• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOICEROID2 Locale Patch "Nodoame"

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
(If this topic is not allowed here, just delete this thread and I'm sorry)

VOICEROID2 Locale Patch "Nodoame"
V2.0.4.0-2.1.1.0 (Codename: VOICe.SFE.Nodoame)
by Ulysses
Released under
CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

Well, IDK if anyone here cares about this. I just release it because I've made it.

This is NOT a cr**k patch! It only fixes the locale issue for V2 and makes it run on any locale of Windows rather than JP only. You can use it on a legal copy or a trial version of VOICEROID2.

And it only works on V2 with the EXACTLY SAME version number (you have to update if you're still using 2.0.1.0).

For example:
V2.1.0.0 patch can not be used on VOICEROID2 V2.0.5.0, or Gynoid Talk. It only works when you have VOICEROID2 V2.1.0.0.
V2.0.5.0 patch can not be used on VOICEROID2 V2.1.0.0. It only works when you have VOICEROID2 V2.0.5.0. (Someone told me it also works for Gynoid Talk Meikas)

About the locale issue:
V2 has an obvious coding mistake, which makes it JP locale only. (IDK it's intentional or not.) You can run the program in other locales but the synth won't work. Usually you have to change your system locale but that will bring many other troubles.
With this patch, the problem should be solved... I didn't test on different locales though.

The only thing this patch does is fixing the locale issue. It won't steal your VB's serials (I don't need that actually) or mining BTCs etc. (If you have tried my works before, you should have believed that.) If it helps, you can check the readme to see if you'd like to help me. Thanks.

20180213: Initial Release for v2.0.1.0 (Have bugs, deprecated)
20180509: Release v2.0.4.0
20180728: Release v2.0.5.0
20200227: Release v2.1.0.0
20200413: Release v1.0.0.0 patch for Gynoid Talk Flower
20201011: Release v2.1.1.0 (both x86 and x64 are supported)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, this is cool! I don't need it personally since I'm fine with having changed everything and can already run V2 (+V1) without issue, but I'll direct anyone else I see in the future who may need it or who doesn't want to change locale here.

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
Oh, this is cool! I don't need it personally since I'm fine with having changed everything and can already run V2 (+V1) without issue, but I'll direct anyone else I see in the future who may need it or who doesn't want to change locale here.
The JP locale (with SHIFT-JIS encoding) is a disaster. It's hard to use JP locale's softwares from other locales, and it's also hard to use some other locales' softwares from JP locale. (Windows should only keep UTF-8 locale in the future.)
Sadly, many programmers in JP are too myopic to see that.

Last edited:
Reactions: kozet

yume94

New Fan
Jun 29, 2018
Life saver! I've contacted AHS support a couple of times, but they ended up saying that I NEED a Japanese Windows OS to run this program. This little file changed everything. I still have some errors when starting the program, but it's finally working properly! Thank you so much!

Reactions: Ulysses

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
Life saver! I've contacted AHS support a couple of times, but they ended up saying that I NEED a Japanese Windows OS to run this program. This little file changed everything. I still have some errors when starting the program, but it's finally working properly! Thank you so much!
Yeah, I'm glad you like it (〃'▽'〃)
If you always faced some errors when starting the program (not caused by my patch) and you don't have any important settings, you can try to clear your settings to avoid them.

WARNING: You will lose some of your settings when trying this.

To avoid "Pause mark dictionary" error:
Go to "My Documents" and delete "VOICEROID2" folder.

To avoid "XML document (0,0)" error:
Go to "C:\Users\{YourUserName}\AppData\Local\AHS\VOICEROID\2.0\" and delete "Standard.settings".

yume94

New Fan
Jun 29, 2018
How kind of you!

Those errors are not really that big of a deal. Now it's just loveable when they try to yell "YOU'RE MISSING THIS, YOU'RE MISSING THAT!" hopelessly. I've had them since I installed VOICEROID2 the first time.

These three:

"フレーズ辞書の初期化に失敗しました。 ファイルが見つかりません。"

"単語辞晝の初期化に失敗しました。 ファイルが見つかりません。"

"記号ボーズ辞書の初期化に失敗しました。 ファイルが見つかりません。"

I'm not sure if they're connected with the errors you found a solution for.

Thank you again, you made my day. You truly did. Cheers!

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
"記号ボーズ辞書の初期化に失敗しました。 ファイルが見つかりません。"
Seems like the first one.
Go to "My Documents" and delete "VOICEROID2" folder.
Instead of delete, you can just rename the folder. If it works that's great; if not, you can still restore it...
And you can continue to try the next one with same strategy: rename "Standard.settings" instead of delete it.

