• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

(Resolved) Neutrino Editor help

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I wanted to test some of my VPR and Midi files in Neutrino's editor for fun, but every time I try, I get this error;

Convert MusicXML to label -> score\musicxml\*insert song title*
[ERROR] failed to load score from MusicXML file : score\musicxml\*insert song title*

I do not know what I did wrong since I converted it to the right format using Musescore.
Opening the editor and making your own notes still works and Neutrino does not have any errors when processing them. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Musescor gave me issues too so I use utaformatix instead. Try converting ur files through that:o
I have heard of that from the Neutrino guide. I will download it and see if that fixes it.

Also, make sure the file name doesn’t have any spaces in it. Neutrino does not like that. :clara_ani_lili:
I was choosing songs with spaces in them :clara_ani_lili:that is probably my problem. I will report back and see if either of these fix my issue.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Sorry to double post, but, I am back with my results;
Utaformatix does seem to work better then MuseScore. I will compare them later as Musescore is slightly more convenient. Edit: I tested the MuseScore version of the export and it worked after using the methods listed below. Musescore is more convenient, but if you are like me, and like others I presume, and do the VSQX/VPR/UST via V5's DAW or SynthV Studio's Daw so that your original or cover is in time with the instrumental, then Utaformatix is better as it retains the lyrics. You can always go back and look at your lyrics you wrote down, but I thought I might as well give my thoughts on which one is better.
The lyrics need to be in hiragana, not romaji, or else it will not work. I had a song with some of the lyrics in Hiragana and it would not work. When the other notes that had english were deleted it worked.
MuseScore exports does not seem to play if you do not input any words. They only have - on them. I wish the engine would automatically put a A or a U, but oh well.
Strangely, one of my VPRs, despite putting it through both Utaformatix and MuseScore, refused to work, even when I did work arounds. Perhaps I still made a mistake, or the engine just has a glitch. I am starting to suspect that long titles may affect it as well, as that VPR had a long title, whereas when I tested with another one and shortened it's name on the converted version, it worked.
Edit: I was correct about the title. I shortened it quite a bit and now it is working. I only did the first bit of the song in hiragana and deleted the rest because I am tired(I was suppose to nap before I decided to investigate this), so it could still have difficulty, but I doubt it.
If someone knows how to contact the creator of the Neutrino guide, could they pass this information to the creator? This could help make Neutrino's editor much easier to use if the information is more well-known. I also figured out how to input lyrics without moving the note, which I kept doing because I was used to how Vocaloid functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)