• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Indie Rhythm Game that uses VOCALOID vocals (Scratchin Melodii)

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Saw this come on my TL a few minutes ago and I'm surprised no one's talking about it here yet.

Scratchin Melodii appears to be a Parappa/FNF-inspired indie rhythm game made by @LephemStar91 on Twitter.
The artstyle is adorable, and the character designs are great, and it appears to be getting a new demo at SAGE next week.

I unmuted the video when this came on my TL, and lo and behold, this game uses VOCALOIDS (and i think maybe other synths) on the OST.
The dev said in the comment thread for this video that Jamtine (the cooking girl) is using CYBER DIVA, and Melodii, (the little girl), the protagonist of the game, is using... Chris.
Chris with very modified settings obviously, but still Chris. That's amazing lol
Heres the tweet for reference.

Lephem says the game's demo will release next Friday on the games itch.io page, so go check it out if you're interested! I might check it out too, actually. It's nice to support indie devs!!

What do you guys think?

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
omg, listened to it and had to go back when i read that the other girl was Chris... I often forget how wildly you can manipulate the sounds of voicebanks, even to that extent lol (now i want to go and change his settings to hear how he'd sound in some full songs like that...). Adorable art, and its real cool seeing some vocal synths being used for a game like this!

Reactions: REDD

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
omg, listened to it and had to go back when i read that the other girl was Chris... I often forget how wildly you can manipulate the sounds of voicebanks, even to that extent lol (now i want to go and change his settings to hear how he'd sound in some full songs like that...). Adorable art, and its real cool seeing some vocal synths being used for a game like this!
As a person who absolutely loved Oliver's "role" as Puppycat.. i ADORE stuff like this.
Honestly major props to the dev for getting creative with the vocals! The way he got Chris to sound that convincing as a little girl is... scary. In a good way though, in a good way.

On another note, the game currently has a few OST tracks from the demos available on YouTube.

This one appears to be from the 2021 demo of the game, and I'm guessing this one probably uses a Chipspeech vocal for the burger clown guy.

• Love
Reactions: morrysillusion

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
I played the demo last year, and maybe it's cause i suck at non-touch screen mobile games but I couldnt get through both levels available in the demo lolll, the songs are really good though so replaying was always fun! I recommend mapping the controls to a controller to make things easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)