• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Feedback No Cryptonloids on the home page?

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Because it was, it seems it was opened for me (thank you)

Yes but while VVN is part of VNN it's still it's seperate thing if that makes sense.

Honestly if it had Vocaloids characters everywhere I wouldn't have joined (because that can look unprofessional and weeby very fast)

It's important to keep a balance.
And why would the editor look like it would just be about the voices? essentialy it's a programm and it's not like there are no characters shown.... just not in the banner

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
The thread was temporarily locked as mod's reviewed the thread. After review, we have decided to keep it unlocked. Staff has no further comments to add to this. If you wish to see the official reasons behind staff decisions or wish to know the future of themes on this site, please check Bascetta's post.

This thread will remain open as long as users remain civil.

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
Because it was, it seems it was opened for me (thank you)

Yes but while VVN is part of VNN it's still it's seperate thing if that makes sense.

Honestly if it had Vocaloids characters everywhere I wouldn't have joined (because that can look unprofessional and weeby very fast)

It's important to keep a balance.
And why would the editor look like it would just be about the voices? essentialy it's a programm and it's not like there are no characters shown.... just not in the banner
There are ways to do it without it looking weeby (and the only way it could possibly look "weeby" is if it were only the crypton loids). Look at how VNN did their banner; tasteful, diverse, inclusive, well designed.

It's not that hard to do the same thing here, but with different people from the community. Even doing something simple, like having the silhouettes of vocaloids!! Looking up at the stars RazzyRu drew or smth. It would be simple but you'd be able to see it.

It's really not that hard to make it look nice and still be inclusive, without choosing to erase all the vocaloids and have a simple banner instead. I really just think it was a weird decision to not include any vocaloids at all on the front banner.

That's why I'm really hoping that they'll open up a contest so people in the community will get their chance to decorate the forum, too. Make it inclusive by including the community members, and letting them draw what they love; vocaloids.

The thread was temporarily locked as mod's reviewed the thread. After review, we have decided to keep it unlocked. Staff has no further comments to add to this. If you wish to see the official reasons behind staff decisions or wish to know the future of themes on this site, please check Bascetta's post.

This thread will remain open as long as users remain civil.
I see. Well I'm glad you didn't find anything that was deemed lock-worthy. It's a lot of critique-ing, but so far I don't think anyone has said anything inflammatory. I mentioned before too that if my critiques come off as harsh it's just me speaking my mind and I do apologize if I offended anyone.

I just want to see the forum become something amazing, and these are just a few ideas I think should be considered. :3

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Well color me impressed that you made it look so good! I thought for sure it was a stock image. Forgive me for that mistake.
Ah, no worry. I suppose the fact I could make it look like a stock image is a good sign haha! I do understand that not seeing Vocaloids at first at the top is funny, then also goes the issue that this Vocaloid(s) would be on every page and over-power the other ones featured. Which one is better? I think that might be based on personal preference~ I will not have an opinion on this matter.
But as mentioned before, there will be custom themes in the future that will probably have Vocaloid(s) in the banner, I'm curious to how that will look when the time comes

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
At least for me VNNs Banner isn't all Vocaloids but instead the mascots
Screenshot_2018-04-11-18-38-23.jpg
(Changed to mobile View for that)

Also what works on a news page doesn't always work on a forum.

but honestly I don't really have anything to add, I think I made my opinion clear, you made your opinion clear, they do not match.

But what's important is.... not everybody is against the new banner.
I just wanted to voice my opinion as it seemed as if everybody was against it but I like it really much even if I can't look at it unless I switch to desktop view, it's really stylish

But I don't want to continue arguing about it if that makes sense. Let's rather drive that energy towards the loids we love

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
At least for me VNNs Banner isn't all Vocaloids but instead the mascots
View attachment 257
(Changed to mobile View for that)

Also what works on a news page doesn't always work on a forum.

but honestly I don't really have anything to add, I think I made my opinion clear, you made your opinion clear, they do not match.

But what's important is.... not everybody is against the new banner.
I just wanted to voice my opinion as it seemed as if everybody was against it but I like it really much even if I can't look at it unless I switch to desktop view, it's really stylish

But I don't want to continue arguing about it if that makes sense. Let's rather drive that energy towards the loids we love
They changed it on me, how dare they lol

facebook-francais-1.png <-- Essentially this is what I"m talking about.

I feel like if we did something similar, except sans the VNN mascots and with more vocaloids (i mean there's more space and there are plenty of options to rotate out vocaloids, like themed months or just contest entries that get rotated like what Vocaloid Empire does), it would be a better look than just stars (as well drawn as they are, mind you).

I'm putting energy towards this because I love design, and vocaloid, and being able to be apart of a community of people who feel the same way. I just feel that there's some real room for improvement here, and I'm hoping that the admins will take all this to heart and consider some contests in the future, or just put out some better designs that really shout "This is a Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Forum!!! Look at how great this community is with all its lovely characters to adore!!" or smth lol

That's pretty much all I want for the forum. I can't do much beyond give opinions on what the design could look like to improve, but again, that's just me.

Last edited:

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I personally don't want that.....
That reminds me to much of Anime Forums/Websites honestly.
(Reminds me to much on my 15 Years old past)

But generally I think it's rather a think of taste than a necessarity
I have been on a specific anime forum that had like no or only 1 image of that Anime in the entire design when I was young (again ugly past).
And guess what it was great.
Banners don't say anything about a forum honestly

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
Banners don't say anything about a forum honestly
How would a banner with Vocaloids on it for a Vocaloid forum not tell people that it's a Vocaloid forum??? x'D

I do see your point tho, it really does come down to a matter of tastes. I don't think it has to be anything particularly bright or super dynamic, but it would at least be nice to have a couple vocaloids a month for the banner.

