• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

I bought Hatsune miku NT

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome!

I'm not sure exactly how much knowledge you have at this point, so I apologize if any of the resources below are too basic. But to get you started, I'd recommend having a look at the items below:

1. Basic Vocaloid Software Overview
Gives a basic overview of a few of the main things that a person making music with vocal synths uses to make music, and how they work together.

2. Challenge! Piapro Studio Course
I don't know of a better way to introduce working with a vocal synth than this video. It was made specifically for Piapro Studio (which came before Piapro NT), but Studio and NT are similar enough that it's still really helpful. It's also a good way to get an idea of how to work with a vocal synth in general.

3. Music Production Process Start to Finish
Provides a walk-through of the process one person used to create a cover of an existing song. It doesn't talk about the creative aspects of making an original song, but it does a more in-depth job on how to make a song from scratch from the perspective of using all of the music-making/synth tools than the Basic Vocaloid Software Overview.

For the sake of full disclosure, I wrote two of the above guides, so if you find them useful or not, it's my fault. However, our Resources section also has lots of other guides that go more in-depth on specific areas than the more beginner-focused items above. When you need them, you should definitely check them out!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
After finishing those initial items, a few specific next items I would recommend are below:

1. In one of Piapro NT's menus, there should be a manual. If you haven't read it yet, it should be helpful for understanding how to use the software, and especially for NT's effectors (like Vocal Drive, etc.), which are similar to but also different from the Vocaloid parameters used in Piapro Studio.

2. The General Music Theory resource
Gives a list of places with more information about music theory.

3. Our list of Tuning Resources
This provides a list of places with lots of info about making your synth pronounce words as you desire. It was written with Vocaloid/Piapro Studio in mind, but it should still be useful for the most part.

I'd definitely recommend looking through the other items in the Resources section, though. There's a lot of really useful stuff in there; definitely more than I am readily aware of offhand.

I'd also encourage opening up NT and trying to do something. Either a cover or an original song is fine. A lot of the things you end up learning are going to be when you are trying to do something and realize that you don't know how, and at that point you end up gradually expanding your knowledge as you search for/ask about how to do specific things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)