• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Utau has no sound?

DionysusFrost

New Fan
Apr 3, 2021
So I'm kind of new to UTAU but um I keep trying to use mine and whenever i try to play the songs on it, it just won't do the audio for it. I'm brand new to this forum but I have no clue how to get the sound on my UTAU working. he's aliased in Japanese and romajji but the letters just dont show up though everything else does. It just won't play sound. No UTAU on my compute will and i've been trying to figure this software for years but I just can't get it to work. Any ideas? Sorry for this being my second post I just really want to jump into the second brink of things and use my UTAU again! ^^;

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
By letters not showing up, do you mean Japanese characters? If you haven't, you'll need to change your computer's locale to Japan which will enable it to display Japanese characters on your screen. Since UTAU basically solely works with that, even if you have the English translated version of the program, it won't work if your locale isn't set to Japan. You'll have to uninstall and reinstall UTAU after you've changed the locale, but it should work after that!

DionysusFrost

New Fan
Apr 3, 2021
By letters not showing up, do you mean Japanese characters? If you haven't, you'll need to change your computer's locale to Japan which will enable it to display Japanese characters on your screen. Since UTAU basically solely works with that, even if you have the English translated version of the program, it won't work if your locale isn't set to Japan. You'll have to uninstall and reinstall UTAU after you've changed the locale, but it should work after that!
I've done that and it still won't work! I have this issue with romaji too even tho the bank is also aliased in romaji!

___

Oct 8, 2019
Trust me this is relevant to the conversation haha but are you european or american? If european theres another setting u gotta change.

Jun 18, 2021
Greece
www.youtube.com
I THINK I CAN HELP YOU!
For some reason any voicebank i downloaded didn't made any sound, so i thought the program was broken...
until after so many years, i found out the program needed 2 plugins to work -.-

autoCVVC2.002 OR Lyric Dyphonizer (Both worked for me) and Romaji to Hiragana plugin.
download them and select all the notes and first do the Romaji to Hiragana plugin and second do the autoCVVC2.002 plugin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)