• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Having a glitch with vsqx

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
I downloaded a vsqx for Freely Tomorrow and I saw some notes were missing. I downloaded a different one and it has the pieces I need but when I switch Fukase into English and try to type the notes, he doesn’t detect them :/ I’m confused

note: it is the short version of the song

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
You can't easily switch between Japanese and English VSQXes. The phonemes between the languages are different. So you have to make sure that each note has the correct phonemes for the correct language.

Please take a look at this manual for Vocaloid Editor (it's for 5, but the phonemes are pretty much the same between the older versions): https://rsc-net.vocaloid.com/assets/pdf_files/VOCALOID5_Reference_Manual_ENG.pdf
Go to page 65-67 for English, 68-69 for Japanese.
See that, for example, Japanese u sound is "M". But in English, the u sound could be "U" or "u:", there is no "M". Because of the phonemes not being the same between languages, it's impossible to make an English voice bank sing a Japanese VSQx without manually editing the broken notes.

(Note: I am assuming you are using a Japanese VSQx, if not, I think my advice still works, double check that the phonemes aren't messed up. I remember that Freely Tomorrow has some random English in it, so you would have to copy those notes to a different track and have one track for Fukase Japanese and one track for Fukase English.)

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
You can't easily switch between Japanese and English VSQXes. The phonemes between the languages are different. So you have to make sure that each note has the correct phonemes for the correct language.

Please take a look at this manual for Vocaloid Editor (it's for 5, but the phonemes are pretty much the same between the older versions): https://rsc-net.vocaloid.com/assets/pdf_files/VOCALOID5_Reference_Manual_ENG.pdf
Go to page 65-67 for English, 68-69 for Japanese.
See that, for example, Japanese u sound is "M". But in English, the u sound could be "U" or "u:", there is no "M". Because of the phonemes not being the same between languages, it's impossible to make an English voice bank sing a Japanese VSQx without manually editing the broken notes.

(Note: I am assuming you are using a Japanese VSQx, if not, I think my advice still works, double check that the phonemes aren't messed up. I remember that Freely Tomorrow has some random English in it, so you would have to copy those notes to a different track and have one track for Fukase Japanese and one track for Fukase English.)
I did put English words like inside for example but it doesn’t pick it up

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
It could be that the phonemes have been edited. In the V4 Editor, when someone manually inputs phonemes, the only way to change them is to edit the phonemes to what you want, or delete the note, re-enter it, then enter the lyrics you want.

Also, make sure you have Fukase English equipped when entering English lyrics. I know I'm guilty of loading in a Japanese bank when trying to make a song with that bank's English vocals... more than I care to admit :yohioloid_lili:

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
It could be that the phonemes have been edited. In the V4 Editor, when someone manually inputs phonemes, the only way to change them is to edit the phonemes to what you want, or delete the note, re-enter it, then enter the lyrics you want.

Also, make sure you have Fukase English equipped when entering English lyrics. I know I'm guilty of loading in a Japanese bank when trying to make a song with that bank's English vocals... more than I care to admit :yohioloid_lili:
I will see if I can find another vsqx. It’s a shame it was good too.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, when someone manually edits the phonemes, it locks them so even if you change the lyric in the note box, the phoneme doesn't actually change to match. So right click the note > Note Property > make sure "Protect" isn't checkmarked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)