Real-time voice conversion software aimed at VTubers called "Voidol"

Nyanami

New Fan
Dec 23, 2019
Thanks for your help,

I tried your method with Audacity but as I didn't have the same settings as you (Sound Blaster & Stereo Mix) I came up with something else.
I used a virtual audio cable you can find and download here : VB-Audio Virtual Apps
I think you will have to restart your computer after downloading it.
With this you have 2 things : CABLE Input and CABLE Output.

By applying the output of Voidol as CABLE Input and the microphone of discord as CABLE Output, it works and does the voice conversion.
Moreover, you don't hear yourself talking, as you mentioned, it is pretty hard to speak while hearing yourself.

I don't have a real mic though, only a microphone on my headphone. Do you think there's a lot of difference between the two ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

😱
Apr 9, 2018
USA
I don't have a real mic though, only a microphone on my headphone. Do you think there's a lot of difference between the two ?
Sorry for replying really late, I somehow missed the notification. You are able to use any type of mic, it's just that Crimson Technology recommended that Voidol works best with a mic + audio box.

When I get time, I will definitely try out your method of using a virtual audio cable!

As a side note, Crimson Technology announced they are developing a VST version of Voidol (thank goodness, the current way to record is a bit inconvenient). It's a Steinberg VST. They will present it at The 2020 NAMM Show in America on the 16th-19th.
20191216VoidolVST_UI.jpg

I wonder if people who bought Voidol's standalone version will get the VST for free?

Also, they revealed in the article that CRIMMZOH is supposed to be a young boy.

frankensalad

Aspiring Fan
Feb 27, 2019
Once that VST version gets released, I'll probably buy it. I know that Cherry Pie sounds better (at least from the pre-release stuff we've heard, which I'm taking with a grain of salt) but the main reason I'm interested in this software is for providing voice overs for youtube videos without using my actual voice, and I don't want to use voices that are as recognizable as the Cryptonloids.

frankensalad

Aspiring Fan
Feb 27, 2019
VSTs can be loaded as either instruments or effects in a digital audio workstation. The VST version of Voidol would most likely be of the effect kind, meaning you would be able to make a recording of your voice, clean it up in your DAW, and THEN run it through Voidol for more appealing results. It would also be a lot easier to capture the results for a youtube video or something. The current normal version was designed with streaming in mind, so it was made as a standalone software that takes audio directly from your mic and converts it in real time so you can stream with an altered voice. Which is cool, but the results aren't as nice as they could be if you had the option to clean the vocals up before hand and record multiple takes, which would be preferable for youtube videos.

Reactions: uncreepy

Nyanami

New Fan
Dec 23, 2019
Ah I see, so the VST version is more for editing, like recording different sentences for youtube videos and the normal version is more for a live conversion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)