• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Luo Tianyi Japanese

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK

Her voice is so cute and natural! I think I like her pronunciation and tone even more than Xin Hua's Japanese. They did well developing their first Japanese libraries. The release date for both Digital and Physical versions is May 21. Apparently her V4 Japanese is sampled from both Shan Xin (her regular VP) and Kano, which explains why she sounds so natural, I guess.

Last edited:

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
It sounds so good.
The only concerns I really had with her was her not being able to pronounce R's (sounds funny, right?)
This is because R's in Chinese aren't rolled or have the same dictation as R's in Japanese. They have a different sound entirely, and so I was concerned she wouldn't be able to pronounce them properly, however it looks like my concerns were for naught! Lol it's not a perfect pronunciation, but better than I expected.

The only sounds I can really pick out that are different are her "wo", "ou" and "o" sounds, and even then it's not all that common.

Overall I'm really glad they're finally putting out this voicebank. She sounds great, and it looks like it was worth the wait! Hoping to see more of her with Miku. :"D

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I just updated my post with new information, since it's being translated. VSinger are always interesting in their approaches...

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
In regards to the previous worries about anti-communist songs, I mean...there might be one or two, but honestly? It's a non-issue. A "nothing burger" if you will (pFFFffF)

Political songs are few and far between in the Vocaloid world. I can only think of a couple in Japanese, one in Korean (where SeeU literally just repeated the word...I think it was "government") over and over? And not really any in English, depending on your definition of political.

The only reason I can think of this happening is there might be a few idiots who want to poke the hornet's nest, or a few people who are genuinely unhappy with the fact that China's horribly, horribly corrupt. Considering that the fandom racism overseas and here has never really been focused on Tianyi (unlike poor SeeU, which still makes me mad because good lord what's wrong with people), I really doubt that spiteful anti-Communist songs are going to be a huge deal.

I predict there'll be a couple, maybe one or two that become popular to an extent, but nothing that should really warrant outrage or upset. Much less enough that would make China kill the Tianyi JP voicebanks.

Not when there's money to be made, amirite? lol

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I love the thing on her back that look like angel wings. That's a nice touch to her being an angel. And more official casual looking outfits on Vocaloids are always welcome.

Her voice is also very pleasant to listen to! I have a feeling her "sweet" vb will probably be my favourite out of her two Japanese voicebanks tho.

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
She sounds so cute! I'd personally love to see more Chinese VOCALOIDs get JP voicebanks, and vice-versa too. I mean, we already have the blessing that is Xin Hua JP. I'm really liking Tianyi's japanese vb, hopefully she'll get a trial version!!

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
She sounds so cute! I'd personally love to see more Chinese VOCALOIDs get JP voicebanks, and vice-versa too. I mean, we already have the blessing that is Xin Hua JP. I'm really liking Tianyi's japanese vb, hopefully she'll get a trial version!!
Longya Japanese please
Or sell Ling/Longya as a Japanese bundle I mean how cool would that be x'D
I'd love to see a Stardust JP too (tho she's not owned by Vsinger technically), and a YANHE JP///

Still holding out for Tianyi English ;; A ;; one day, one day////

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Longya Japanese please
^^^^^^
Though tbh. if I had to decide between Longya Japanese and Longya english... gimme that Longya english (especially as the VP can sing english)

The design is great, but I feel she has lost her "vocaloid angel from space" concept over the years.
I feel more like they are trying to make her more cutesy to appeal the japanese market more

Gumina

New Fan
Apr 10, 2018
Germany
kaschra.deviantart.com

Her voice is so cute and natural! I think I like her pronunciation and tone even more than Xin Hua's Japanese. They did well developing their first Japanese libraries. The release date for both Digital and Physical versions is May 21. Apparently her V4 Japanese is sampled from both Shan Xin (her regular VP) and Kano, which explains why she sounds so natural, I guess.
Damn, they really did a great job with her Japanese bank. She sounds great!

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
If they gave me Longya English I would probably cry tears of joy and buy six of them

He's literally my favorite Vsinger character
Same except he is my favourite Vocaloid overall!!
Luo Tianyi's JP voicebank has 2 voice providers they also confirmed ><
I know!! but I wonder how they did that with 2 vps?
One for Normal and one for sweet?? (at least I am assuming they mean it like that)

VocaloidFreak

Chinese Vocaloid Fan
Apr 8, 2018
United States
Same except he is my favourite Vocaloid overall!!

I know!! but I wonder how they did that with 2 vps?
One for Normal and one for sweet?? (at least I am assuming they mean it like that)
I think they did that so that her accent is not as noticeable since Kano is a native japanese speaker. It still sounds like Tianyi but her accent is not as heavy which is what I think they did.

Reactions: YunīC

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I think they did that so that her accent is not as noticeable since Kano is a native japanese speaker. It still sounds like Tianyi but her accent is not as heavy which is what I think they did.
I also thought of that but both things are possible so I guess only vsinger truly knows

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
I can only comment in one way
I was so, so sure I'd get Akari for my birthday, now Tianyi is making me doubt my decision so much since it's LITERALLY my kind of voicetype, I always loved her and I'm a huge fan of Kano as Utaite. I can't wait for release, and hopefully for more demo songs since as much as I love 40mP, I would love to hear some different genres too.

Luo Tianyi's JP voicebank has 2 voice providers they also confirmed ><
I'm seriously curious to know how they made it work out. I mean, she sounds very natural and not heavy accented at all, but still sounds like Tianyi perfectly. Witchcraft!?

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I also thought of that but both things are possible so I guess only vsinger truly knows
I'm not sure they would use two different voice providers for two different banks in the same language. It's not like Tianyi's original VP can't record another bank in a different tone.

I think it's much more likely that they just had her original VP record both banks, and then used Kano's recordings sparingly to lessen the accent in them while still keeping the voice "Tianyi" -- she does sound very natural.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)