• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[SOLVED!] Help setting up Miku V4X Trial

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I didn't see a place to put a code in for Studio One but atleast I have PiaPro working in Reaper. I still have the entire original file for the trial.
I'm legit one error away from Miku. I think.
EDIT: Re-installed PiaPro but it just emptied the Crypton folder again. I don't think I can use the file sent to me by Peaches since I need it at 64 bit it seems to correlate with Reaper's 64 bit.
EDIT 2: Back to Error E02. :mikoto_lili:
At the top of Studio One, there's a "Studio One" option on the menu. Click it, and below that there is an option that says "Studio One Activation." If you received a product key, it should go in there.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and that seems to have gotten PiaPro to launch again. Still, can't use it. Same error, PiaPro gets 'turned off' by the host program.
Piapro will give an error message like that if you click away from it while it's still visible on the screen. Like, if Piapro is a window that doesn't fill the screen, and you have a document with lyrics in it next to it--if you click into the lyrics document, Piapro will lose the "focus" and will display that message. But once you click back into Piapro, that message will go away, and you should be able to keep working in it normally.

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Okay, so last night I had thought of what if your problem was somewhat similar to what has happened to me. I couldn't use Piapro Studio for like a year in Studio One because I had moved the files of Piapro Studio to another folder, so Studio One couldn't find it anymore (and since I don't have the Pro version I couldn't have it scan the new folder where I had it, or did it accepted it when I put a copy file in the original file.) The solution for me was

I assume that Cakewalk is another DAW. In that case, that file is probably the Problem. Studio One only recognises VSTis in the default directory, where the file is no longer located. If you cannot or do not want to move it back, you can change the directory where Studio One searches for VSTis by changing the corresponding Key in the registry
Press the Windows button + R and type in regedit . When running the program, you will be greeted by a ginormous folder structure
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > PreSonus > Studio One 4
Rightclick on that data entry, press change, and change the filepath under „value“ to wherever that file is

Wait, no
It’s not under presonus, but under VST
Change this

-- Source Discord: CdrSonan
But I don't think you should really try this yet since you have the trial one. :kyo_ani_lili:

For Reaper did you moved the folder of Piapro Studio (the .dll and all files?) from it's original location instead of making a copy of Piapro Studio and putting it in a new folder that you can call Vsts folder, did you run the Piapro Studio Installer as an administrator?

I'll try to look around some more to find any more solution, but if you like you can try out FL Studio trial even if you can't save in FL Studio. I like using it sometimes instead of Studio One 3. :kiyoterunatural_lili:

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
For Mobius: I am in PiaPro's fullscreen (not full fullscreen but the fullscreen window size) window at all times, still shows the message.
For Green: I haven't moved the file itself, I instead made a copy of the file inside the Crypton folder and put it in the Vstplugins folder. Should I move the folder from the Crypton folder to the Vstplugins folder, emptying the Crypton folder-? And I didn't run the installer as an administrator, though it did ask for access or something.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
For Mobius: I am in PiaPro's fullscreen (not full fullscreen but the fullscreen window size) window at all times, still shows the message.
Can you see other things on the screen at the same time as you have Piapro open? If you can, and you click into one of the other things/away from Piapro, you will see the message. If you click back into Piapro, the message should go away, and you should be able to work with it normally. Is that the case? (Hope it is; if not...unfortunately no idea :( . )

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
Unfortunately that is not my case. I load into PiaPro, and as soon as it loads up, it gives the message. I'm in the program, as I can click on things in it.
So um, yeah. Someone messaged me about a possible solution so I'll try that and if all else fails, looks like no Miku for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)