• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Rumors SynthV will make a Miku voicebank?

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
I've heard rumors SynthV which made the AI voice pattern software for the Recent Teto Voicebank is going to make one for Miku and the other vocaloids as well. Is this substantiated at all? Is it in the works? or has it just been proposed or is it completely baseless?

___

Oct 8, 2019
CFM assisted in coordinating and organizing the project, they're most likely helping TWINDRILL around because they're small scale company that need that kind of help and they have prior positive affiliation with CFM.

As of right now people give the possibility bigger weight due to their association with the project but that's just all theories and nothing's been confirmed, nothing is confirmed to be in the works.

People are just excited about SVS Teto and in that excitement theorize about other potential voices, but that's it.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
So far, it's just a possibility thrown around on here and some other corners of the fandom, based on Crypton helping Twindrill with Teto SynthV. I mentioned it too on a profile post.

As far as the fandom is aware, Crypton is still trying to make NT work, but they haven't released a progress update in ages now, which is why some people (including myself) were wondering if they were planning to move their characters back to Vocaloid or onto SynthV.

Reactions: InstallGentoo

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Just some clarification on the language.

SynthV: A synthesis engine created by Dreamtonics.
Kasane Teto SV: A product published by AHS for the SynthesizerV engine and developed by TWINDRILL, with administrative assistance from Crypton Future Media, the company that owns and creates Hatsune Miku.

SynthV itself is a software product, not a business. Companies create voicebanks for SynthV.

Basically completely baseless.

I still think the chances of SynthesizerV getting Hatsune Miku anytime soon are one in a billion. The stakes are just so high.

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
SynthV: A synthesis engine created by Dreamtonics.
Kasane Teto SV: A product published by AHS for the SynthesizerV engine and developed by TWINDRILL, with administrative assistance from Crypton Future Media, the company that owns and creates Hatsune Miku.
Thank you for the clarification. I guess I was really clueless when I asked that question. What else has AHS or twindrill worked on? what's their domain, and why did they need admin assistance for a utau?

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
No problem. Asking questions is all good! I'm glad you asked!

TWINDRILL is the doujin circle responsible for creating and distributing the various free resources attributed to the Kasane Teto character, including the UTAU voicebanks. It is a company, but a small group of a people (I think like 4 or 5) that have been working on the project mostly since its inception.
The character rights of Kasane Teto were adopted into the "Piapro characters" group through Crypton Future Media. This has resulted in character licensing creating official Kasane Teto merchandise and her inclusion in SEGA's Project DIVA games. Crypton Future Media has handled that licensing.
This is all to say that prior to Kasane Teto SV, all of the Kasane Teto works carried out by TWINDRILL were effectively on the level of "fan creations" even though they are official for Teto. Creating a product for SynthesizerV is a bit different.

AHS is a company that has developed and released VOCALOID, Voiceroid, and SynthesizerV products. A lot of these were independently produced and published by them. Others are solely published by them. In some cases, the products are developed by AHS *and* the supervision of another entity, such as in this case-- between AHS and TWINDRILL, for Kasane Teto. Another example of this would be the SynthesizerV version of Kyomachi Seika, which was produced between AHS and Seika Town.

We don't know the precise details, but it would be reasonable to guess that Crypton Future Media was responsible for establishing the relationship between AHS and Twindrill, or at the very least is collaborating on the business side of the logistics of licensing a character that they have partial stake in, from a legal perspective.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Crypton has their hands in a lot of pies, too. They also work with Hololive, for example, likely lending their expertise on projection concerts and motion capture. And they own Sonicwire and distribute a bunch of non-vocal synth products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)