• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

MIKU EXPO Rewind

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
MIKU EXPO Rewind :miku_ani_lili: :len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::luka_lili::meiko_ani_lili::kaito_ani_lili:

Date:
2022年6月5日(日)

Live Concert Time:
Daytime performance
Midtime performance
Night performance

Venue:

Tickets:
free

Schedule contents:
live concert

In the sense of rewind = rewind , we will collect selected videos from MIKU EXPO concerts held in Japan and overseas and deliver them for free (^ O ^) /
At this event, you can enjoy valuable videos that have not been archived or made into DVDs, so please look forward to it. In addition, we plan to distribute YouTube Live and Twitch as distribution platforms, and we plan to distribute 3 times so that you can enjoy it at different times ♪ * The content will be the same for all 3 performances.

Official website:

Twitter:

Last edited:

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Looking forward to this.

Though it's a compilation of footage from past Expos. I look forward to the unreleased footage.

The only unreleased footage I can recall is
Miku Expo 2019 Hong Kong and Miku Expo 2014 Indonesia (both have some footage that can be seen on the HatsuneMiku YT channel). I do want to see both concerts in their entirety!!

I was willing to donate money again to support CFM, but throwing another Kickstarter event seems too much of a hand full.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm looking forward to it also. My impression is that the different Miku Expos have setlists that are a good bit different from what you might see at Mirai, and from what little I know, they're really cool! I'm excited to see what it's like!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm the unreleased footage should be also from Miku Expo in Europe, and also the different venues of Miku Expo Japan Tour :miku_ani_lili:

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Sweet! Really hope I can make all the events; the end of May and early June are looking like a blast!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Super looking forward to this, as well as Digital Stars in about 2 weeks! I love these events--they're so much fun!

Is it weird that I still have the Expo 2021 Online guidebook, because somehow I just don't want to delete it...? :luka_move:

(I wonder if they'll do another collaboratively-made online event like Expo 2021 Online someday.... I'd love to support/see one of those again! :miku_ani_lili:)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just a reminder Miku Expo Rewind is today/tonight/tomorrow!!!

Yep, about 3 hours 26 minutes until the start of the first Digital Stars segment, with the first concert starting 1 hour later!

Hope to see everyone there--let's have a blast!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Another tremendous experience from CFM! I have again found a bunch of new concert songs to enjoy! And, of course, Digital Stars was a blast as always!

As someone who has most of their CFM concert experience coming from Mirai DVDs (a great investment if ever there was one), seeing this anthology of moments from Expo concerts over the years has really helped me to better understand the breadth and variety of different venues and concert experiences that CFM has offered to people. They've done so much work in so many different environments, and I'm not sure how I would have known that until something like Rewind came along. I'd love so much to be able to go to a concert at any of the many cool and different venues that we got to see! Listing off just a few of the stages we saw:
  • The one (in Britain, I think) with the Miku hair ties on either side of the stage
  • The one with the bright red panels with the moving dragon
  • The one with the metal spheres/pipes surrounding the stage
  • The one with the projected circuit boards
  • The stage with the hoops behind the band/overhead
(It isn't Expo-related, but I'm also reminded that Miku was projected onto a sheet of water at Tokyo's 150th anniversary event. CFM really does different stuff all the time!)

There were also some really cool and different stage effects. For example, the laser-line-drawn patterns that circled around Miku at one point, or the moving/flexing geometric pattern that followed her hands and body in that one CircusP song. And, of course, I found one of those subtle but precious choreography effects that I treasure--having Miku make the number "10" with her fingers during "Decade" was a stroke of genius. Little touches like those help so much in making the singers' performances really come alive and bring them into the "real" world; in this case, it was like she was aware of the song and was gesturing appropriately. (Of course, it isn't like this is particularly uncommon, I suppose--the singers often gesture/move in song-specific ways. But somehow, the very specifically appropriate nature of forming the number "10" for this song stuck out to me....)

In any case, Rewind really made it clear what a top-tier show Expo is, and all the work that goes into it and the other concerts that CFM works on. Much love and major props to everyone who does all this work--thank you!

Getting to see all this cool stuff, I'm excited to think about what future events might be like. I even started thinking about how awesome it would be if they had their own private/dedicated event space. Imagine if they had free reign to create custom set pieces of any size/design and change them from year to year, or were able to install the machinery to make them move during the show. Building or buying and maintaining a building would be expensive, though. Maybe spaces could be leased out when they weren't being used?

As maybe a more realistic/less expensive (or at least more quickly attainable) option, I was imagining the further exploration of the new technology that was made for Expo 2021 Online. The open lot that was used in 2021 was probably an ideal place to use that new tech, and I very much enjoyed how it felt like sort of an impromptu performance--like the singers/band were passing by that spot and spontaneously decided to perform for whomever might be walking by. Imagine, though, if the concert were held somewhere else--maybe it could be in a park, letting the singers appear up in or pass behind trees, or sometimes appear in a boat on a pond. Or maybe it could be by the ocean, letting them do something on the beach or in the waves. (Interacting with random waves--where the water would have to interact with their feet/body realistically--would probably be tricky, though, but very cool if it could be pulled off.)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
For anyone interested, there's a song remix contest, too!

FYI, if you're in the US and have to deal with Daylight Saving Time ( :kaito_lili: ), it looks like Daylight Saving Time starts at Nov. 6 at 5pm JST.

So, for example, to get to Eastern Time from JST before that point, you would subtract 13 hours. When the time changes, we "fall back" by 1 hour, so after that, you would subtract 14 hours.

(Right? I swear, I hate Daylight Savings Time....)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
thanks for the added information!!
and I didn't know that the daylight saving time in the US happens in early november, while in europe it is on last sunday of october (with central european time, it is -7 hours of difference with Japan in summer and -8 hours in winter), and in Japan there isn't:miku_move:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Getting to see all this cool stuff, I'm excited to think about what future events might be like. I even started thinking about how awesome it would be if they had their own private/dedicated event space. Imagine if they had free reign to create custom set pieces of any size/design and change them from year to year, or were able to install the machinery to make them move during the show. Building or buying and maintaining a building would be expensive, though. Maybe spaces could be leased out when they weren't being used?
I was thinking about what might be possible if a new projection concert space were built, and I had an idea that might/might not be off-the-wall....

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
here is the main schedule for Miku Expo Rewind+ ♪(^∇^*)

★1回目: 11月6日 (日) (JST)
10:30 AM START
 ★2回目: 11月6日 (日) (JST)
5:30 PM START

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)