Last edited:

yume94

New Fan
Jun 29, 2018
Renaming nor subsequent deleting the folder didn't help.
It seems that the "VOICEROID2" folder is being created anew after running the program.

Kazumi

That One Furry
Apr 8, 2018
I have uploaded the new patch for version 2.0.5.0 (coming with Haruno Sora).
Hi! I've been trying to figure out where to put the file as... I can't seem to find Ai.Talk.dll anywhere. The closest I have is aitalked.dll

Any ideas?

FlowAria

New Fan
Sep 26, 2018
Hello! thanks for your nice work!
anyway i'm making entire translate patch of VOICEROID2.
so what i want to ask is:
1. Can i include dll file to patch Installer?
2. Can i translate license file(based on english version), and include with exe file?

Last edited:

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
Hello! thanks for your nice work!
anyway i'm making entire translate patch of VOICEROID2.
so what i want to ask is:
1. Can i include dll file to patch Installer?
2. Can i translate license file(based on english version), and include with exe file?
You have to translate the license file, so I guess you are not making an English translation? What's the language then?
Anyway, as long as you give me credits and keep the original license file, you can do both 1 & 2. *
You can show me your translation workflow via inbox if you'd like. I already managed to make a translation patch before, but due to time issues I have to pause that project.

* However, you can not use it if you are making a cr4ck patch.

Last edited:

FlowAria

New Fan
Sep 26, 2018
You have to translate the license file, so I guess you are not making an English translation? What's the language then?
Anyway, as long as you give me credits and keep the original license file, you can do both 1 & 2.
You can show me your translation workflow via inbox if you'd like. I already managed to make a translation patch before, but due to time issues I have to pause that project.
1. Korean

REQ. idk is translation is count to keep original file, can i only provide translated file?

2. about workflow, i used de4dot and dnSpy,
- clean the AI.Talk.Editor.Core dll using de4dot
- open dll with dnSpy, extract resources file (contains bunch of baml) to xaml
- about q and ao reference in xaml file. that's some other class in original dll that name changed by clean process.
- so inject this class file below and reload the dll file

- Create new wpf project, load extracted xaml files and fix the bug. and make all AI.Talk.Editor.Core.dll references to assembly
eg) xmlns:settings="clr-namespace:AI.Talk.Editor.Settings;assembly=AI.Talk.Editor.Core"
- compile, then you have resources file in ProjectFolder/obj/Debug or Release whatever/projectname.g.resources
- swap the original AI.Talk.Editor.Core.g.resources file. in dll file using dnSpy

about hardcoded string, i used other tool that used by translate Pmx Editor

4. it's not cr4ck patch, i only provide two dll and exe

public class PhraseTextToVisibilityConverter : ValueConverterBase<string, Visibility>
{
protected override Visibility ConvertCore(string value, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
{
bool flag = Regex.IsMatch(value, "[。?!。?!]$");
if (!bool.Parse((string)parameter))
{
flag = !flag;
}
if (!flag)
{
return Visibility.Collapsed;
}
return Visibility.Visible;
}
}

public class SecondsToStringConverter : ValueConverterBase<int, string>
{
protected override string ConvertCore(int value, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
{
if (value <= 0)
{
return "None";
}
int num = value % 60;
value /= 60;
int num2 = value % 60;
value /= 60;
int num3 = value;
StringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();
if (num3 > 0)
{
stringBuilder.Append(num3 + " Hour ");
}
if (num2 > 0 || (num3 > 0 && num > 0))
{
stringBuilder.Append(num2 + " Min ");
}
if (num > 0)
{
stringBuilder.Append(num + " Sec ");
}
return stringBuilder.ToString();
}
}

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
I understand your workflow. I have written a GUI tool (support both baml & hardcode) to do that, so I can focus on the translation without those steps or any other tools.

idk is translation is count to keep original file, can i only provide translated file?
No, you have to include the original English text, in order to prevent any translation mistakes. You can add your translation but the English license text must be there.

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
O.O
if it's don't mind it, can i get that tool too?
It's not ready for public, generic use - but still, you can try the old stable version I have released before V2 specific tweaks. If you used my tools, give me more credits (let me know the release link) when you releasing your staff. Check your inbox.

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
I only have 2.10, could I have the 2.10 patch?
You can go to the AHS official page and download a v2.0.5.0 version with your V2 serial number. You may have to register a membership first but it's easy and free.

If you don't have a SN - go find a newer version somewhere on Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)