• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Where to download legitimate off-vocals?

AddictiveCUL (Add)

CUL addicted!
Jan 6, 2023
youtube.com
Well, usually there are oficial off vocals, but to get 'em u need to go to the oficial page of the artist in the nico nico. Sometimes they're available and usually you can download them through Piapro. I already seen some people who offers their off vocals within albums, so you need to buy their album to get an off vocal.

But for "World is Mine" and "Romeo and Cinderella" I think you probably won't find any clean off vocals because they're too old. Some songs are hard to find off vocals even when they're popular because of how old they're and, probably, if you find the original off vocal you won't like it because it doesn't have a high quality as the one with bg vocals.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
The Vocaloid Collection is hosting stem data for select songs, and some artists release different mixes for their instrumentals, but it's always on a song-to-song and artist-to-artist basis.

Nowadays off vocals are mostly being hosted on Drive and DropBox, but some people do still upload them to Piapro. For those old songs, AddictiveCul is 100% right, what is circulating around is likely all there is.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
if you don't have the CD album, you can buy the official instrumental version from mora (Sony japanese drm-free music store, there are tutorials on the web how to buy)

ロミオとシンデレラ (Instrumental)

and for ワールドイズマイン , there isn't mora music store page, so you should search for the official album CD for example on yahoo jp auctions with a proxy shopping service, I have the album CD and I confirm the second track is the instrumental version. Since is very rare album, on yahoo auctions is possible to find it, but at high price (more than 10.000-20.000yen usually).
you can search some videos of the instrumental or karaoke (カラオケ) version, or also some japanese covers and check in the video description if there is the source:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
The instrumental for World is Mine can be found on an archive of the supercell website from the Internet Archive(click wim.zip) and the instrumental for Romeo and Cinderella can be found on Doriko’s Piapro. I’m not sure if the World is Mine instrumental has backing vocals, but the Romeo and Cinderella one does not. Many Vocaloid-Ps will either host the instrumental on their website/blog or Piapro. Some limit them to albums or don’t release them at all, but I’ve found that most are available for free. It gets harder to find instrumentals for some of the older Vocaloid songs, but I’ve found a few on the Internet Archive.

Edit: Occasionally a Vocaloid-P will only release an instrumental only on a physical CD, but frequently if the instrumental is album exclusive it will be available for digital purchase as well as on a CD. If anything is published by the record label KarenT it is usually available on itunes or amazon.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)