• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOICEROID2 Locale Patch "Nodoame"

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
Uploaded the new patch for Gynoid Talk Flower, although I prefer to use all these voices in VOICEROID2.

Reactions: rinamy

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@rinamy I don't wanna derail the thread too much, but the 登録 (register) button doesn't turn black/clickable unless you actually change an accent mark. If you type a word and don't change anything, it's stuck at grey. Try moving one of the dots up/down and it should make the register button clickable.

If you need help, feel free to PM me.

ortext

New Fan
Aug 5, 2020
I hope someone also can help me, i am encountering the same problems too, they keep saying i need to run on a japanese OS,or locale. Am using the Voiceroid, Tohoku Kiritan EX

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@ortext For EX, your Windows environment HAS to be in Japanese every time you use it. If you own any Voiceroid 2 character, you can register on AHS's site to get access to an import file so that you can import your EX Kiritan into it, then you won't have the region problem anymore because the software isn't as strict about locale.

Anyway, for Windows, you have to go to:
Settings >
Time & Language >
Start setting each of the following one by one and testing if Voiceroid EX starts working:
Language: + Add a preferred language > Install the Japanese/日本語 language pack if it's not already (this is for Japanese IME)
Region: Country or region = Japan (Tells it your location is Japan) / Regional format = Japan (this makes your calendar in Japanese, I had a real problem with Voiceroid EX not working until I changed my calendar)
You might also have to go to Date & time and change the Time zone to Japan (UTC +9:00 for Osaka), but I can't remember.
Please let us know if this solves your problem or not.

Edit: Yeah, I know this is a thread for the locale patch, but I'm just explaining in general how the EX works, you'll have to ask @Ulysses for help specifically with the patch.
:ring_ani_lili:

ortext

New Fan
Aug 5, 2020
Ahh thank you very much for replying uncreepy~! ^^ i will take note of those steps and try them out! And if not i would contact Ulysses for it! ^^

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
@ortext
@uncreepy has explained most things. You can change your system locale to Japanese to use Voiceroid EX.
But even if you are using Voiceroid 2 with Kiritan EX imported, if you don't set your system locale to Japanese, you still cannot use the voice in V2. My locale patch can help you in that case.

There is no plan for me to make patches for V+EX. I had a feeling that someone else must have made such locale patch for V1 or V+EX.
I'd recommend everyone who is still using Voiceroid EX switching to Voiceroid 2 (go to AHS site and get an V2 import program with your Kiritan EX serial number, follow @uncreepy 's instructions).
If you have trouble in getting that import program, I can send you a copy (but make sure you have Voiceroid 2 installed first, and you still need to enter your Kiritan SN to activate it in V2).

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)