• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Voice banks you regret getting

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
What are some of the voice banks you were disappointed with or regret purchasing. For me it would has to be the v5 English starter pack. I was hoping for something like the cybers but was very disappointed by tone and easy of use

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
What are some of the voice banks you were disappointed with or regret purchasing. For me it would has to be the v5 English starter pack. I was hoping for something like the cybers but was very disappointed by tone and easy of use
I don’t exactly regret getting the voicebanks I have, I just have some vbs that I don’t use as much as others (like Yohioloid and Macne Nana) because I don’t know what songs would suit them. My main issue is that I usually buy voicebanks based off of the quality of other people’s usage of them and don’t try them out before getting them. I think it can be fun (also annoying) to try correcting pronunciation issues and stuff, but if I dislike the standard tone quality of the voice then I would regret getting it. For example, I like Macne Nana’s petite vb, but it cuts notes short at the ends of phrases. This can sort of be corrected by XSYing with her natural vb, but the tone quality of the natural vb is more nasally which isn’t really my cup of tea. I’m sure increasing breathiness would help, but even so, I’m not sure where I would use her voice so that the breathiness would sound good. It basically just requires more experimentation on my part and figuring out what genre of music fits her voice. (Apologies for the rambling)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I sort of? regret getting Luka V4X because I just don't have the skills to make her sound good. I'm glad I have her, sure, but I do wish I'd waited for her Piapro release.

In my defense, it wasn't until I joined this forum, months after I got Luka, that I actually learned about Crypton breaking off, but still.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I sort of? regret getting Luka V4X because I just don't have the skills to make her sound good. I'm glad I have her, sure, but I do wish I'd waited for her Piapro release.

In my defense, it wasn't until I joined this forum, months after I got Luka, that I actually learned about Crypton breaking off, but still.

I'm super excited about the new piapro and cherry pie but at least you get upgrade prices

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019

I agree with you there. I got Miku V4x last Christmas before Crypton announced they were breaking off. The one upside I see to having the older voicebanks is that they will probably sound different from the Piapro ones, so it isn’t a total loss because you’ll be able to get different sounds from Vocaloid Luka and Piapro Luka and maybe use them together to improve her range/versatility.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Also crypton takes forever to upgrade their characters other than Miku so you'll have probably a while before Luka piapro is a thing

Reactions: Älfa Dröttning

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Also crypton takes forever to upgrade their characters other than Miku so you'll have probably a while before Luka piapro is a thing
Actually, they have been working on the updated vocals for all Cryptonloids for the last 2ish years (they initially started with Kaito), and they are supposed to be ready for sale next year. So it won't be like before were they worked on them one at a time. The prices will be announced this month or next month (not sure which). Luka has already sang with her updated voice at the Kawasaki Jazz event, though they never released free footage so people who didn't go could hear/see it. The only Cryptonloids we haven't (surprisingly) heard yet are the Kagamines (to my knowledge), but Rin is supposed to perform at Miku Symphony, which always includes a speaking segment, so we will definitely hear her then. I think the voices themselves have been finished for quite some time, but the thing slowing them down is the engine itself, which seems to still be receiving tweaks based on Ryo_Jerky's tweets.

That aside, for my voice bank regret, I had a period where I regretted buying Cyber Songman. I bought him right before V5 came out, he was listed as one of the voices they were discontinuing. So I bought him just in case he was REALLY going to disappear. When I found out he had gotten a V5, I was actually very angry. I felt tricked that my Songman was the inferior version to this new one. Everyone kept trying to console me that it probably wasn't that big of a deal, but I actually sent an angry letter to Yamaha demanding to know the difference between the versions. XD;;; After a few months, I realized that I might have made a good decision, because since my Songman is a V4loid, I can use him in Vocaloid Editor 4 AND Vocaloid Editor 5. If I had Cyber Songman V5, I wouldn't be able to use him in the much quicker/easier to use Vocaloid Editor 4.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Do you have a link them in the new engine I would love to hear meiko
Actually, they have been working on the updated vocals for all Cryptonloids for the last 2ish years (they initially started with Kaito), and they are supposed to be ready for sale next year. So it won't be like before were they worked on them one at a time. The prices will be announced this month or next month (not sure which). Luka has already sang with her updated voice at the Kawasaki Jazz event, though they never released free footage so people who didn't go could hear/see it. The only Cryptonloids we haven't (surprisingly) heard yet are the Kagamines (to my knowledge), but Rin is supposed to perform at Miku Symphony, which always includes a speaking segment, so we will definitely hear her then. I think the voices themselves have been finished for quite some time, but the thing slowing them down is the engine itself, which seems to still be receiving tweaks based on Ryo_Jerky's tweets.

That aside, for my voice bank regret, I had a period where I regretted buying Cyber Songman. I bought him right before V5 came out, he was listed as one of the voices they were discontinuing. So I bought him just in case he was REALLY going to disappear. When I found out he had gotten a V5, I was actually very angry. I felt tricked that my Songman was the inferior version to this new one. Everyone kept trying to console me that it probably wasn't that big of a deal, but I actually sent an angry letter to Yamaha demanding to know the difference between the versions. XD;;; After a few months, I realized that I might have made a good decision, because since my Songman is a V4loid, I can use him in Vocaloid Editor 4 AND Vocaloid Editor 5. If I had Cyber Songman V5, I wouldn't be able to use him in the much quicker/easier to use Vocaloid Editor 4.

Also v4 is basically the same as v5 and v4 is a way more stable engine

Reactions: peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
Also v4 is basically the same as v5 and v4 is a way more stable engine
Did you mean V4 and V5 Songman are the same or that V4 and V5 are basically the same engine? The former is true but the latter is false.

You most likely meant the voicebanks but I just don't wanna there to be more misinformation accidentally being spread, someone could take what you said the wrong way. Sorry, just making sure ^^

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Voicebank of course vocaloid 4 and vocaloid 5 are extremely different engines
Did you mean V4 and V5 Songman are the same or that V4 and V5 are basically the same engine? The former is true but the latter is false.

You most likely meant the voicebanks but I just don't wanna there to be more misinformation accidentally being spread, someone could take what you said the wrong way. Sorry, just making sure ^^

Reactions: peaches2217 and ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)