• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Resource UTAU Pitchbends ---> Vocaloid 4 Pitch Bends

Sep 21, 2019
I finally figured out how to copy UTAU tuning into V4 and Piapro without having to redo it all manually, so I've decided to write this tutorial to help others who have been trying to do the same! It's not a very difficult process, unlike what I thought. Just follow the instructions below and it should work!

(I'll add in pictures later, if need be. I wanted to go ahead an post this since I had it all written out already.)
  1. Open up the UST you want to import into Vocaloid (this should work for any version of the Vocaloid editor).
  2. Ctrl+A to select all notes
  3. Click where it says "trace"
  4. Click where it says "render"
  5. Switch to mode 1 (click where it says mode 2 to switch into mode 1)
  6. Export the UST as an MIDI (do NOT save it as a VSQ - saving it as a VSQ gets rid of the pitchbends!)
    1. Export the UST as a VSQ* (we do this so we have the phonetics. If you're converting an English UST, or another language that requires a lot of note editing, you can probably skip this step.)
  7. Import your midi into Vocaloid
    1. Import the VSQ*
    2. Before you do anything else, ctrl+A to select all the notes in the VSQ you imported, then enter into phoneme editing mode (If you're using Piapro Studio, you can just double click the notes after you select them),
    3. Copy the phonemes and open the track containing the MIDI, then enter phoneme editing mode.
    4. Paste in the phonemes
  8. Open the pitchbend parameter and you should see where the pitchbends have already been drawn in!
    1. If you don't see the pitchbends, check that you followed steps 1-8 correctly.
Worth noting that the pitchbends will most likely be a bit wonky upon import and it won't sound good "right out of the box", so editing the pitchbends is strongly recommended over plugging and playing.

If you have any further questions, please leave a reply on this thread!

*As noted below by @patuk , VSQ import doesn't work in V5, due to V5's inability to read VSQs.

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
Tried this with V5! It works there too, it recognizes the pitchbends but since vsqs aren't compatible with the editor you gotta type in the phonetics manually. But everything up to step 6 can be applied to V5 too.

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
When you click render in UTAU does it also fuck up some pitchbends for you?? Or is it just me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)