• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What does your username mean?

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
One of my favorite songs is "Sketches of Pain" by the band Tears for Fears. As someone with the surname Payne who does art it seemed like a good fit.
(I've been using the name since at least 2003. And I've been using the profile pic of Big Boss from MGS Portable Ops since around 2011.)

"Great, white
stretches of canvas
signed by a godless name.

Strange, bright
colors of madness
only a fool would frame

sketches of pain, sketches of pain."

Drawing_Monkies_01

Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Sep 18, 2021
Ohio, USA
Well, drawing because I'm an artist. Monkies because they're my favorite animal. 01 because it's the last two numbers of my birth year (2001). Underscores between every word because I think it's cool.

This is actually the first time I've used this username anywhere :D

Josh Kouki

Merely a person.
Aug 10, 2021
Anywhere
It's a name.
My first, my middle, and left out last names(too long). Yes, very exciting, I don't know.
Thank you though.

Edit: If anything, I guess my middle name translates to hope kouki=公希

Last edited:
Reactions: sketchesofpayne

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i dont think i ever posted in this thread even after i joined so, might as well! its kind of an odd story related to an obscure fandom

basically years back (like 2014-15) i was mainly using tumblr and was actively in a fandom for some YTer (mainly minecraft). on tumblr, mostly at that time, "canon URLs" were a big deal to claim and have, they still are but it was crazier in those early fandom days. like, if someone had the user/URL of a character in a fandom it was cool and hard to do due to URL hoarding. anyways, this is relevant because in mthe obscure YT fandom i was in i had made my URL that of the YTers/characters they played. for a bit is was brucewillakers, lordwillakers, and then eventually nisovinsillusion. all from the same fandom btw...

i had that URL for some time but i think in 2016 i decided i needed to drop it. i still liked that fandom but it was becoming inactive and i also knew i didnt wanna hang on to a URL that was some other dude's username lol. i have had a lot of identity crisis's online mostly at that age so i had a hard time attaching to a new name. i was going by the name "Morey/Morei" and "Kurt". Morei more so as an online thing. i changed the spelling from Morei to Morey... and eventually Morry. i had the username "moreyytilatot" but it was a pure nonsense idea imo and i never liked it. in trying to change my URL/rebrand, i decided "fuck it, i'll just remove the "nisovin" from nisovinsillusion" and thus, morrysillusion was born.

i felt it was a placeholder but it grew on me. its oddly fitting for my situation mentally and it felt like a fun way to reference it while also just sounding kinda cool!

Reactions: sketchesofpayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)