• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Who are your favorite manga artists?

kermit

eh
Apr 9, 2018
I thought it would be nice to know who everyone's favorite manga artists are ^^

As for me, mine would be Rumiko Takahashi, Hiro Mashima and KEI (you know, the popular Vocaloid illustrator and the one who wrote and drew the Unofficial Hatsune Mix)

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Already mentioned it before but

Hiro Kiyohara & Kore Yamazaki artstyle wise

content wise I don't have any yet. Mangaka often have both good and bad manga honestly

Amy☆

I like sweets uwu
Apr 8, 2018
United states
Miyahara Ruri (creator of bokura wa minna kawaisou and love lab) is my absolute favorite. I love her style and her full color artworks are absolutely stunning. Not to mention both manga series are absolutely great and hilarious.

Another favorite is Seo Kouji (creator of Suzuka, Fuuka, etc.). While his manga series tend to be absolute garbage, I for some reason am always captivated by the art style, especially how he draws eyes and lewd scenes.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
In terms of art style, CLAMP, Naoko Takeuchi and Arina Tanemura are my favourites. I don't have a favourite mangaka in terms of story-writing, but that's because I haven't read lots of manga series.

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Koge-Donbo*, of course, for creating Di Gi Charat. She's queen of moe imo, and draws really nice clothes- I think her and CLAMP are great in that aspect.
Junko Mizuno is just one of my favourite artists in general, she's got great style. Actually, I can't say I care much for the actual storylines of her manga lol, I mostly read them for the aesthetics.
Kishi Torajiro, as I've mentioned on another topic, draws incredibly alluring women.
On the flip side, Ono Natsume draws incredibly alluring men (well, the sort of men I like lol).
Asumiko Nakamura has a really unique and breathtaking style. I love it a lot.

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
I'm not much of a Manga reader, I must admit it, but I'm a huge CLAMP fan and always loved their style in every serie they made! Especially Kobato, which is my favorite one so far!

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
It depends really. I really like how Kenichi Sonoda draws backgrounds, cars, and guns. He knows how to make the little details come to life to make you actually feel like you are in the place. (The way he drew 90's chicago/ early 00's chicago was just so damn good) With that said, his female characters while unique to a point are definitely suffering from a bit of same face syndrome.

As for people I would guess if I am looking for Moe moe harem series it would be Ken Akamatsu and the way he drew Love Hina. If I want Buff dudes but with no story line at all it would be Rycanthropy or Naop. (I guess since they are adult artist the story and backgrounds for the most part take a back seat but I would like to see them try to develop a full story rather than "1. muscle bro like muscle bro 2. muscle bro confesses feelings and are plot device where two are alone 3. ?????? 4. obtain snoo snoo)

I'm sure I could think of more but it would have to be more specific because a lot of the artist i like are good at somethings but fall short in others.

Alan

New Fan
Aug 22, 2018
I don't have any favourite artist by name, but any artist who draws Alice in Wonderland-inspired anime had contributed to something I like :)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I love Mitsurou Kubo's art style so much! I honestly kinda wish Yuri on Ice had been more faithful to her style, art-wise; it's so unique and lovely. (I still need to read Again.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)