• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

mobius017 - At Home with Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I've produced my first original recently, for the "MIKU EXPO Stay Home! Mini Song Contest." It's called "At Home with Miku." The music/lyrics are mine, and @hamano created the artwork (Isn't the art just gorgeous!?).

If you're interested, please do have a look at the song/artwork below or on SoundCloud!

The artwork for this song features an adaptation of Hatsune Miku, © Crypton Future Media, Inc. 2007, licensed under a CC BY-NC: Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported — CC BY-NC 3.0.

[Verse 1]
The springtime sun
Gilds the grass in the morning light
Now that winter is done
It's an irresistible sight

I want to give
My friends this feeling
Sweet beyond compare

But I know I shouldn't
It's not that I'm afraid
It's because I care

[Chorus]
I want to go outside
I'm missing out today
But to keep all my friends well
Right here I will remain

We'll meet up online
And I'll text with you
We'll keep each other safe
Though I'm gonna miss you

So please wait at home
Stay at home with Miku

[Verse 2]
I really regret
How this ruins all of our plans
Acting for everyone
Singing in front of friends and fans

And it hurts me
Not to be there
When you're well or blue

So please while we're apart
Keep my song in your heart;
Know I care about you

[Chorus]

[Instrumental]

[Verse 3]
We're almost there
Our efforts will put things aright
In just a little while
So please be patient; just hold tight

I want to give
My friends this feeling
Strong beyond compare:

You're not in this alone
We're all in this with you
And we are all there

[Chorus (abridged)]
Please wait at home
Stay at home with Miku

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
This is a great first original! I really enjoyed it.

This song contest seemed pretty ideal to me for incoming producers because there was no stress of having a "full" song of 3:00+ like most are, and I am super happy to see you got to gave your first song released with it!! I'm looking forward to your future music

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thank you so much, @Kona!

I'm really glad everyone who has Liked or commented on the song so far has enjoyed it! I really appreciate all of your support!

You know, it's kind of weird (because it's something I decided to do myself, and, as it should be, it's something anyone can decide to do), but I really feel honored to have gotten the chance to participate in this contest. IMO, participating in a song contest is one of the coolest things you can do in the vocal synth fandom. It can be sort of hard to keep in mind (because I think as they're working on making the best entry they can, anyone who enters probably has part of them thinking, "You know, what if I win!?"), but really, getting to work hard and be a part of it is a huge prize in itself, and every competitor receives that. It's just such a significant experience for any fan to have.

Of course, it's really, really important for any creator to get feedback from people that they enjoyed what they did. So thank you everyone very much again!

I played the song for my birds earlier. It was so cute to see them sitting there, just staring at the screen. They seemed really surprised to hear their own voices!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)