Hello! I'm conducting a short anonymous survey about the Western singing-synthesis community as part of market research for a business proposal.
As for myself, I'm a representative of a relatively small company that sees an opportunity in the western vocal synth market. I've spoken with some connected individuals and have come to my own conclusions. Much of the information I am collecting is preliminary research that will play a part in deciding the outcome of a licensing agreement between my business and another, with the goal being that my company interests are aligned with the western vocal synth community. Put simply: I want to make products that people will actually want to buy, rather than assuming I already know what the market wants.
This is an opportunity to have your opinions counted in research that will be presented directly to developers and companies in the vocal-synthesis industry. I'm particularly interested in what users actually want from voicebanks, what they currently spend, what makes them choose or reject a voice, and what they think is missing from the market.
The survey takes about 5–10 minutes, and you don't need to be a producer or purchaser to participate. Anyone with an interest in singing synthesis is welcome.
docs.google.com
Please understand that I will not, and in some circumstances cannot, answer every question regarding the survey. I will gladly answer any questions that will not compromise its integrity.
Some FAQs from previous responders:
Q: Who are you? Who are you talking to?
A: I'm sorry but I won't say as that would skew the results of the survey. I do not represent an existing "vocal synth company", nor do I have a formalized affiliation with existing vocal synth companies.
Q: Do you wish to update old voices?
A: Only if there is reasonable demand not being being met by other companies, in-development or otherwise.
As for myself, I'm a representative of a relatively small company that sees an opportunity in the western vocal synth market. I've spoken with some connected individuals and have come to my own conclusions. Much of the information I am collecting is preliminary research that will play a part in deciding the outcome of a licensing agreement between my business and another, with the goal being that my company interests are aligned with the western vocal synth community. Put simply: I want to make products that people will actually want to buy, rather than assuming I already know what the market wants.
This is an opportunity to have your opinions counted in research that will be presented directly to developers and companies in the vocal-synthesis industry. I'm particularly interested in what users actually want from voicebanks, what they currently spend, what makes them choose or reject a voice, and what they think is missing from the market.
The survey takes about 5–10 minutes, and you don't need to be a producer or purchaser to participate. Anyone with an interest in singing synthesis is welcome.
Western Singing-Synthesis Market Survey
This anonymous, 21-question survey is being conducted to better understand consumer preferences and purchasing behavior within the Western singing-synthesis community. Responses will be used as market research for a business proposal concerning singing voice synthesis technology and voicebank...
docs.google.com
Please understand that I will not, and in some circumstances cannot, answer every question regarding the survey. I will gladly answer any questions that will not compromise its integrity.
Some FAQs from previous responders:
Q: Who are you? Who are you talking to?
A: I'm sorry but I won't say as that would skew the results of the survey. I do not represent an existing "vocal synth company", nor do I have a formalized affiliation with existing vocal synth companies.
Q: Do you wish to update old voices?
A: Only if there is reasonable demand not being being met by other companies, in-development or otherwise.