• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

I desperately need help with Hatsune Miku v4x and English

Hatsune Mikurwa

"Call me Asparagus" - DJ Khaled
Jul 8, 2024
Before you flame me, yeah I know it's stupid of me to have done this but, I bought Hatsune Miku v4x with the English version as a bundle on Sonicwire after having done exactly 0 minutes of research. First I followed the instructions and downloaded the stuff it wanted, first steinburg licensing whatever, then Cubase LE 13 then piapro and Miku v4x and English. I used "Activate 4" and followed the instructions and activated the Miku v4x and then Miku v4 English separately because I messed up the first time. Afterwards both of it said I had successfully activated it. But in Cubase it says that Miku is on the blocklist for "Unsupported Architecture". I tried reinstalling Cubase and Miku v4 English, but neither worked. What exactly do I do to fix this? Please help and also I am clueless about technology so no big words please!

1720993868238.png

Reactions: InstallGentoo

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
I don't have Cubase, but did you also install Piapro Studio along with the voicebanks of Miku? :qingxian_ani_lili:

EDIT: Did a quick google search and someone said that VST2 doesn't work anymore, but VST3 does.
Oh thank you so much for you help! I'm sorry but what is VST2 and VST3? How do I get it to work?
Also I did install Piapro studio (along with "mutant" something idk what that is) along with the voicebanks, when I press "Add Track" and then Piapro Studio it gives me an error message, I think en02 (maybe), but Piapro studio does appear in Cubase and even with the message I think it does open. (Sorry never used Vocaloids or DAWs before so I don't know much)

Edit: Ok just realised VST2 is the thing where it says "version". Do you know how I can update this? Thank you!!

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
For the E02 problem: Failed to load Piapro E02 error

For the vst2 and vst3 problem. I found this solution and made me remember how I also did this a long while back after an unpleasant situation of losing access to Piapro Studio in Studio One because I moved the whole Piapro Studio folder from it's place to a different location!

The fix: Reddit solution for Piapro to work in Ableton 11

Hopes this all helps you out! :ia_ani_lili:

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
I will attempt this immediately. Thank you for your help and I will get back to you about whether or not this solution will resolve the issues as soon as I make my attempt

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
For the E02 problem: Failed to load Piapro E02 error

For the vst2 and vst3 problem. I found this solution and made me remember how I also did this a long while back after an unpleasant situation of losing access to Piapro Studio in Studio One because I moved the whole Piapro Studio folder from it's place to a different location!

The fix: Reddit solution for Piapro to work in Ableton 11

Hopes this all helps you out! :ia_ani_lili:
I'm sorry but I couldn't get it to work. The reddit post did help me find out about "search everything" and I did manage to find the Piapro studio and the "mutant" file, however, I was not able to locate any VST2 file for Cubase like that guy managed to find a VST2 file for "Ableton". I only found VST3 Cache, VST3 Cache lnk, and other VST3 files for Cubase. I attempted to cut and paste the Piapro studio files into those files, but then in Cubase it just removes Piapro from my instruments list until I placed it back into the folder where I found it. Personally, I believe you were correct in your initial statement that VST2s don't work. So do you think there is a way for me to update them to VST3 files? Or perhaps I could abandon Cubase for a different service that supports VST2s? Like "Ableton" or whatever other one that you guys use to open Piapro. If it wouldn't be a bother, would you share what program you use for Piapro? Thank you very much for your help!

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
cut and paste?! Do you mean copy and paste? :arsloid_ani_lili:

I don't know much on Vst2 and Vst3 stuff, but for now you can try out cakewalk or reaper as options! I dont know if Studio One 6 has a free edition that allows outside vst programs. Fl Studio has a limited free edtion, but you can't save. I have Studio One 6, but brought Fl Studio since I always went to it more than Studio One.. :kyo_ani_lili:

Before you try a new program(DAW = it means Digital Audio Workstation) !!!

Please make a folder called VST Plugins and put a copied Piapro Studio VSTi.dll in it! So if any other DAW can't find Piapro Studio you can put the location to search VST Plugins folder, and the DAW will scan the folder. I have all my vsts plugins in that folder along with Piapro Studio.

Reactions: WyndReed

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
cut and paste?! Do you mean copy and paste? :arsloid_ani_lili:

I don't know much on Vst2 and Vst3 stuff, but for now you can try out cakewalk or reaper as options! I dont know if Studio One 6 has a free edition that allows outside vst programs. Fl Studio has a limited free edtion, but you can't save. I have Studio One 6, but brought Fl Studio since I always went to it more than Studio One.. :kyo_ani_lili:

Before you try a new program(DAW = it means Digital Audio Workstation) !!!

