• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Oh look, sleepysheep made an UTAU

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Not exactly sure if this is in the right spot but I made an UTAU. This is just a test bank to be honest. It is just a CV that was recorded at C3. I plan on adding more pitches after this one. For this demo all that I did to this ust was remove the prefix to make CV friendly, move it down one octave, reset the envelopes, use the automatically apply parameters feature to get the pretturance and overlaps to fit with the bank, use the cross fade at p2/p3 feature and fix any that had an !, added in a bit of vibrato on the long notes, and finally just did a very quick mix of the the two usts together in fl-studios. Hopefully, he is at least understandable and not annoying to the ears. I will probably go back and redo this set of recordings once I get better at this. Anyways tell me what you guys think.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
He sounds nice. :kaito2_move:

Are you thinking of adding more banks to him later on too? Like a soft and/or power bank? :rune_lili:
I probably wouldn't mind getting him when he's released. I was thinking of getting one male bank that is at least similar to Matsudappoiyo (RIP to him... :kaito_lili:) a few days ago, so your UTAUloid sounds nice to use when he's ready for release. Good luck! :ia_ani_lili:

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
He sounds nice. :kaito2_move:

Are you thinking of adding more banks to him later on too? Like a soft and/or power bank? :rune_lili:
I probably wouldn't mind getting him when he's released. I was thinking of getting one male bank that is at least similar to Matsudappoiyo (RIP to him... :kaito_lili:) a few days ago, so your UTAUloid sounds nice to use when he's ready for release. Good luck! :ia_ani_lili:
hmmmm I might add more banks later, I'm first trying to get him to at least sound decent in one bank.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
You can always crawl fast : D

Sorry, I was thinking of the "Witch" from the "Witch's House" and Zombies from Black Ops Zombies. :kyo_lili:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I think he sounds really, really nice. I'd definitely use him when he releases if I actually y'know...could use UTAU and had the patience to learn it. Looking forward to what you do in the future with UTAU.

MystSaphyr

Yamaha ha ha ha ha
Apr 8, 2018
Tennessee, USA
mystsaphyr.me
Oh what a good tone!! I'd love to use him! I hear a few CV oto quirks that could be ironed out, but honestly he sounds so nice!!
Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at and beta him or anything :agree:

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Oh what a good tone!! I'd love to use him! I hear a few CV oto quirks that could be ironed out, but honestly he sounds so nice!!
Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at and beta him or anything :agree:
That doesn't surprise me, on a few of them I was kinda guessing. (Triple letter sounds like nya & ryu were the hardest mainly because there is no exact way to oto those that I have found) But I'll probably let people mess with it once I get some more recording done and try to iron out the bugs. (WinterdrivE gave me some good pointers on the n sounds so I figured I would fix those and then maybe look at the s sounds after that just because they are going sssssvowel instead of svowel)

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
updated and recorded some sounds for this tone. I'm almost done with this part. Next recordings will probably be at G3, then E4 and from there maybe C5 depending on how it sounds. I'll post more updates later.

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Another update:

Ah well, I finished recording at G3 and well....it's not bad but I don't think it will work for this bank at the moment. What do you guys think? I set up the prefix map that at G3 it switches to the G3 recordings I also am using a generic oto so it does have some issues that will be hammered out if people at least like the recordings and think they mesh well with the C3 recordings.

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Update:
Here is another update to show where my UTAU is at. Technically not all the recordings G3 are finished but I have enough recorded and oto's that I could do this song. Hopefully he isn't as soft as last time. I am also hoping he doesn't sound annoying now that he is a bitone utau. (well almost also is it bitone or duotone?) Feel free to critique or do whatever you want with it. Also I really need to think up a better name than test.

scott

it's free real estate
Apr 12, 2018
The transition between pitches sounds much smoother this time :agree:

Also I think it would be called bipitch or 2-pitch

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
The transition between pitches sounds much smoother this time :agree:

Also I think it would be called bipitch or 2-pitch
Ah that is good, I know I really forced myself to sing strong. Had to do a lot of warming up to get there. I hope to be done with the G3 recordings by the end of next week at the latest and move on to the E4 recordings next.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
They both sound nice (well, if you don't count the sudden mistakes of pitches in the first one :clara_lili:). You can have it where there is his normal voicebank and his soft voicebank if you like. :akikoloid_lili:

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Well here is an attempt with a rock song. I'm not sure if my UTAU is meant to do such songs. Again this is just a plug and play. I just reset the envelopes, reset pre utterance and overlap on all the notes, and made the cross fades 2 and 3. The UST I used was already an octave down so I didn't mess with that. Hopefully, he still sounds okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)