• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Taiko No Tatsujin is being released in the west with all it's songs intact (i.e. the vocaloid ones)

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Me and my boyfriend love the Taiko games, so we're definitely getting the Switch version. I hope it's not as dumbed down as the PS2 localisation though (I swear I'm not a weeaboo complaning about the lack of Japanese music, but the OST was pretty dire for that game).

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i was SOOO excited to hear about this releasing, ive played the arcade game once and LOVED it so i was always hoping to play it more. do we know what vocaloid songs are in it? or is the song list going to be different from the japanese releases?

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
i was SOOO excited to hear about this releasing, ive played the arcade game once and LOVED it so i was always hoping to play it more. do we know what vocaloid songs are in it? or is the song list going to be different from the japanese releases?
We know that there's 3 Gumi songs in the base Switch version All Songs For Taiko No Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version | NintendoSoup

The base PS4 one has 2 Miku songs, 1 Rin song & 1 IA song with 1 Miku DLC pack that adds 3 Miku songs for the japanese version Taiko Time: Taiko no Tatsujin: Session de Dodon ga Don! song list

Last edited:

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
dang! i hope they announce a vocaloid dlc for ps4 too.
also, it would be nice if they had compatibility for the drum despite it being digital (assuming there isn't compatibility). it would be something i'd at least consider buying separately ^^

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Apparently the switch version gets a physical release including a bundle with the drum in europe
(I FEEL SPECIAL NOW. No jk but normally it's the other way around. well even if USA doesn't get a switch version, the switch is friendly for importing I heard)

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
The Switch version has a demo version in the eShop. It only has two available songs to try (FURIFURI NORINORI, Overture from 'Orpheus in the Underworld') but it's a good little way to see how it plays.

Personally I feel the controls are a bit too sensitive so I seem to screw up my hits but that's probably something I'll get used to. And if you're unsure you can properly swing the remotes in motion control mode there's a character you can pick which means no matter which way you swing the controllers it counts as the correct type of hit. Then all you need to do is hit the notes on time.

I'm definitely still getting it 'cos this is a lot of fun even with two songs.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've been playing since both came out yesterday and I've been having the time of my liiiife.
It's not something I can play for a long time since the speed of the notes kind of makes it hard to focus, though that may just be me. But it's a super fun game! I'm so glad I can finally play them.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I've been playing since both came out yesterday and I've been having the time of my liiiife.
It's not something I can play for a long time since the speed of the notes kind of makes it hard to focus, though that may just be me. But it's a super fun game! I'm so glad I can finally play them.
I've played the DS and PSP versions, and the note speed is a nightmare in harder modes, especially if you're trying to get perfects in songs. (It's pretty similar to Project DIVA in that if you're trying to get a perfect in a chart, you can't miss any notes whatosever. Needless to say, Oni difficulty lives up to its name.)

Did you get the drum controller? I haven't seen the game at my local retailers yet.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Did you get the drum controller? I haven't seen the game at my local retailers yet.
I decided against getting the peripheral and I've had no issues! I still kinda mess up 'cos switching between "don" and "ka" notes messes me up but you get the hang of it eventually. I feel the Switch's motion control method is easier but you gotta put some power behind the swing since I can't seem to get it to register my normal swings. And if you bounce back from the swing too soon it (for me) registers it as another note and can sometimes mess up my combos.

Nothing that's the end of the world, though. You can switch to the button mode like PS4 if it's not your kinda thing.

PS4 is also digital only, and I'm unsure about the Switch. I know Europe got the drum but I dunno about elsewhere and their physical versions.

I decided against getting the peripheral and I've had no issues! I still kinda mess up 'cos switching between "don" and "ka" notes messes me up but you get the hang of it eventually. I feel the Switch's motion control method is easier but you gotta put some power behind the swing since I can't seem to get it to register my normal swings. And if you bounce back from the swing too soon it (for me) registers it as another note and can sometimes mess up my combos.

Nothing that's the end of the world, though. You can switch to the button mode like PS4 if it's not your kinda thing.

PS4 is also digital only, and I'm unsure about the Switch. I know Europe got the drum but I dunno about elsewhere and their physical versions.
I have actually been playing the demo version since it came out in the Japanese eShop.
The motion control doesn't work well for me. There is such a big input lag that I even liked Donkey Konga on the GameCube better.
Although I consider myself a good rhythm gamer since I perfected many Extremes in the Project DIVA games, I just can't live without drums in Taiko and other drum games.
Guess I will have to ask around at GameStop and some Discords.

last

New Fan
Jul 14, 2018
I'm really enjoying the touch mode on the Switch. It's surprisingly comfortable if I prop the Switch up on a desk and rest my elbows on a chair. Extreme songs that are 7+ stars are definitely fatiguing though.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
A second Vocaloid DLC pack is coming to the Switch version and will include the following songs:

-Dance Robot Dance -Nayutan Seijin feat. Hatsune Miku
-Rokuchounen to Ichiya Monogatari -kemu feat. IA
-Happy Synthesizer -Easypop
-Wanya World -feat. Kagamine Rin & Len starring Shimoda Asami
-Mirai feat. Mirai Komachi

+Mirai Komachi also appears as a character in the game.
Vocaloid Song Pack Vol.2 will be available for the Japanese version from March 7th, and costs 500 yen + tax.

Edit: It will be available in the western version too on the same day.

Last edited:
Reactions: last

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)