Please make a folder called VST Plugins and put a copied Piapro Studio VSTi.dll in it! So if any other DAW can't find Piapro Studio you can put the location to search VST Plugins folder, and the DAW will scan the folder. I have all my vsts plugins in that folder along with Piapro Studio.
Thank you very much! I will download a DAW like cakewalk or reaper and see if one of them supports VST2, I will then copy and paste this time as opposed to cut and paste, because I didn't know that was bad before (considering the little character looking mortified in your reply I am assuming cutting is no good). I do hope this will end up working! I don't have time to do it now but I will come back to inform whether it worked or not by tomorrow or the day after that. You have my gratitude for being incredibly helpful.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
in case you need more support for the VST compatibility (sometimes a simple PC restart might fix that issue you're having, and be sure to select the folder where you've installed Vocaloid, not the installer folder in downloads), here is Cubase forum page:

and this is official install guide of V4X from Sonicwire support page:
:mirai_lili:

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
Screenshot 2024-07-15 231142.png
Thank you very much for reply! I asked Steinberg tech support for help, and this was their response to me. Things are looking up, I do believe the problem has been identified. Only slight issue being that I don't know how to "check if a VST3 version is listed", I assume this is supposed to be done in Cubase but I'm not sure how. Also what does he mean by "sending that text file"? What do I have to send him and how do I do it?

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm..I'm not very familiar with Cubase, but the support is asking you to send a log report txt file about that issue, in the bottom left you can see the button "plug in report", that should create the txt file report which you can send to the support (basically is a log txt file that contains all useful information to check everything), I think you can send to support by email or in the website support there should be a "send attachment file", or just copy paste the content of the txt report:iroha_lili:

InstallGentoo

プロデューサー
May 7, 2021
Heaven
miku.band
v4x does have VST3 right? (ah, doesn't the piapro version it runs on on VST2?)
uhtwopiaproversions.PNG
Think it can't find the parent program because it's a VST2 plugin, the piapro NT should work and you can try and load the v4x VBs with that but that's NT, not v4x. I think the move to Cubase is still WIP?

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
mm..I'm not very familiar with Cubase, but the support is asking you to send a log report txt file about that issue, in the bottom left you can see the button "plug in report", that should create the txt file report which you can send to the support (basically is a log txt file that contains all useful information to check everything), I think you can send to support by email or in the website support there should be a "send attachment file", or just copy paste the content of the txt report:iroha_lili:
Thank you very much! I will do my best to see if I can find the "plug in report" on the bottom left of Cubase so I can send them the information they have asked for the fix the problem.

v4x does have VST3 right? (ah, doesn't the piapro version it runs on on VST2?)
View attachment 8091
Think it can't find the parent program because it's a VST2 plugin, the piapro NT should work and you can try and load the v4x VBs with that but that's NT, not v4x. I think the move to Cubase is still WIP?
Thank you very much for the advice and reply! Unfortunately, I do not understand anything from what you have said, sorry bro. If it is possible, could you maybe provide some more specific instructions on what I should do or maybe describe what you're saying with less technical words and phrases? So that I can understand even though I'm not good with tech and I also never used DAW or Vocaloids before, thank you!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
from your first screenshot, I can see the button "plugin report" on the bottom left of the image ^-^
and what InstallGentoo meant is, the PiaPro Studio software included in V4X is a VST2 plugin, while Piapro Studio of Miku NT is VST3 because is newer. But as written on the official Piapro website, both are 64bit, so they are compatible with Cubase (only 32 bit plugin can have real issues of working), probably with the new Cubase version there is a sort of compatibility check to make VST2 run :mirai_lili:

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
Thanks! I managed to find the "plug in report" buttons, and then I downloaded it as text files and sent it to him via email. Hopefully I will receive a response soon after he checks the reports. As to what InstallGentoo was saying, is he saying I should have bought a different version of Miku instead? (Miku NT instead of v4)? The reason I have bought Miku v4x bundle is because it comes with the English version included. I don't speak Japanese and I can't really use the other versions for any projects. Or is he saying I should download the Piapro studio of Miku NT by itself somewhere and try it with that? Sorry if I seem like a "noob" but I do want to learn all of this...

