• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

My Bad WIPs

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
I just realized that I start way too much Vocaloid projects and already have 3 WIPs posted in the forums. So why not just post 'em here for convenience's sake? So take a horrible clip of Rin singing my R.

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Don't know much to really help, but for Miku, it almost sounds like she has a sore throat at times. :xinhua_lili:

Oh, yeah I listened to some of your covers in youtube, and I wanted to let you know that you need to work on mixing. The vocals are too harsh on most of them where it almost like pops...? :merli_lili:

In fact, I was wondering if you can remake your cover of "Je T'aime" I really like the cover, but I noticed that it hurts my ears because of the mixing. And so, I sometimes skip it (I have it as my Writing Playlist. ^^;), but I really wish to continue having it since it could be smoothing and nice to listen to for the writing mood. :anon_lili:

Reactions: CallmeNerdy

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I tried fixing it, but I suck. I'll try again later...
Ouch, at :43 and around 1.00 it really sounds...bad...no...like her vocals are over 0.0 to like +0:6. (>_>;)

May I ask, what are you using on the vocals and on the insturmental for the mixing in Studio One, Nerdy? :ia_lili:

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
Ouch, at :43 and around 1.00 it really sounds...bad...no...like her vocals are over 0.0 to like +0:6. (>_>;)

May I ask, what are you using on the vocals and on the insturmental for the mixing in Studio One, Nerdy? :ia_lili:
I couldn't find an instrumental, so I tried my best at removing the vocals from the original song. And, I'm using FL Studio, which is pretty hard to navigate around for a beginner like me.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I couldn't find an instrumental, so I tried my best at removing the vocals from the original song. And, I'm using FL Studio, which is pretty hard to navigate around for a beginner like me.
Oh, okay. Do you want me to try mixing it for you? I have Studio One. (I do have a trail version of FL Studio that I'm not good at.)
Actually let me try helping you out a bit on mixing on FL Studio before you answer...

For the vocals you can use EQUO, Fruity Limiter and Compressor, Fruity EQ2, Fruity Flanger. You can also use the knobs near the glowing green dot to decrease the use of each of the presets. For the instrumental some Limiter. But all this is my options and you don't have to follow this because I'm not experience on mixing or all the uses in FL Studio (more on the trail version since I only have that one).

Reactions: CallmeNerdy

Cyana

The Kagamines are my children
May 25, 2018
Australia
It sounds like she might be clipping at some parts. Do you have a compressor/limiter on it? Otherwise, try lower the overall volume and see if that helps

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)