• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Real-time voice conversion software aimed at VTubers called "Voidol"

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@frankensalad I found someone managed to input Voiceroid audio to convert tons of characters in to Zunko's voice:

They are saying "Zunko-san ni natta yo (I became Zunko)" except for Kiritan, who says she "can become big sister with this ehehehe".

They also converted piano sounds:

Reactions: Twillby

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
So it looks like it's possible, but you have to run some kind of virtual audio input ports. That sucks, as I tried installing that kind of software on my computer before for something else and couldn't figure it out. Ah well.

• Sad
Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Because of time zone differences, I'm hoping we can see the voices for sale at some point during the 28th.

The demos for the next batch of voices aren't up yet, so we can't hear what some of them sound like (Gate Jobs and Jack Blow in particular being mysterious).

The only character so far I wasn't able to write info about (other than the profile pic) was Gate Jobs, but now that they have his voice provider written in katakana, I was able to find out about him. AIJ (アイジ) is an R&B singer, rapper, producer, and narrator (that's what his Twitter profile says). Based on my research, it seems he also does rapping parts on songs sung by other people.

His YouTube: AIJMUSIC
Soundcloud: AIJ

I don't know if I should recap what we know about each voice (because everything's spread out throughout the thread) or if no one really cares that much to justify doing that?

Edit: I forgot to mention, but for some reason the next batch of voices costs ¥3,800 ($34.88) instead of ¥4,180 ($38.37) like the previous batch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voidquestions

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Since you mentioned it, I did made a research for "Voidol had the bad reviews on Amazon JP" and yeah, you were right about that! Here's proof:
5 stars: 11%
4 stars: 5%
3 stars: 26%
2 stars: 0%
1 star: 58%
Update on Voidol's less-than-stellar reviews (now 2 stars) (I think it must have been like 2 1/2 before because I described it as being "basically 2 stars" back in October):
5 stars: 13% <-- I legitimately do not think this is a 5 star quality product
4 stars: 0% <-- Guess some people changed their review?
3 stars: 18%
2 stars: 23%
1 star: 45%

Edit: Pie chart for dramatic effect
voidol_stats.jpg

Some people who gave it bad ratings weren't able to use the software at all because they couldn't get it to download (they should have used the demo first, but who would expect it wouldn't work), were confused by the interface, and/or didn't like the quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wario94

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Also, there's one more newest member for Voidol cast: Tohoku Kiritan.
Yes, we were told about her being in the next lineup on the 14th (see post #51). It's kind of weird, in my humble opinion, because she's also going to be on that synth M. Morise is working on. Maybe they let Crimson Technology use her because of their goal of sharing her a cappella singing data recently was to further deep-learning vocal synthesis research?

I am really curious about the quality of this second batch of voices (as in how many female/male models will they have)?

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I think the reason for the difference in price is that
¥3,800 ($34.88) = tax not included, ¥4,180 ($38.37) = tax included. I checked the character catalogue (which actually has functioning hyperlinks now) and the prices on Crimson Technology's website are the former, but Rakuten/Amazon are the later.

I know I keep commenting on this thread, but geez, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I kept thinking while at work how "I can't believe I waited like 200ish days for this." :{ I really wanted to sing and talk and sound like a cool dude. When the next batch comes out, I might just compare the demos and buy either Tsukasa, Jack, or Gate Jobs depending on which appears to sound the least horrible just so I can sleep at night.

Last mini rant, but I hate how some characters have super short demos. On the character catalogue, some demos are as short as 3 whole seconds and they only say like 3 words during it. That is a crummy way to market a character's voice! Not all of the new voices are on Crimson Technology's official YouTube like the first batch from back on the iPhone app days.:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Voidquestions

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The next batch of characters has been released (Crimson Technology's website/Twitter hasn't updated with news about it, though). You can hear their demos here.

I didn't realize it until now, but for those who can't read what each clip is, it's like this:
voidol_translation.jpg

Voidquestions

New Fan
Aug 29, 2019
Last mini rant, but I hate how some characters have super short demos. On the character catalogue, some demos are as short as 3 whole seconds and they only say like 3 words during it. That is a crummy way to market a character's voice!
Also they all have that eerie background tone for some reason.

Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was curious to compare which Voidol characters are the least popular and most popular. I have conducted very scientific, time-consuming research-- writing down the number of plays on the raw character voice followed by the number of plays on the male human voice converted to the character voice (assuming there are way more male otaku than girls wanting to use Voidol).

