo Japan Tour 2023 by most fans, it's so much more. Combining Snow Miku, Two You, Miku Expo and a sprinking of Mirai.

With the alternating 9 song change in the setlist, makes it new concert onto itself. Especially the 12th song in the setlist, which is keeps changing for each concert day and doesn't carryover or alternate.

There were songs that I thought I will never see live such as: Ai(2019 Snow Miku Theme Song), Hitorinbo Envy, and Holy Lance Explosion Boy. Almost burst into tears when those songs came on.

With the return of cheering, the chants is what I really missed about attending a Japan concert. Loving how Japan audience is so good and loud on the chants, cheers, and wota.

I hope they take this approach for upcoming live tours. Just put everything and not keeping theme songs exclusive to their own event.

Really looking forward to Magical Mirai!!!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I wonder if the footage of the concert will ever be made available? I can hope!
mm.. usually, when it's livestreamed on the various platforms, the video stays there until the expiration date of the replay, and then it really depends on the video rights.. mm.. I'd really love a blu-ray release with the Sapporo live + the daily songs of the other cities ^-^
and about the livestream, if the livestream you used allows to replay the video, you could save it with your browser: for Firefox, I always use Video Download Helper, is free and is able to save almost any video (for some videos, you need to download a companion app):

probably there will be also some "not so official" upload on youtube or bilibili, but the method I suggested is what I recommend, and I think there is nothing wrong to keep an offline copy of what you already paid for ^-^

edit: yes there is already on youtube hehe
(but I won't put it here, since the user asked to not repost it, but you can easily find it)

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
mm.. usually, when it's livestreamed on the various platforms, the video stays there until the expiration date of the replay, and then it really depends on the video rights.. mm.. I'd really love a blu-ray release with the Sapporo live + the daily songs of the other cities ^-^
I'll second that! (I'd love to get to see the songs that were changed, too!) Thanks very much for the other suggestions also! I'll content myself with waiting/hoping for an official release, but I'll probably be watching the stream again before the availability period is over!

Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Looking more carefully at this setlist...it's quite something. It's exactly what @JGV said, a real tour de force that combines Mirai, Expo, Two You, Snow Miku, Sekai, and even Galaxy Live 2021, and some others whose origins are either new or I just can't place, with a total of 36 different songs represented. I guess each concert line has to retain its own individual character, but I'd love to see more cross-pollination like this. It really gets me interested in the other concert lines, too--I'd love to see what some of them are like, since Mirai is really the only one of the concerts listed whose content is available internationally without the need for an airplane (i.e., stream, DVD/BluRay).

Rather jealous of those who got to see Decade performed live--it's been a favorite of mine since seeing the Expo footage during Rewind. :)

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
exactly! ^-^ I think it helped that for Thunderbolt, the main organizer was different (Bandai Namco, and not Tokyo Mx for Mirai for example), so indeed they could try something a bit different. It also helped, and this was a so nice idea, that the tour happened between a change of season (winter->spring) and after many events, so the available songs for the setlist were many many.
I really hope there will be another Thunderbolt Tour in the future, and it's ok if it won't be every year. A Japan Tour is difficult to make it every year, and the more time between one event and the other, and the more theme songs are available ^-^

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That sort of brings up something else I've been wondering about:

1. Is this the first year that Thunderbolt has happened, or has the event run before?
2. Was the name of the concert series inspired by the name of the venues? (From what I've gathered in the thread, "Zepp" seems to be a chain of venues, with the word Zepp on the side of the buildings, dedicated event staff, and its own traditions. I'm guessing they run other events when Thunderbolt isn't going on. "Zepp" sounds a bit like the English word "zap," which is a word for receiving a shock of electricity. So I was wondering if the "Zepp" name inspired the name of the concert.)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
interesting thoughts! ^-^

1. this was the first year of Thunderbolt, and actually the first Bandai Namco sponsored event. But in the past, another Japan Tour happened, it was for Miku Expo 2016, so this is the second japanese tour.
this was songs setlist of Miku Expo 2016 Japan Tour:
And now that I look better at the pictures of the main visual, it seems Thunderbolt is the name given to this Japan Tour, but I think is still possible that Thunderbolt might be used again in another Japan Tour in some years from now, since it was a big success among fans.
2. ohhh nice thought! when I think of Zap, it reminds me of Zapp Brannigan of Futurama! hehe
Zepp venues were used for Japan Tour 2016, and also Zepp Sapporo was the venue for Snow Miku 2015, 2018 and 2019 10th Anniversary live concerts<3
what I felt of the word thunderbolt, it was that like a thunder, every song was like a flash of your memory from a past event, and travelling at lightspeed, from the past it arrived there ^-^

• Love

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks very much for the information! It's interesting to know that there was a somewhat similar tour in Japan before! Your thoughts on the name were very nice also!

• Love

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
some live photos from the Sapporo concert, and also reminder that the live streaming service will work until march 31st ^-^

and from today until may 9th, official goods sale available online!🎁🎈

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)