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
good job! hopefully the support will find the issue by checking the txt report ^-^
and no no, you didn't do anything wrong, and as InstallGentoo said, since the change to Cubase is very recent (from July 1st, before there was another bundled software), it's possible there are still some compatibility issues that can happen and might be fixed by the Cubase support or Crypton with a later patch.
Or maybe there are just some settings that need to be changed, in order to let Cubase accept the VST2 plugin..

mm..as written in the official Sonicwire guide:
■Cubase LE (Only for users who purchased after July 2024)

Follow the installation instructions available on the LICENSED PRODUCT page.
have you checked the instructions on LICENSED PRODUCT page?

then there is official support page of PiaPro Studio (some pages are translated in English, for the others pages you can use Google translate)

or you can try contacting Sonicwire support (only in japanese, so you should prepare a simple message in english and translate with Google translate):

hope you'll solve that issue:ring_smile_lili:

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
good job! hopefully the support will find the issue by checking the txt report ^-^
and no no, you didn't do anything wrong, and as InstallGentoo said, since the change to Cubase is very recent (from July 1st, before there was another bundled software), it's possible there are still some compatibility issues that can happen and might be fixed by the Cubase support or Crypton with a later patch.
Or maybe there are just some settings that need to be changed, in order to let Cubase accept the VST2 plugin..

mm..as written in the official Sonicwire guide:

have you checked the instructions on LICENSED PRODUCT page?

then there is official support page of PiaPro Studio (some pages are translated in English, for the others pages you can use Google translate)

or you can try contacting Sonicwire support (only in japanese, so you should prepare a simple message in english and translate with Google translate):

hope you'll solve that issue:ring_smile_lili:
Hey! Thanks for finding all those guides! As for the official Sonicwire guide, after I bought the voicebanks I had used that guide to successfully activate the licenses for both Miku voicebanks. But they don't really say anything about how how to put them into Cubase after you install it in your PC. I checked the Licensed Product page but I can't find anything about this. I also didn't know about Piapro Studio support thing, so thank you for finding it and showing it to me, I found an article about the E02 error there so maybe it'll give me some more information on how to fix it. Your help is appreciated and please let me know if you have found anything else!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
glad to help in some ways ^^ if I knew Cubase more, for sure I could help you directly, but I have Miku V4X bought when she came out (so the original box with the DVD, different from the new repackage bundled with Cubase) and it has different bundled software.. the guides I found are all the official ones, and if you have a Reddit account, maybe you could try asking in the Vocaloid reddit or Cubase reddit about that issue :ryuuto_lili:

and just looking at it, somebody else is having your same issue with Piapro Studio and Cubase, so I recommend to check this page if there will more replies in the next days:

Hatsune Mikurwa

Jul 8, 2024
I decided to maybe try out Cakewalk if it would work with VST2s. I still got the error message, EN02. What can be done about this? I believe this means that Cubase's compatibility isn't the problem here, since it also gives the same error for Cakewalk. What does this mean? Do I have to reinstall Piapro for it to work? I tried to get the "updater" but Crypton wouldn't let me download it since I didn't have an account (I bought the licenses off of Sonicwire) and they wouldn't take the email I used to make the Sonicwire account. What exactly should I do? Is it possible to download a new version from Sonicwire or should I ask their tech support (I have the emailed receipt for the purchase with the purchase number and such) and ask them what to do? (I also assume that this means the Steinberg guy won't be fixing my problem since it's probably not Cubase's fault). Thanks for helping and I hope this will be resolved soon!

Screenshot 2024-07-16 233615.png

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I think the main issue is a compatibility one: basically, to explain in a easy way, VST2 is a version of plugin made during the Vocaloid 4 years, while VST3 is newer (NT development). Probably, the new versions of Cubase and other softwares as well accept easily any VST3 plugin, while for VST2 there are some settings that need to be changed for a full compatibility.
The fact that Cubase is now included in the repackaged version of Miku V4X means that it works, but it's possible that depending on the computer hardware/software installed, there might be some issues..
a good thing, I checked the Reddit post of my previous message, and the user wrote this new message:
Hey guys I actually figured this out so for anyone else with similar issues:
You just need to open Cubase LE in Rosetta mode. After that simply add Piapro studio as an instrument track and it will take you to the VOCALOID API!
(Rosetta mode is the compatibility mode of Mac OS)
in Windows, maybe there are some settings inside the Cubase software to turn on compatibility for previous VST2 plugin, or maybe something else..:galaco_lili:
edit: I checked on various places, it seems that whenever there is the issue of piapro not loading E02, they all suggest to uninstall it and then install it again with Windows Defender turn off and also run the installer as admin (right click on it, run as administrator), because if you run the installer without admin privilege, then the installer can't extract all files correctly..
and for Cubase, you should try to run it too in admin mode (right click on the exe - run as administrator), that should allow the software to access all files :galaco_lili:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)