Peroro: 91/103
Tsubasa 398/568
Zunko: 494/807 <--The winner of The Most Popular Voidol Voice goes to Zunko! Hoo boy, I never would have seen that coming!
Yoshida-kun: 159/181
Miranda: 130/158
Tsukasa: 103/105
Queen Shuffle: 37/34
Jack Blow: 23/23 <--The winner of The Least Popular Voidol Voice goes to poor Jack! (He's a star in my book, I've been invested in him from the start!)
Ichiru: 48/58
Zombie-ko: 75/75
Gate Jobs: 27/33
Kiritan: 130/376

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Zombi-ko is a VTuber: Zombi-Ko Channel

(I accidentally added an "e" to her name in my previous post, the correct spelling has no "e".)

She apparently used to have an older model that was more gore-y. She debuted last year, I don't know much else about her. I think Crimson Technology just wanted to get some C-list VTubers on board to help promote the software.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was curious to compare which Voidol characters are the least popular and most popular. I have conducted very scientific, time-consuming research-- writing down the number of plays on the raw character voice followed by the number of plays on the male human voice converted to the character voice (assuming there are way more male otaku than girls wanting to use Voidol).

Zunko: 494/807 <--The winner of The Most Popular Voidol Voice goes to Zunko! Hoo boy, I never would have seen that coming!
Tsubasa 398/568
Kiritan: 130/376
Yoshida-kun: 159/181
Miranda: 130/158
Tsukasa: 103/105
Peroro: 91/103
Zombie-ko: 75/75
Ichiru: 48/58
Queen Shuffle: 37/34
Gate Jobs: 27/33
Jack Blow: 23/23 <--The winner of The Least Popular Voidol Voice goes to poor Jack! (He's a star in my book, I've been invested in him from the start!)
^ I rearranged the list to be in numerical order. I dunno what I was thinking before.

I checked the Amazon Japan sales rankings themselves for each character. This is based on how many people actually purchased each add-on voice and it is updated every hour in relation to the categories the product is in. Voidol and its add-on voices are in the Software category.

Voidol trial version: #7
Voidol full version: #421
Queen Shuffle: #603 <-- What the heck?? HOW?! How is she more popular than the Tohokus? Are there that many "Queen Shuffle-sama" spouting Japanese LARPers?

Kiritan: #1,202
Zunko: #1,684
Tsubasa: #2,126
Ichiru: #2,171

Yoshida-kun: #3,718
Zombi-ko: #3,870
Jack Blow: #4,157
Tsukasa: #11,428

Peroro: No rank
Miranda: No rank
Gate Jobs: No rank

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Crimson Technology has a new article about Iroha's (random) virtual idol debut. They said that you could download the song for free until the end of the year, so I painstakingly made an account on the site called mora that they linked to. Only for it to block me for not being in Japan (don't worry, my VPN helped me sneak by). When I finally downloaded the song, it was only 8 seconds and had no background music. I was really confused, kept re-listening to the "song" out of confusion/anger, and complained for the entire process on VocaVerse's Discord. After accessing my brain, I re-read the article, they said what I had downloaded was a "limited time download of the special voice in the song from mora". Hmm... special voice, okay.

Anyway, it turns out the real song is 3:25 long and you can hear a 30 second preview of it (with the background music actually included) on iTunes:

(I recommend listening to this preview rather than going to the trouble to download the raw vocal. It just sounded like normal low quality Voidol with no BGM, but they managed to make it actually sound like it fit the music in the real version.)

The artist is called LUDWIG 3rd (ルードヴィッヒ3世) and I literally can't find any info about them/other songs. But the 8 second long clip came with a photo of them (they were described by Voidol as being "a mysterious costume-wearing artist".
lu.jpg

I wonder if Voidol will keep collabing with other artist to promote their Voidol characters? They actually seem to distribute music by other artists (and they are credited on LUDWIG 3rd's song and they have news articles about releasing songs with artists such as DIAURA and D=Out (big names in jrock)). I will keep my eye out for more Vodiol virtual idol news in the future.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Nyanami

New Fan
Dec 23, 2019
Hello, I am encountering a problem, by trying to buy the software on Amazon jp, it says there's an error and then I just can't buy it.

I bought an amazon jp gift card and tried to put a japanese address but it still doesn't work.

Edit : I tried using a VPN then the error message (red) changed and said to put the japanese address as default to buy the product. I did so and tried again and it worked.

Attachments

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I'm glad you got your issue fixed with purchasing.

I tested out Voidol with Discord. You have to have Voidol running and then go in to the Discord settings > Under "Mic Test" make sure either "What U Hear (Sound Blaster Recon 3Di)" or "Stereo Mix" is selected (these are the same thing but the naming varies from computer to computer, it means that Discord is using the audio emitted by your sound card. When you talk in to the mic, Discord should be hearing your converted Voidol voice.

For my setup, I have an old post explaining my mic and settings if you need more assistance. (Just the first part of the post about "My recording setup" is probably relevant.)

Please tell me if you got it working correctly or if you need screenshots/a better explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)