• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

PMX Editor Help

Hi there, so the issue I'm having is the infamous missing DLL file issue. There is a WHOLE LONG STRING of DLL error messages popping up whenever I try to open PMX editor. Eventually, the editor will open, but I have to close fifty plus error windows, which I'm not sure I want to do every time I want to open the editor. I have unblocked and tried multiple different editors (the only thing is that I need it to be in English since I don't understand Japanese). I just really want to make a few models of my own of some OCs I have without having to commission someone else to do it for me, but I'm really stuck here. I've been trying this off and on for about two years now and am just... really, really confused. Any ideas?

Sep 21, 2019
I can probably help you with this!

May I ask which version you're using? Are you using the older translated version or the more recently translated version?

And, would you mind sharing screenshots of the errors you're receiving? I don't speak Japanese fluently, but I could at least try to translate. :S

Last edited:
I can probably help you with this!

May I ask which version you're using? Are you using the older translated version or the more recently translated version?

And, would you mind sharing screenshots of the errors you're receiving? I don't speak Japanese fluently, but I could at least try to translate. :S
Here's one of them:
The other was a bit more recent, I think, but I don't have the link anymore... but I know it was done in 2018 and I found it on DeviantArt.

As for the screenshots, the error messages are actually not in Japanese. Most of them are telling me I'm missing certain things. Mostly something like textures.dll or something, I don't quite understand it all since I'm not familiar with the technicalities of MMD.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Oh, I see. Does MMD work fine for you? Does it give you any errors when you try to open it? That'll help me figure out what's going on.

Also, here's the link to the more recent translation: PmxEditor vr.0254f English Version - v2.0 by Inochi-PM on DeviantArt

Please download it, and then BEFORE you extract the zip, right-click and select "properties" from the drop down menu. If the box next to "read only" is checked, uncheck it and then extract the zip. Hopefully this'll solve your issue. Please let me know if you need more help! :D

Oh, I see. Does MMD work fine for you? Does it give you any errors when you try to open it? That'll help me figure out what's going on.

Also, here's the link to the more recent translation: PmxEditor vr.0254f English Version - v2.0 by Inochi-PM on DeviantArt

Please download it, and then BEFORE you extract the zip, right-click and select "properties" from the drop down menu. If the box next to "read only" is checked, uncheck it and then extract the zip. Hopefully this'll solve your issue. Please let me know if you need more help! :D
MMD works fine for me now, no error messages. As for the link, that was definitely one I tried. I unblocked it and unchecked read-only. Still a long string of error messages. Again, it'll open... eventually. Just have to wade through all the error messages, haha.

Sep 21, 2019
Huh. That's really odd. Unblocking the zip usually fixes the problem.

Maybe, if you haven't already, try to see if they have any tutorials on how to fix it on LearnMMD. If they don't, try reaching out to the webmaster (Reggie) via email. I can give you his email if you'd like.

Huh. That's really odd. Unblocking the zip usually fixes the problem.

Maybe, if you haven't already, try to see if they have any tutorials on how to fix it on LearnMMD. If they don't, try reaching out to the webmaster (Reggie) via email. I can give you his email if you'd like.
I'll look for any tutorials and see, but I'd definitely appreciate having his email, as well! Thanks!

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)