• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

opinion on WIP UTAU bank? (opinion on character type and tone!)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
unsure exactly where to share this but i would like to know a sort of "first impression" of this voicebank in terms of... what could you see it being, as a character? (gender, appearance even?) and any other impressions on the tone! whether its if it sounds desirable of what kinda songs a voice like this could fit. if youre aware of my past utau character bank please disregard it entirely, act like it never existed lol. just want standalone impressions!!

Sample:

Do note this is just a barely edited moresampler oto! No flags on the voice, used TIPS, no EQ/etc applied. Currently bi-pitch (b3 and E4, aiming for higher and maybe another to ease B3 to E4) and that sample shows the ideal range area/close to

recorded in early 2020.... apologies for any...weird annunciation? mental disabilities affect my speech so theres some ways i say things that just cannot be fixed (easily).

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i love the they sound! I'm conflicted because I liked the heavy 'k's your older ver. had but I can see why it would be less desirable.
they probably couldve been a little harder in places, tbh. but from my old recordings i knew i needed to "soften" most of my consonants in general (god my old t's were a lot!) so i was probably extra careful lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronny777

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
oh this sounds beautiful!! i can imagine it for sadder, more somber songs? at least judging from the provided sample. keep up the great work tho!! :D
thank you!! i definitely vibe with the slower songs, tho i often find my utau is like.. just out of or under range for many of them, but the lower range sounds good- for example, with this test. so i think ill maybe aim for another low pitch. and honestly ill probably record a "whisper" voice too because i do love how those sound lol. even my 5 year old whisper bank still holds up tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)