• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

I need help with Charsiesis (URGENT).

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Mods: Please feel free to move this thread to where this might be a better fit!

Okay.

As I said earlier, I need help with Charsiesis. I'm using Miku V4 English and I'm trying to get this effect:
Three major things I need help with.

One, figuring out Miku's best octave/register/etc for this sort of thing.

Two, I need help finding the best Charsiesis settings for this. Leah back from VO mentioned her Charsiesis settings but I never got a chance to find it again.

Three, I need help with figuring out what kind of distortion before Charsiesis would be best for this thing. Do I need a subtle amount of distortion or do I need a lot? I also need to make sure that the lyrics are coming out clearly.

This is a little urgent because I need help for two upcoming tracks for the Special Edition of the full-length album "LIVE // DIE // REPEAT" coming up.

WintermintP

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Okay, so I don't know what Charsiesis really is, but I guess you want Miku to have a hard/growlish scream without using the growl function?
If so, here is two information that uncreepy translated if you want to see if one of these two will help you out, Winter.

First One: VocaScreamer
Second One: Voca (metal) Growl

If those two didn't help you out...then sorry, Winter, but I can't help you out much further because of my lack of experience. :ia_lili:
But now that I think about it I remember when I listened to a Dex cover of Diary of Jane where the user used some distortion to help with the growl/screaming part...

EDIT: Oh, VocaScreamer has a small selection for does talk about Charsiesis.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Any luck, Winter? : 0

Also I found that Applemint, the one that did the Dex cover of Diary of Jane, also used Charsiesis along with "guitar amp sims to give it more power," but he didn't mention the settings he used for Charsiesis or for Dex on those parts. Plus he did the cover 2 years ago... : /

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Sadly, yeah until someone better than me comes along to help you, or Leah from VO comes to this site someday...

But I guess play around a bit with Miku and the Charsiesis until you found the right sound for your taste, I guess, Winter. (^_^;)>

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I didn't know we could @ users on here, that's cool. Also, me and my twin are girls. I guess I never actually said our gender before. o__0;

There isn't much about Charsiesis on the documents I translated, because I could hardly find anything on it. S: I finished scouring the English side of Google. I actually have a couple Japanese blogs left on Charsiesis to finish translating, but I had gotten busy and forgotten about it.

WintermintP, do you want me to quick translate some more Japanese Charsiesis tutorials? Or do you think I should finish up our song collab first?

Edit: I think that since no one shares their settings, you probably have to do trial and error to figure it out. Or attempt to contact people who have successfully made a Vocaloid scream. (I would be willing to help contact Japanese producers.)

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Since I'll be busy with the last track for the Special Edition and it's possible that I'll also be busy with UTAUVision and I may have to write new instrumentals for that, I think it'll be a better idea to get on the translations first. Then the next thing to do might be to do something about your computer before we finish off the renders and get to mixing. @.@;;

WintermintP

Mar 6, 2018
Threw this together to hopefully help you figure out decent filter chains for the sound.
Also, LeGion is free. You can get it here.

Original:
Dropbox - V1.wav

Filtered:
Dropbox - V2.wav

index2.png
index3.png

Change settings and mess around with them close to that, but it's similar enough to what you're looking for I think and it all also really depends on the rest of the mix. You might want to put other effects with those or in between, but this should give the general idea.
You can use different amp sims too, and I only chose that one because its free.
I like to try messing with Meshuggah's settings from Metal Guitar Gods in EZMix personally, but you only need a slight amount of distortion.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Threw this together to hopefully help you figure out decent filter chains for the sound.
Also, LeGion is free. You can get it here.

Original:
Dropbox - V1.wav

Filtered:
Dropbox - V2.wav

View attachment 688
View attachment 689

Change settings and mess around with them close to that, but it's similar enough to what you're looking for I think and it all also really depends on the rest of the mix. You might want to put other effects with those or in between, but this should give the general idea.
You can use different amp sims too, and I only chose that one because its free.
I like to try messing with Meshuggah's settings from Metal Guitar Gods in EZMix personally, but you only need a slight amount of distortion.
I know it's been over a year since you've posted this, but I wanted to say that I could never thank you enough. I've been trying to find a way to make UtsuP style screams since I started using Vocaloid, and nothing I've tried has worked until I tried this. With a bit of tweaking, I've got almost exactly the effect I want! Thank you so much!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)