• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocarnival news + discussion

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
1641068955192.png

This thread talks about a fan-made, non-profit event called Vocarnival, run by Vocasphere. Created in 2020 after the creators of Vocafest were no longer interested in the celebrations, Vocarnival continues to celebrate the love of vocal synths (mostly those that are underappreciated and underused). There are 3 ways people can participate: song events, which features whatever vocal synth is being celebrated (it allows both original and covers), an art zine where people can contribute their art, and a charm contest where people can submit their original pieces for a chance to become an actual charm. Each vocal synth featured in the event will have a special design for the event.

Past events:
:ruby_lili: Ruby Gala (10/7/20), created for Ruby's 5th birthday :ruby_ani_lili:
:dex_lili: Dex & Daina Bash (11/20/20), created for Dex & Daina's 5th birthday :daina_lili:
:piko_lili: Piko Palooza (12/8/20), created for Utatane Piko's 10th birthday :piko_ani_lili:
:seeu_lili: SeeUBration (10/21/21), created for SeeU's 10th anniversary :seeu_ani_lili:
:oliver_lili: Oliversary (12/21/21), created for Oliver's 10th birthday :oliver_rylitah:

:cul_lili: FestiCUL (12/22/21), created for CUL's 10th birthday :cul_smile_lili:

Links:
Linktree
Discord
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
Instagram

Last edited:

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
I'm going to predict who will have an event in 2022. These are the ones who will most likely not get an official birthday this year and will have a Vocarnival event, so I'm predicting which ones would be the likely case. Here's each one who will and will not get an event:

:sweetann_lili: - Definitely. She hasn't even gotten an upgrade in a while, so I'm pretty sure Sweet Ann will get an event. I'm thinking of an event called "Sweet ANNiversary" which will take place on June 29th, 15 years since her release.
:lapis_lili: - I'm not really sure about this one, but considering how she has not gotten an upgrade in a while, she could be a case here. But the reason that I'm not sure is because her birthday is in 74 days at the time this reply was added. So there may not be an event.
:galaco_lili: - Most likely. I really think Galaco will have one on August 5th if I'm right. Although she might not have a lot of attention.
:mayu_lili: - Also a most likely case for her. She's really underrated, so maybe there could be some people who would participate in Mayu's event
:avanna_lili: - I really think so as well. She will get an event on the same day as FestiCUL since she was released on the same day as CUL and a few others. Maybe something in the lines of "Avannaversary"
:uni_lili: - Her birthday is coming soon...she's not going to have one.
:nemu_lili: - Although I would like an event that involves her, her birthday is also also coming soon. So it's too late.
:azuki_lili: and :matcha_lili: - They might not get the attention.
:lumi_lili: - A lot of people in the community for some reason don't really depend on the newer Vocaloids...I'm not sure about LUMi, but I have a feeling she's really underrated.

I didn't put Miku and the Kagamines in because obviously their company has official celebrations for them each year. I also didn't put IA because she's going to have one by her company even though she switched to a different engine.

So here are my predictions: The ones who will be getting an event are: Sweet ANN, Mayu, and Avanna. (and maybe Galaco to a certain extent)

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Yeah because they remain quite popular (and for galaco, it's jsut too easy to make different events name with hers like GALACo., GalaCollab, etc :tongue: )

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Just to add in here, because of some changes with shipping services/fees, and also in how PayPal is handling income, it's becoming more and more difficult to keep running Vocarnival. Until prices drop again, I believe a pause has been put on future events, sadly.

(I am not the runner of Vocarnival, but am a friend of the person behind it. It's been very stressful this past year)

Reactions: WyndReed

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
Just to add in here, because of some changes with shipping services/fees, and also in how PayPal is handling income, it's becoming more and more difficult to keep running Vocarnival. Until prices drop again, I believe a pause has been put on future events, sadly.

(I am not the runner of Vocarnival, but am a friend of the person behind it. It's been very stressful this past year)
Yeah...there might be a pause.

Also I'm pretty sure you designed one of the SeeU charms and you also made an art piece for Dex + Daina bash

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
Lapis' birthday has been passed.

The last time it was active was on March 7. We don't know about these predictions...but it's possible that there might not be events this year, or theres a hiatus going on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)