• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SHINKALION 2020 Miku Hatsune Figure Defect?

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Anyone else who owns this figure confused about the hair pegs? They're not even long enough to hold the hair and one of them is not even attached to the base. The hair itself is really heavy so it would need the support. The figure itself is very stable feels high quality but I can see the hair drooping a bit over time.
20210301_204243.jpg20210301_210148.jpg20210301_210247.jpg
I'm just confused. Did I get a defective one or was it designed that way? Its not very aesthetically pleasing but makes a funny addition to my collection tho :ROFL:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Leon

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Ah, Sega's infamous hair supports. I don't have this exact figure, but some other Sega figures have their moments with them. Like in your case some are slightly too short to actually support the hair. I have one Sega figure with a similar issue, but I can't remember which one.

Looking at pictures of the same figure, it seems she is really supposed to have only one hair support piece. And the other one seems to be too short in many. There were some pictures of this figure with correct-length supports.
For example:

Unfortunately prize figures have irregularities like this, they are after all crane game prizes that arcades buy in cheap (like 500-800 yen a piece), so there are sometimes issues with quality (although generally prizes these days are really good in terms of quality vs cost).

In your case I wouldn't worry too much about the hair possibly getting drooped over time. Again, I don't have this figure myself, but Sega figures are im general very sturdy, hair pieces included. Some old Sega prizes I have, have even more massive hair pieces and no supports ro begin with. The weakest point are the pegs on the twintails that slot in the holes in her head, but from my experience Sega makes them quite strong.

• Wow
Reactions: Ronny777 and Leon

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Ah, Sega's infamous hair supports. I don't have this exact figure, but some other Sega figures have their moments with them. Like in your case some are slightly too short to actually support the hair. I have one Sega figure with a similar issue, but I can't remember which one.
At least I know for future figures that its somthing that might happen. I was just just caught off guard by how comically useless they were. Especially the one that 2 1/2 cm too short. I'm just surprised I've not had similar problems considering I have 11 other Miku's with hair supports. Although, I did also have a slight problem with the 2019 SPM Christmas Miku supports as well. One of them fits perfectly and the other is too snug. Oh, and I can't forget the "Miku with you 2018". The metal support just goes through the base. Every time i pick her up when I'm dusting it falls right out. For how expensive she is you would think they would have designed it better.
20210226_081200.jpg

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I usually solve problems like this by taking a Dremel (rotary tool) and drilling a 1 mm hole in the plug and in the socket of the piece. Then I cut a length of a large paper clip (or other stiff wire) and stick it in the plug hole. Dry-fit the pieces together to make sure the length of wire isn't too long or short. If the fit is snug enough you can leave it at that. Otherwise glue it in with super glue (cyanoacrylate adhesive).

Some things are just poorly design or have factory defects. Other things are design to come apart easily in specific ways. They are designed to fall apart rather than break apart.

Reactions: Ronny777 and Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)