• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What does your username mean?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Well. I stan Leon so.

My better-known missy20201 is actually the random username my brother made up for me when I was about 11 and made my first online account ever (Webkinz). I've just used it everywhere since. There are very few sites with a missy20201 that isn't me :P

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I heard from a tv sitcom I was watching where one of the characters mispronounce the name of the classic cello player Yoyo Ma, with the "Yo Mama" in a heavy brooklyn accent. I find the word play funny since it combined a name associated with classic music with a phrase that is more common on modern street slang. I combined the two to be Yoyo Mama. It can mean the street slang, the classic cello player, or a yoyo enthusiast

Sep 21, 2019
Uh, mine is kinda random and is sorta based on inside jokes, I guess? But, back in 2013 I wanted an interesting username because I was gonna join DeviantArt for the first time and I was trying to come up with something. There were these robotic enemies in one of the Mario Bros. games that I called robocheatsies and that came from some Mario character that had a name like "Cheatsy" or something like that. As for the TM part, well, I had my art stolen on DA once and got paranoid about copyrighting or trademarking everything in case something got stolen ever again. Now I realize I really don't need it, but I've grown so used to putting "TM" in the name that my username looks weird to me without it! XD

Edit: Also the name "Kazumi" comes from the name of a VA I liked a lot back when I was really into MLP (she was always so nice to my dorky self back then, too). Then in one of my Pokemon games I named my trainer "Kazumi" because I wanted a cool name and really liked the way "Kazumi" sounded. I ended up changing my name on YT to Kazumi because I grew kinda tired of using RoboCheatsy for a while since I'd been using it since 2013. Now I use "RoboCheatsy" when I need a username kinda name, and then when I need a more "normal" name, I use Kazumi!

Last edited:

Osakablade

Vocaloid User, Not A Fan.
Apr 23, 2018
Japan
Osakablade
I live in the north of Osaka prefecture and I`m a fan\shareholder of\in Sheffield United FC, who`s nickname is the Blades.
私は大阪府の北部に住んでいて、シェフィールドユナイテッドFCのファン\株主です。彼らのニックネームはブレードズです。

Reactions: uncreepy
Sep 21, 2019
Guess it's time to reply to this again now that I've changed my username, so here we go...

I'd asked for some name suggestions on a Discord server and someone had suggested the name "Kazumimi". We both mistakenly thought it meant "many ears" in Japanese, but I don't think it does as "kazu" translates to number/amount... however, for me, it will always mean "many ears"; I think "many ears" suits me well because I sort of have an ear for many things such as tuning, mixing, etc., it's like I have "many ears".

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
AALLF, short for "An Ancient Legend, Long Forgotten", my artist name. I suppose I like the rhythm to it, and the imagery it evokes for me somewhat captures the same atmosphere that I feel when I make my music.

It has nothing to do whatsoever with me trying to come up with an artist/band name that wasn't already taken, or used by some trademarked entity somewhere in the far-flung corners of the earth, hence the absurd length.

CatMoun

Phonology and voice synths are pretty much my life
Aug 14, 2020
I love Kiyoteru so much that when I was looking for a producer name I remembered of Ice Mountain so I mixed his band with my love for cats. Cat Mountain. Eventually it turned into CatMoun or CatMoun-P.

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Just noticed this thread 😅, so yeah:
My username it’s actually a word pun of the latin word “cerasum”, which means “cherry”, and the japanese “aji”, which means “flavour“; combining the two, the common “a” becomes a long “a” (ā, in latin), and it serves as a sort of bridge, while the “j” becomes an italian “sweet g” (this one in ipa, ʤ).
That all to say I love the taste of cherries lol 😅🍒(and latin😅)

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
Mine's just a variation of a name I've had for ages, which was Kitty. :iroha_lili:
I now call myself Kit more than Kitter but Kitter is my full user. It used to
If I was to pick a username with a meaning I'd go with something in Japanese most likely. Probably Konpeito or something cute. :ia_ani_lili:

Kinoshita Crazy

I love Lily more than you
Sep 29, 2020
kinocrazy.carrd.co
I played Taiko a few years ago ad all of my Japanese Sensei's and Senpai's called me Kinoshita-San because it was easier than calling me by my actual last name. The crazy part came from the fact that everyone I know thinks I'm crazy. Hence why I go by Kinoshita Crazy.

dezzydream

jermacraft
it's not necroing if its only a month old right?

i snatched the name dezzy from a vocaloid producer but then turned it into dezmond (my preferred name) and now dezzy is more of a nickname? i slapped dream on the end cuz i wanted another syllable (and it's genuinely completely unrelated to my fave kpop group being nct dream) and dream has that mystical aura abt it, in my brain it's a fluffy and sparkly word and i like fluffy and sparkly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)