What Was The First Manga You Ever Read?

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
School Rumble. I'd read about it in a pop culture magazine and felt drawn by Tenma's adorable hairstyle (at least that's what I thought), so when I saw the first volume in a bookstore I begged my parents to buy it for me. I was only 10 and a lot of the "adult" humour went right over my head... also I wasn't aware that manga is read from left to right (meaning that I would read the panels from right to left like in Western comics...:yohioloid_lili:), so the story must not have made a whole lot of sense LMAO. It wasn't until later that I read it in the proper order and all of a sudden it did click.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: uncreepy

jasmin00

Aspiring Fan
Jul 26, 2020
Finland
I think my very first manga which I ever read was Yotsubato when I was around 8 or so? I found it translated into Finnish from my small country side town's library, and that's how I fell in love with that series.It's really wholesome and cute. Years later I bought some copies of the manga for myself and at the age of 19 I still read it sometimes. :D

Krathia

Aspiring Fan
Apr 10, 2018
Neverland
www.youtube.com
My first ever manga was Random Walk or Detective Conan, I don't remember.
Funny thing, I was able to get the 3rd and the last tome of Random Walk past month xD..... for some reason the shop I was going to take them never had the last one available.

If only back in the day I had amazon, mandarake, and all these websites. It was so difficult to find just comics, imagine manga.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)