• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Piapro Studio help

Zeph-r

New Fan
Feb 12, 2021
So I've only just started using Piapro Studio and Studio One and I don't really know much about how they work.

I've been trying to import a MIDI file into Piapro Studio so that making the VSQx will be easier but when I try to playback within Piapro, it sets the tempo back to default and I can't change it back despite the correct tempo being displayed in Studio One. Is this a known issue? I'm not really sure what to do. Should I just put in the notes manually instead?

Vetis

Resident SeeU Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2020
I've just done some experimenting. When importing a file (be it a MIDI or a VSQx), there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the tempo within Piapro Studio. In the case of VSQx files, it correctly imports the tempo from the file. MIDIs just get stuck at 120. The only way I've been able to get it to work is by creating an entirely new Piapro project, in which case the tempo within Piapro matches the tempo of my DAW. It's very strange. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I do own the VOCALOID editor if you'd like me to import your MIDI for you and I can send you the properly imported VSQx file. That should get around Piapro's weird behaviour.

Reactions: peaches2217

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
I assume you're using piapro studio (NT version) as a slave mode and use studio one as a host.

If the tempo set in the DAW is different from the tempo set in the Piapro Studio NT plug-in, the following notification will be displayed when you play in the DAW.
tempo_diff_notif_j-300x94.png
look like this.

1. If you want to match the master tempo on the DAW with the Piapro Studio NT
If no tempo change has been written to either in the DAW or Piapro Studio, you can synchronize the tempo by the following method.

A) Play the DAW from the beginning of the song (1st bar, 1st beat).
B) Alternatively, enter the same value as the master tempo on the DAW side into the master tempo of Piapro Studio.
(Example: Studio One 5, Tempo 140.00)
HostTempoToNT_1.png

2. When the tempo of the song is changed in the DAW.
If you want to reflect the tempo change in the song, write out the MIDI data in which the tempo information is recorded on the DAW software side, and read the exported MIDI data in Piapro Studio NT. (File> Read> Time signature and tempo ...> menu)

!!Caution READ ME!!
Depending on the DAW, the tempo change can be expressed by "slope (smooth change)", but the tempo of the MIDI file written in this state can always express the smooth tempo change. Please note that it is difficult to completely synchronize the tempo with the DAW side even if it is loaded into Piapro Studio.
For DAWs with such a function, enter the tempo change in "step" and read the MIDI file in that state in Piapro Studio.

Example of step-type tempo change and slope-type tempo change (Studio One)
nt_import_tempo_step-768x404.png
Step type: Tempo matches (click for full preview)

nt_import_tempo_slope-768x404.png
Slope type: Tempo does not match due to different tilt resolution (click for full preview)

I highly recommend you to use Piapro studio as standalone application.
I hope this help.

Vetis

Resident SeeU Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2020
I assume you're using piapro studio (NT version) as a slave mode and use studio one as a host.

If the tempo set in the DAW is different from the tempo set in the Piapro Studio NT plug-in, the following notification will be displayed when you play in the DAW.
View attachment 5635
look like this.

1. If you want to match the master tempo on the DAW with the Piapro Studio NT
If no tempo change has been written to either in the DAW or Piapro Studio, you can synchronize the tempo by the following method.

A) Play the DAW from the beginning of the song (1st bar, 1st beat).
B) Alternatively, enter the same value as the master tempo on the DAW side into the master tempo of Piapro Studio.
(Example: Studio One 5, Tempo 140.00)
View attachment 5636

2. When the tempo of the song is changed in the DAW.
If you want to reflect the tempo change in the song, write out the MIDI data in which the tempo information is recorded on the DAW software side, and read the exported MIDI data in Piapro Studio NT. (File> Read> Time signature and tempo ...> menu)

!!Caution READ ME!!
Depending on the DAW, the tempo change can be expressed by "slope (smooth change)", but the tempo of the MIDI file written in this state can always express the smooth tempo change. Please note that it is difficult to completely synchronize the tempo with the DAW side even if it is loaded into Piapro Studio.
For DAWs with such a function, enter the tempo change in "step" and read the MIDI file in that state in Piapro Studio.

View attachment 5637

View attachment 5638
Slope type: Tempo does not match due to different tilt resolution (click for full preview)

I highly recommend you to use Piapro studio as standalone application.
I hope this help.
They mentioned VSQx files, so I think they're using Piapro Studio for V4X as opposed to NT. NT doesn't seem to have the issue they're describing.

Reactions: peaches2217

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
In addition to what @GreenFantasy64 said, I wanted to point out that there's a "Meter / Tempo Track" in Piapro. If you open the Help menu in Piapro and click on Operations Manual, you can get more info about it (just search for "Meter / Tempo Track"). If the "A" button is turned off (so, grey rather than yellow), the meter/tempo will be synced with your DAW.

So if you continue to have issues after importing the tempo from the MIDI, I would think it might help to try making sure that the "A" button is turned on ("yellow").

Off-topic:
!!Caution READ ME!!

nt_import_tempo_step-768x404.png

nt_import_tempo_slope-768x404.png

Ooh, I probably had exactly that issue when I was trying to do a gradual tempo change--it seemed to work ok until I added effects to the voice, but with the effects on, Miku started skipping a few words at the tempo transition. Good to know; if I do that again, I'll have to either use MIDI or maybe draw the tempo ramp in the Piapro tempo track manually.

If you have Piapro import the meter/tempo data from MIDI, does that only affect the meter/tempo data, or would that overwrite any existing lyrics/other info also?

Last edited:

Zeph-r

New Fan
Feb 12, 2021
In addition to what @GreenFantasy64 said, I wanted to point out that there's a "Meter / Tempo Track" in Piapro. If you open the Help menu in Piapro and click on Operations Manual, you can get more info about it (just search for "Meter / Tempo Track"). If the "A" button is turned off (so, grey rather than yellow), the meter/tempo will be synced with your DAW.

So if you continue to have issues after importing the tempo from the MIDI, I would think it might help to try making sure that the "A" button is turned on ("yellow").

Off-topic:

Ooh, I probably had exactly that issue when I was trying to do a gradual tempo change--it seemed to work ok until I added effects to the voice, but with the effects on, Miku started skipping a few words at the tempo transition. Good to know; if I do that again, I'll have to either use MIDI or maybe draw the tempo ramp in the Piapro tempo track manually.

If you have Piapro import the meter/tempo data from MIDI, does that only affect the meter/tempo data, or would that overwrite any existing lyrics/other info also?
This worked! Thank you so much! And to everyone else who replied!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)