• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.
The Ultimate Synthesizer V Phoneme Chart

SynthV The Ultimate Synthesizer V Phoneme Chart

No permission to download

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
uncreepy submitted a new resource:

The Ultimate Synthesizer V Phoneme Chart - Color-coded chart that cleanly arranges special characters, vowels, and consonants

Please click "DOWNLOAD" on the upper right corner to get the spreadsheet!

In Synthesizer V, you can see the list of ARPABET phonemes by going View > Open Phoneme Viewer, but I don't like how it's organized (it's in alphabetical order and it's hard to tell consonants vs vowels apart quickly).

So, I made a color-coded chart that cleanly arranges special characters, vowels, and consonants so you can find what you're looking for fast.

In addition to being categorized by sounds (ex: all...
Read more about this resource...

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
but I don't like how it's organized (it's in alphabetical order and it's hard to tell consonants vs vowels apart quickly).
If you click the "category" header in the Phoneme Viewer, it will reorder the entries according to vowel and consonant types. Similarly, clicking the "examples" header will also reorder the entries. Clicking either a second time will invert the order.

Reactions: peaches2217

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@uncreepy: That discussion with Rolo in the General Discussion thread made me think--if you don't mind sharing, how did you go about relating the arpabet and X-SAMPA to each other? It'd be cool to know how to do that, in case people needed to for phonemes that are outside English.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thank you! Wow, that's a lot of work; I'd hoped there might have been an easier way to correlate the different symbols that would have made making the chart easier.

FYI, the link to the V5 manual goes to the Cambridge dictionary; here's a link to the V5 manual, with X-SAMPA phonemes/examples starting on page 64. It's kind of a great resource, since it has the phonemes for a bunch of languages, including Japanese, English, Spanish, Korean, and Chinese.

Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Woops, I copied and pasted wrong for that one (edited my post), thanks for pointing out the page number and what that section includes!

Reactions: mobius017

ken123

New Fan
Jul 7, 2021
Does anyone know if someone has developed a script to export phoneme timings ? Like the UST file only with phoneme start and duration ? For lypsync.

Kōyō

New Fan
Jun 7, 2022
Breath sounds are not on this spreadsheet. To know how they work, watch this video:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)