• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Liam Payne from One Direction has passed away

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
1729132112906.png
Liam Payne, one of the five members of the “The X Factor”-bred boy band One Direction, has died at the age of 31.

The singer died after falling three floors from a hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina, according to the Associated Press. Alberto Crescenti, head of the state emergency medical system, said that he fell into a courtyard at Casa Sur Hotel. It’s unclear if the fall was an accident, and authorities are investigating the circumstances of his death.

Payne was best known in One Direction for his recognizable falsettos that became an integral part of the band’s chart-topping bubblegum pop hits — “What Makes You Beautiful,” “Best Song Ever,” “Story of My Life,” “Night Changes,” among numerous others. As one of the highest-selling boy bands in modern history, the quintet sold over 70 million records worldwide during their time together between 2010 and 2016.
x

I know this is non-vocal synth/virtual singer news, but this was pretty unexpected. Also not sure if this belongs here as its own forum post, so I formatted the post like I would in another forum that I'm on. I'm more well-versed in western music, which is probably why I did do so, and even iHeartRadio made a playlist about him. Please don't go at me for this.
But seriously though, RIP to him, he was really young...

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Well, I was shocked when I heard it on the radio because it was unexpected (at least, since I wasn't much a fan of One direction I didn't follow them closely so besides knowing Harry Styles was a former member of that boys band) but yeah, it's pretty sad for his family, siblings and his fans...

I also struggle to realize we were aronud the same age it feels unreal

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
honestly like...if a celebrity is on the older side you kind of see their death coming a bit more, but he was so, so young...i swear 1d was THE boy band when i was in elementary school (i think it was 5sos in middle school and bts in high school) and here i am as a young adult and one of them has died

i'm honestly really hoping the death was accidental because i hate hearing about people taking their own lives, especially if it's "successful" (i put that in quotes because a "failure" means a second chance at life, so it's actually more successful to fail at something like that). also if it wasn't his fault murder sucks so...

i'm saying this as someone who's not really a big 1d fan, but i grew up seeing their songs come out so...it feels like not so long ago that they were an active touring band

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)