We'll let everyone know when planning for future themes begins! I think polls will be a good way to gather ideas. We can create a selection of themes to suit different tastes.
That sounds great!
Can't wait to see the polls//// that'd be super cool :D

Nori

Zombie wife
Mar 25, 2018
Canada
noribya.deviantart.com
I was one of the artists, like others have said we chose of our own volition. In my case I wanted to draw two vocaloids i am more familiar and comfortable with drawing. (In this case SeeU and Ruby). Honestly there were lots of vocaloids I wanted to draw too. I would be more than happy to draw a Miku for a skin in the future. Or even gumi or IA. ?

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I was one of the artists, like others have said we chose of our own volition. In my case I wanted to draw two vocaloids i am more familiar and comfortable with drawing. (In this case SeeU and Ruby). Honestly there were lots of vocaloids I wanted to draw too. I would be more than happy to draw a Miku for a skin in the future. Or even gumi or IA. ?
(whos seri? u mean seeu? wwww)
My question is how did you get the shot at it? Like was there just a community call that I missed for it, or had you been tapped to be a mod and then you offered to do the node art? I would've loved to contribute if I had been aware that volunteering art was a possibility before the group went up.

Nori

Zombie wife
Mar 25, 2018
Canada
noribya.deviantart.com
(whos seri? u mean seeu? wwww)
My question is how did you get the shot at it? Like was there just a community call that I missed for it, or had you been tapped to be a mod and then you offered to do the node art? I would've loved to contribute if I had been aware that volunteering art was a possibility before the group went up.
Yeah I've been a part of the site process from the start and offered to do art.
Not sure about the rest I am sure they have their own stories about it.
(Also curse my phone autocorrect lol)

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
Pfff auto correct is a cruel mistress///

that makes sense. I really wish then that the rest of us plebs had the chance to contribute beforehand, then. Really make it a community effort, you know? Ah, well. It's really just nice to have a forum at all, and I really am hoping that the mods will consider allowing more people to contribute to the forum's layout in the future.

please consider doing the contests. I barely ever win them but just being able to have a chance to contribute would be amazing. I wanna be apart of things, darn it!! lol

Bascetta

One who does Administering
Mar 7, 2018
Pfff auto correct is a cruel mistress///

that makes sense. I really wish then that the rest of us plebs had the chance to contribute beforehand, then. Really make it a community effort, you know? Ah, well. It's really just nice to have a forum at all, and I really am hoping that the mods will consider allowing more people to contribute to the forum's layout in the future.

please consider doing the contests. I barely ever win them but just being able to have a chance to contribute would be amazing. I wanna be apart of things, darn it!! lol
Another admin and I made open calls on the VO forums and the official Discord asking for artist contribution towards artwork for the site. We asked multiple times over a three week period and every artist that contacted us got an opportunity to create something for VocaVerse.

Other members of the community also signal boosted the project to other medias such as Twitter and the Vocaloid Amino app.

Whether the user became a mod or not was completely unrelated, however, since mods were more closely involved with the project, they often offered to help where it was needed, such as when artist's dropped out.

Theme contests are planned and they have been from the very start, well before the launch of the website.

If you are curious, we have a thread stating planned future features for the site right here

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
Another admin and I made open calls on the VO forums and the official Discord asking for artist contribution towards artwork for the site. We asked multiple times over a three week period and every artist that contacted us got an opportunity to create something for VocaVerse.

Other members of the community also signal boosted the project to other medias such as Twitter and the Vocaloid Amino app.

Whether the user became a mod or not was completely unrelated, however, since mods were more closely involved with the project, they often offered to help where it was needed, such as when artist's dropped out.

Theme contests are planned and they have been from the very start, well before the launch of the website.

If you are curious, we have a thread stating planned future features for the site right here
That's fine-- that one's on me because I very rarely touched VO-- after the Ruby debacle and then the Vivi one, and then following Azure's announcement I just stopped looking at the site altogether for a solid month.

I'll definitely give the forum thread a look. Thanks for linking me :)

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, I totally missed out there was a contest for it.
Then again my phone was probably broken at that time and I wouldn't have contributed anyway

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I can't seem to create a new topic in the feedbacks section because of "insufficient rights"?
Well, there you go, another issue imo, why is it like that?
So I have to post here because of another problem:

Even when a long time has passed in a topic where the last post was done by the same member, if that member posts again the new post gets merged with the old one. That shouldn't be the case! I get the idea to prevent spam and stuff, but if days have passed it should be possible. Like so I already saw members replying to me in the Project Diva discussion that they were unaware of my posts because they don't get notifications for the merged one.
Definitely an issue I think!

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
I can't seem to create a new topic in the feedbacks section because of "insufficient rights"?
Well, there you go, another issue imo, why is it like that?
So I have to post here because of another problem:

Even when a long time has passed in a topic where the last post was done by the same member, if that member posts again the new post gets merged with the old one. That shouldn't be the case! I get the idea to prevent spam and stuff, but if days have passed it should be possible. Like so I already saw members replying to me in the Project Diva discussion that they were unaware of my posts because they don't get notifications for the merged one.
Definitely an issue I think!
I believe I have fixed the issue with being unable to post new threads within this section. I changed permissions earlier today in the Announcements & Events parent section, which apparently also changed these ones. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

As for the auto-merge, I will bring it up to the others and see what we can do. I'm not fully certain how the system works, but if possible, I'll see if we can implement a time limit on it.

In the future, if you ever have any issues/find any glitches that don't require their own thread (or if it still does not allow you to create threads), you can report them in the Known Issues thread [here].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)