• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Japanese Lyrics Supporter Club

Since Japanese VOCALOIDs are the most popular ones and many people would like to write original lyrics for them without being pros in the language, I thought "Why don't we team up and help each other?"

It works like this: If you learn Japanese and you would like to
- help another Japanese student to write their lyrics
or
- write your own lyrics even if you are not confident with the language
or
- just let a skilled Japanese speaker take a look at your songs
then you can sign up for this thread.

By signing up for this thread, you will be added to the "Available supporters" list which shows that other members of this thread can interact with you by discussing in this thread or sending private messages regarding Japanese lyrics. You are not forced to reply if you don't want to; it's all based on free will and free time. And don't harrass other supporters if they refuse your request for whatever reason!

If other supporters help you, be grateful and credit them in the original song they helped you writing.
By signing up, it would be helpful to provide your JLPT level, so that we know how confident your language is.

@ZAR-PARTY
(hobbyist / unconfirmed JLPT: N5
fluent in Russian & German)

@hamano
(hobbyist / unconfirmed JLPT: N5-N4
fluent in Finnish)

@uncreepy
(Japanese student / confirmed JLPT: N2)

@GreenFantasy64
(hobbyist / unconfirmed JLPT: N5)

@BLANAero
(Japanese student / unconfirmed JLPT: N5-N4)

@xmex
(hobbyist / confirmed JLPT: N1
fluent in Vietnamese)

よろしくお願いします。

Last edited:
I might be around JLPT N5~N4, although I haven't taken the test so it's hard to say...
So yeah, I love the idea and I'd like to sign up but I'm afraid I won't be much of a help.
I have added you to the list.

I also added information on other languages people speak, just in case that someone prefers to contact people who speak their language.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I speak conversational Japanese and am between N2~N1 level (currently studying for N1). I like translating Vocaloid-related news from Japanese to English, but have been practicing turning existing English VSQs into Japanese language versions. Me and @WintermintP recently released a Japanese song together where I created the lyrics, if you need an example.

I always get my Japanese translations checked by a private tutor, even if I'm quite confident, just to make sure there are no mistakes. For that reason, if someone requires a large translation project, I have translation commission rates (PM me for details) so I can cover what my time is worth combined with the cost of talking to my tutor.

I am willing to do things like give advice if you are unsure of your own translation, check pronunciation, or help with songs that are mainly English with a couple Japanese lines thrown in. (If the song is entirely Japanese and you know zero Japanese, that would probably be a commission for me.)

Warning: If you have a vague idea for a song, but no English lyrics and especially no background music, don't ask me. >_< I can't help if there is nothing to work with, especially since I am unable to make background music yet, so there needs to either be an English VSQ or MIDI notes to fill in with Japanese (how can the lyrics match the music if there is no music or even a song idea?).

I speak conversational Japanese and am between N2~N1 level (currently studying for N1). I like translating Vocaloid-related news from Japanese to English, but have been practicing turning existing English VSQs into Japanese language versions. Me and @WintermintP recently released a Japanese song together where I created the lyrics, if you need an example.

I always get my Japanese translations checked by a private tutor, even if I'm quite confident, just to make sure there are no mistakes. For that reason, if someone requires a large translation project, I have translation commission rates (PM me for details) so I can cover what my time is worth combined with the cost of talking to my tutor.

I am willing to do things like give advice if you are unsure of your own translation, check pronunciation, or help with songs that are mainly English with a couple Japanese lines thrown in. (If the song is entirely Japanese and you know zero Japanese, that would probably be a commission for me.)

Warning: If you have a vague idea for a song, but no English lyrics and especially no background music, don't ask me. >_< I can't help if there is nothing to work with, especially since I am unable to make background music yet, so there needs to either be an English VSQ or MIDI notes to fill in with Japanese (how can the lyrics match the music if there is no music or even a song idea?).
I don't think that anyone on here would ask you to create background music or VSQs. I think that the majority of people who write lyrics before they write music, just wants to translate their lyrics and then make music for them. At least, that's how I work in any language.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I don't think that anyone on here would ask you to create background music or VSQs. I think that the majority of people who write lyrics before they write music, just wants to translate their lyrics and then make music for them. At least, that's how I work in any language.
I've had some failed collabs of people initially asking me to help with Japanese lyrics, but when we started PMing they reveal that they didn't know how to make background music and didn't even have completed lyrics, so basically they wanted me to translate unfinished/vague lyrics with no tune to match them to. It was really awkward. :arsloid_lili:

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Sadly, I'm barely at N5. Trying to learn Japanese Grammar and I still need to memorize all the Hiragana and Katakana letters. (I think I got most or at least half of them down). But this seems like a handy thread, Zar. :akikoloid_lili:

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
Yo. I have no idea what the N-number thing mean, but I know all the hiragana/katakana, about 50 kanji, I can do conversations. Not useful for quite advanced japanese speakers, I can understand like half of a pop japanese song. I take japanese classes, 2 hours a week, but the summer is a pause.

Edit: so I'm at least N5, probably not far from N4.

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Yo. I have no idea what the N-number thing mean, but I know all the hiragana/katakana, about 50 kanji, I can do conversations. Not useful for quite advanced japanese speakers, I can understand like half of a pop japanese song. I take japanese classes, 2 hours a week, but the summer is a pause.
N1 to N5 Japanese levels

To summarizes: N5 is the beginning stage and N1 is expert level of knowing Japanese. :lumi_lili:

Sign me up, I'm N1 and can also speak Vietnamese. Vocaloid's the reason I picked up Japanese so I'm more than happy to help.
Done.

Everyone, check out the list and correct me if I got something wrong. For clarification, "hobbyist" means that someone learns by themselves. Unless you have a tutor, I enter everyone as hobbyists.
Good that we have some diversity in our levels.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Just to let people who are looking for Japanese help know, I am gonna go on a hiatus from collabs until after Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's. I am just too busy at my job right now due to the holiday rush and am already getting too tired out to be timely with replies. Sorry! I'll be open again for collabs in January.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)