• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID what are your favorite unpopular/obscure vocaloid duets pairs?

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
dont know if this topic has been brought up. but basically, not asking for specific songs, just two vocaloids you think go together really well that you barely ever hear! im curious what voices people like together that aren't common to see! obvious popular ones would be like... Miku/Luka, Kaito/Meiko, Rin/Len, Bruno/Clara, IA/One, Dex/Daina, Primo/Tonio, etc. Ones that are very typically paired up in covers or originals. (feel free to include one non-vocaloid so long as it includes one vocaloid)
this is NOT about "shipping". this is just about pairing them up vocally!

for mine:
  • Dex/Bruno. idk why but i paired them up forever ago when trying to make Bruno speak english and i just loved them since! their tones are quite nice together and i wish the two were more popular as a pair.
  • Gumi/Flower. I fell in love with the two since Honeyworks' song "Tokyo Summer Session". im quite surprised i havent heard them more of them together! i think they compliment each other very well in tone and power. depending on how flower is tuned, her lower pitch sound great when harmonized with Gumi.
  • Kaai Yuki/Flower. Maybe a weird one idk, but ive heard them together in a few songs by 100回嘔吐 and i honestly really love them! i really like Kaai and i dont hear her paired with many voices. ive heard this pair a few times but its certainly not common and i think they sound cute together, in the idea of Kaai being a little girl and Flower passing off easily as a young boyish voice.
  • Teto/Flower. yeah ok another flower pair, sorry i mainly seek out flower originals over anything lmao... but man, i heard these two together from c2energy_P with this song. not many uses of these two but ミリ子 recently released a song with them too!
  • Rana/Kaai Yuki. another one where i think their cute voices actually work really well, but i dont hear them together much!
thats all the ones i can think of that i love a lot and wish i would hear more! im curious to see what pairs you guys have come by that you like. definitely share the songs/covers that made you like them!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStarPalace

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Gakupo/Rin is my personal favorite! My old college roommate shipped them (in a Rin Is Aged Up kinda way), and while I never really got on board, my God they really do sound nice together.
thats an interesting one! wouldnt have thought about it. theres definitely something to like there about their voices, something about their accent/tone feels kinda similar so it works really well tbh!

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I LOVE Galaco and Cul together I know they were a popular pair back in the day but they seem to have fallen off idk if that's cause the hype of their release wore off or what but yeah :x

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I LOVE Galaco and Cul together I know they were a popular pair back in the day but they seem to have fallen off idk if that's cause the hype of their release wore off or what but yeah :x
i was just recently listening to Galaco and i realized i really love her voice and was wondering who people might pair her with. this sounds like a good one! ill have to go digging

msmsmsm

CUL Supremacist
Sep 15, 2018
I’ve been messing around with CUL and Yukari’s V3 trials
ME! I adore how these two sound together. I love this song with the two of them

here's some I ended up finding!
  • During a small collab that went nowhere, I ended up finding that Arsloid and Unity-Chan sound pretty good together! both have substantial power and a similar vocal weight, which makes them really nice to use together.
  • Merli/Iroha for sure! There's no reason why these two wouldn't sound great together. I don't think i've seen much of this pairing, but when i do see it, i like it.
  • Lastly, Yumemi Nemu and Otomachi Una (Spicy). both have pretty striking voices and seem to handle each other well.
I can't think of any more unfortunately, brain worms tonight :>

Heart-Eclipse-Dogma

Dedicated Yukaria Shipper
Sep 26, 2020
Believe it or not, SeeU and IA sound very nice together! there's next to no content of them, but if SeeU is given lower ranges to work with and IA takes the high pitches they're breathtaking. this cover is the only one I can find of them online, regrettably, but seriously give it a listen.

Reactions: morrysillusion
Sep 21, 2019
I particularly like the way Tei and Len sound together! I don’t understand why people don’t use them together more often, as they are go together quite nicely. Len, despite his thicker timbre, compliments Tei’s voice quite nicely and they end up sounding like one voice. (I’d share one of my covers where that’s the case, but it’s old and bad, haha.)
I’m guessing it’s probably because Tei isn’t exactly popular, so she just isn’t thought of when the need for a duet partner arises. (Or, another issue, your average Tei user likely doesn’t have access to Len since the Kagamines are paid synths whilst Tei is free to use.)
Or in my case, I have them, but can’t stand using Vocaloid most of the time, haha.
Tei/Teto sound amazing together. I need more duets with them~!

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
I don't know if this is unpopular, but it will be oddly specific.

Otomachi Una [Spicy] with Hatsune Miku V4x [Solid]. I think Una has a very bold yet flexible voice, same with Miku. At the same time, they are very very close to each other when it comes to pitch and whatnot, but I feel Una feels just a bit deeper with her voice.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)