• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocamerica 2018

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I personally like the ideas of utau/other synths being included, but I feel like it should be limited one or two original utau songs the entire concert, with only western made utaus that can sing in english. If they're multilingual, it's fine to include their other languages, but using a japanese song for an english concert seems a little bizarre to me.
That's true! I think if we just get all the other Engloids, I'll be able to swallow my dislike for the Utaus being included. I'm just not a huge fan of Utau, I've never seen the appeal of it. I always saw it like an Us vs Them sort of thing, lol. So I've got some implicit bias because I'm all "Vocaloid is clearly superior", but there are a lot of good things done with Utau.

If they're going to keep one or two for the concert even after giving us the plethora of promised Engloids, I'd hope they're going to add in some English songs. It's sorta odd to see them singing and dancing to someone else's song, not to mention songs that have motion data that's vastly superior to the motion data for the concert songs. It's striking to see the shift in quality and it's part of why my opinion of Vocamerica's dropped so much. You see this cleaner, better dancing for these other songs and it's awkward to watch the English dances because of how different they are in quality.

I think though, that's why Circus made that one song with Aiko recently. I'm sure it was made with the intent to add it to the concert so Aiko had an original, but we'll see. If anything I'd prefer they keep Namida instead of Aiko and give her an English original, because I just like her design better. She's much cuter and more unique than Aiko is.

I don't know about adding more, I'd really just prefer they stick to the Engloids, since that was the main purpose of the concert to begin with, but that's just me. If they do add Utaus I hope they'll be sparse, and well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)