• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Let's Play A Shipping Game!

People love shipping other people. So I decided to make a game out of it! The person above names a VOCALOID, and you must list your ships of that VOCALOID (you can have multiple ships)! If you're naming a VOCALOID, you may also include your own ships.

Rules:
No skipping, even if you don't know the VOCALOID. Look them up, maybe listen to a song or two, then choose a VOCALOID to ship them with.
No shipping wars. There's enough of that in other fandoms. If you disagree with a ship, just don't say anything.
Feel free to attach fanart or songs including your ships! Just limit them to three or put them in spoilers. Also, please do not attach the song "Magnet" or any cover of it.
You may also say you don't ship them with anyone and that you see them as being single, but please don't say this for every VOCALOID you get.

Have fun! First VOCALOID is... Miriam! (I don't ship her with anyone, personally, but maybe someone else does!)

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Hmm, I don't really ship her with any other Vocaloid either... Sometimes I imagine her as happy being single, and sometimes I like to imagine that she's married to a non-Vocaloid man and they live a quiet, low-profile life in a suburban setting or something.

How about... IA? :ia_lili:

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Sometimes I ship him with Sonika, but surprisingly I like to ship him with IA the most. I don't know, I just think they look really cute together!

A few years ago I actually found a song where the two of them sung together in Indonesian (I think), and I found it really cute and interesting even though I couldn't understand a word. It made me relieved that it's (probably) not as much of a crack pairing as I think it is. I'll post a link to it later if I can find it.
EDIT: Found it.

Next, how about... my baby Zun-chan? :zunko_lili:

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

mochagatari

Expert Mikunologist & Akaripiko Pioneer
Feb 22, 2020
mikunology.tumblr.com
I ship Zunko with Avanna! They both have green palettes, and I think some of Avanna's old artwork had her pictured with bows and arrows as well, so they have that in common too! I also think they have a funny dynamic in my headcanons, where Zunko pretends to not like Avanna because doesn't want to be one-upped by Avanna's archery skills but ends up crushing on her instead. :>c

How about Flower? :flower_smile_lili:

dezzydream

jermacraft
i ship flower with kokone! my headcannon is that flower is loud, obnoxious, and not "ladylike" while kokone is shy and a neat-freak. seeing them as roommates or girlfriends that live together its really interesting to me :)

hmmmm what about kiyoteru?

msmsmsm

CUL Supremacist
Sep 15, 2018
I think I'd ship her with Yukari! My head-canon being: Yukari is quite aloof and cold for the most part, but with Mayu being the murderous ray of sunshine that she is, she can bring the best out in Yukari! She enjoys showing Mayu how to play videogames, and Mayu is just happy to be in her presence. Luckily for Mayu, Yukari doesn't take much interest in other people so she doesn't feel compelled to act on her "protective" impulses. Don't let that fool you into thinking she isn't on high alert 24/7 though. ;)

Also with Tei, but it's just chaos (think the manga Love/Death)

Hmm, who to pick... nana! :nana_lili:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
I don't really "ship" them romantically but I imagine her as being good friends with Gumi and many Japanese UTAUs (Teto, Momo, Defoko, Matsudappoine, and others). I'm not sure why. Perhaps because I used to listen to a lot of Gumi and UTAU covers around the time I first discovered Nana (circa late 2011, a time in my life I remember very fondly), so I associate all of them with that time...?

How about Haruno Sora? :sora_lili:

Last edited:

Heart-Eclipse-Dogma

Dedicated Yukaria Shipper
Sep 26, 2020
Wow, haven't heard Sora's name in a while! My gut instinct is to ship her with Cul - they'd go back and forth from being a fem/butch couple and butch/butch couple, lol. In my headcanons, Cul puts up this cool rockstar persona who treats others coldly, but inside she cares deeply for the people in her life. She even has the secret desire to be a cutesy idol, but is too scared to be vulnerable/ruin her public image she's worked hard to maintain. After being friends a while, Cul would warm up to her and embrace the cutesy/"not cool" aspects of herself she's locked away.
Meanwhile, Cul is teaching Sora how to be herself and not be pushed around by the company she works for - maybe even give her a little more firm of a perspective on who she is? Sora gives me identity issue vibes - she would probably just conform to whatever people wanted her to be at the moment, either her "cool" self or her "sweet" self. With Cul, she can learn to combine them and embrace both the "cute" and "cool" aspects of herself without only being one or the other.

It's the most mainstream 'loid I could have possibly picked, but how about Miku? She's (arguably) the most popular 'loid to ship around, I'd love to see your pairing(s) with her! :miku_ani_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
I don’t really ship Miku with anyone except for my one crackship in which she’s aged up to 19 and I ship her with Sukone Tei. XD

I like to think Miku falls for Tei, much to Tei’s dismay and Tei gradually warms up to Miku. <3

How about Gumi? :gumi_lili:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i dont ship stuff too hard tbh (purely think about them just as vocal pairs) but i do ship gumi with flower... mostly thanks to that honeyworks song lmao. they sound cute together and that song also kinda painted a cute dynamic between the two that i find even cuter with flower's supposed personality too.

how abouuuut Bruno?:bruno_lili:

I'm unoriginal, but I love him with Clara. I see him as being overly romantic and she's more toned down and usually rejects his advances. Until one day when she just finally breaks and let's him take her out. Then she realized she liked him, too.

What about Longya? Again, don't ship him with anyone personally, but maybe someone else does?

mochagatari

Expert Mikunologist & Akaripiko Pioneer
Feb 22, 2020
mikunology.tumblr.com
I kinda ship Longya with Qangqiong! Once again they have similar palettes (and even similar air motifs, if I'm not mistaken?) and I found a very nice duet cover featuring them (I can't remember the name, I'll have to check later). They seem like they'd be a very classy, levelheaded kind of couple~

Hmm...what about who you ship with Dex?:dex_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
I ship him with Daina!! I’m very fond of shipping the duo ones, haha. XD
I don’t really have any fleshed out headcanons for them, but I think the two of them would be in a band with Ruby and that’s how they met! (Ruby gave’em little nudges to get together.)

Speaking of Ruby, does anyone here ship her with someone?

msmsmsm

CUL Supremacist
Sep 15, 2018
okay okay, I ship Galaco and Stardust. I like to think they travel the universe together, aiding the formation of solar systems and raising planets - particularly planets that could harbour life. They like to observe nebulas while chilling on faraway moons and hop wormholes for fun.

what abouttttt... SeeU :seeu_lili:

Heart-Eclipse-Dogma

Dedicated Yukaria Shipper
Sep 26, 2020
SEEU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ship SeeU with IA soooo hard, they're my OTP!!!! I think they'd be a really cutesy couple - they'd live together in a little apartment and make each other lunches and do other domestic, slice of life stuff. IA is always working, but never fails to make time for SeeU (I hc SeeU is lowkey unemployed and has to job hop a little bit, but still pulls her share of rent) and go on tons of cute dates. SEEU X IA FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!! :seeu_lili::ia_lili:

hmm, how about... Yukari? :yukari_ani_lili:

• Love
Reactions: msmsmsm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)