• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Luo Tianyi Japanese

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not sure they would use two different voice providers for two different banks in the same language. It's not like Tianyi's original VP can't record another bank in a different tone.

I think it's much more likely that they just had her original VP record both banks, and then used Kano's recordings sparingly to lessen the accent in them while still keeping the voice "Tianyi" -- she does sound very natural.
I guess so... though it wouldn't be impossible
But I am just glad tianyi japanese finally sees a release date!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
The most likely case to me is that Shan Xin was used for the consonant-vowel transitions and vowels, whereas Kano was used for everything else consonant related and stationaries. It's really interesting how they've done it, and Tianyi sounds very natural thanks to the new method.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not sure they would use two different voice providers for two different banks in the same language. It's not like Tianyi's original VP can't record another bank in a different tone.

I think it's much more likely that they just had her original VP record both banks, and then used Kano's recordings sparingly to lessen the accent in them while still keeping the voice "Tianyi" -- she does sound very natural.
I thought the same. Shan Xin can speak Japanese but may have a Chinese accent that may through off Native Japanese people. So probably bringing a Japanese singer to fix the accent but maintaining the tone of Tianyi is a nice concept to bring in Japanese customers I think.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Honestly I think Tianyi shot up both my Chinese VOCALOID and overall rankings... I didn't expect her Japanese library to be on this level but it and her Power VB are so good that I think I'd want to buy her at some point.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
well to bad Tianyi japanese doesn't have power

But it makes sense because it's more difficult to do noises powerfully in a language you can't speak

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
well to bad Tianyi japanese doesn't have power

But it makes sense because it's more difficult to do noises powerfully in a language you can't speak
I think it's nice that her Chinese libraries are Normal/Power and her Japanese libraries are Normal/Soft, tone wise. She can cover a lot more genres that way~ Maybe Tianyi V5 will have even more...

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Oh hey, colour me pleasantly surprised. She sounds a lot more mellow and smooth here, which I like.

Her new outfit is kinda busy, but super cute! Way nicer than her Chinese design imo

Also whaaaat Xin Hua has a JP bank now too?!

Last edited:

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Oh hey, colour me pleasantly surprised. She sounds a lot more mellow and smooth here, which I like.

Her new outfit is kinda busy, but super cute! Way nicer than her Chinese design imo

Also whaaaat Xin Hua has a JP bank now too?!
Yes, since some time already!!
Her color sheme is different in japanese tho!

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
So what are the odds that our girl Tianyi gets a global release, and will be made available internationally (boxed ver, not just JP)? Or will we be using forwarding services again/// ghhh I'm terrible at buying products that require forwarding services, it's just so shady and untrustworthy to meeee ;;

Stardust Daydreamer

~ Magic, Mental Health, and Music ~
Apr 9, 2018
Aaah! She’s coming out so soon! I thought she wouldn’t be released for at least another year! Luo Tianyi is one of my favorite Vocaloids, and I can’t wait to get her Japanese Voicebanks (since she has two voices apparently).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)