• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Who are Your Favorite Producers and Why?

___

Oct 8, 2019
I have two that I'm pretty fond of!

I like Steampianist cuz their songs have this "( spooky ) children's book" vibe to them that I really enjoy. The best example of it would be a song of theirs called "Vegetables". I also like the way they tune Gumi which says a lot because I'm veeery picky about the way eng Gumi is tuned. She sounds great in "The queen's final coda" and they're able to use her in such fun ways ( like in "black hole" ).

Another producer I like is Babuchan. Their songs are really atmospheric and chilling ( I especially like frozen kid and 0 peoples waltz). I like Miku as much as the next person but sometimes I hear a song with her in it and can't help but think that the producer would benefit from using different vocaloid but I don't feel this way about Babuchan, Miku is perfect for the type of songs they make and she's used so nicely by them too. I def recommend Babuchan to people who already enjoy Kikuo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
I have two that I'm pretty fond of!

I like Steampianist cuz their songs have this "( spooky ) children's book" vibe to them that I really enjoy. The best example of it would be a song of theirs called "Vegetables". I also like the way they tune Gumi which says a lot because I'm veeery picky about the way eng Gumi is tuned. She sounds great in "The queen's final coda" and they're able to use her in such fun ways ( like in "black hole" ).

Another producer I like is Babuchan. Their songs are really atmospheric and chilling ( I especially like frozen kid and 0 peoples waltz). I like Miku as much as the next person but sometimes I hear a song with her in it and can't help but think that the producer would benefit from using different vocaloid but I don't feel this way about Babuchan, Miku is perfect for the type of songs they make and she's used so nicely by them too. I def recommend Babuchan to people who already enjoy Kikuo.
Oh, I've heard of Steampianist, but Babuchan is a new name for me! I might just check out their stuff! :D

Reactions: ___

kogemoe

Ryūto is best loid
Nov 5, 2019
-PinocchioP. While I don't really care all that much for his more recent songs, he was the producer that got me into vocaloid, so I kinda have a soft spot for him. I love the quirkyness and heart his older songs have. Also Aimaina-chan and Doushite-chan are just too precious and it hurts

-Kikuo. His works are just so unique and interesting, they've got a very nice feeling to them. I really like the direction he's been taking his music in recently.

-beacons. They make wonderful soft songs and really weird yet impressive PVs. Their discography is very small (they've only made 3 songs so far), but I really like all of their songs and I'm really hoping that they'll make more in the future.

-Pongini. His songs are fun, childish, and I find listening to them incredibly relaxing for some reason. He makes really funny PVs too so that's a plus.

-tanakaB. He has a really nice style and I absolutely love the way he tunes Rin. Nero is an absolute masterpiece.

-muship. I love everything about his songs; His style, tuning, PVs, everything. He just keeps improving with each new song and he never fails to impress me.

Also, I'm not really sure if they count as a producer since they only make covers, but I really love Mayonēzu's work. The way they tune Ryūto is 100% perfect imo.

mochagatari

Expert Mikunologist & Akaripiko Pioneer
Feb 22, 2020
mikunology.tumblr.com
Oh boy, I actually have a lot of favorites and a lot I think are really good but I'll try to list some standouts??

- Mikito-P: I really like the sorta soft rock(??) feel of his music and all of his melodies feel so sweet and wistful or energetic and fun. He has a lot of range, I feel like most of his songs are on the somber side but he has a good few that aren't and are just good fun, like 1, 2 Fanclub, Hoi or Even Though I'm a Ninja Girl I Still Want to Love!. His more sensitive songs always really tug my heartstrings, though and I love that. :'> And even though he doesn't use her much anymore he's one of my favorite Miki users! (Recs: I Shared a Kiss With Hatsune Miku, Sayonara wa Kienai, Hoi (I also admittedly like his lesser known work a bit more))
- cosMo@Bousou-P: I remember that cosMo was my top fave producer back when I first got into Vocaloid and while Mikito seems to have taken that spot I still love cosMo's work a lot. :'> I love the fast pace of his music and some of his older works' bizarre rapid-fire lyrics are really fun. It's been so cool to see how far he's come! (Recs: Infinity (2019 Ver), The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, Magical Girl Radical Paint (Short Ver.))
- GYARI: Gyari's work is always absolutely hilarious and fun even when there's hardly any lyrics :D I love his Vocaloids Only series a lot and it makes me really happy to see him get so popular recently! I also love that he's been giving the VOICEROID team the attention they deserve :> (Recs: Vocaloids only yelling, Akari ga yatte kita zo!, Yellow (Kagamine Jazz Arrange))
- kz/livetune: probably my second favorite producer ever?? I adore the positiveness of his music so much, it always makes me feel good even on my worst days~ also his use of Miku makes her sound so happy and full of life and I never get tired of it > < (Recs: Yellow, Weekender Girl, never ender)
- ATOLS: a criminally underrated electronic producer with a really unique, surreal and occasionally unsettling vibe about his work :> I know MACARON is a really popular work of his but I wish others would give his other works a try too! (Recs: AWAODORI (major epilepsy warning for the video), Tokoyo, MINT)
- daniwell: this one's a bit more recent since I've been more into UTAU, but he's a really nice electronica producer and the creator of the song for Nyan Cat :> his work is really adorable and while it is a bit repetitive it's so cute and pleasant to the ears it's hard to mind~ he's my favorite Momo user! (Recs: Aimai na Mainichi, Nyanco Overflow, Kimi wa Twintail)
- RIn Ginsuke/Kuroneko/Ocelot: in my opinion, of the best VocaloEDM producers out there. I can't even really describe it since he experiments quite a bit, but his work is always good and hits hard with dubstep. he also uses Nana (and Petit) really well, and has done a few songs using Yukkuri. (Gossip, KUSOGE-, Dekisokonai no I Love You)
- Torero: this one is also really obscure?? which is a shame because I love his vocaraps! his tuning of his vocaloids is really nice and pleasing and they all rap incredibly smoothly. I also just like seeing the dynamic between all his Vocaloids in his videos?? they're really cute ^^ (Recs: Magic Mojito, Honey Yellow, M.A.R.I.E.)

ah this is getting really long- there's more than this and I actually share faves with some of the people who have already posted (OSTER, DECO*27, wowaka) but I feel like everyone's said basically what I would have said about them so I didn't include :'D these are a few I've been really liking recently though!

Here

Here
Nov 11, 2019
Hitoshizuku and Yama are one of my favorite producers. I really like the way she tunes Rin and Len. I also like how their songs have a story too.

another one of my favorite producers is Yunosuke. I really enjoy their electronic music and how Miku seems to sound different in each of their songs. Some other producers I like are Neru, PinocchioP, and Daniwell

• Love

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
Interestingly, I have a script that interacts with the YouTube API to find how often different channels are represented in my song-a-day playlist:

Code:
  10 *Luna
   6 Pねじ式
   5 ピノキオピー PINOCCHIOP OFFICIAL CHANNEL
   4 しとお official
   4 40meterP
   4 Neru OFFICIAL
   3 雄之助/Yunosuke
   3 Ayase
   3 DIVELA / Official
   2 はるまきごはん / Harumaki Gohan Official
   2 ヨルシカ / n-buna official
   2 Misumi
   2 いよわ/ iyowa
   2 MIMI
   1 Lanndo / nulut Official
   1 鬱P / Utsu-P OFFICIAL CHANNEL
   1 cosMo@暴走P Official Channel
   1 大沼パセリ
   1 wotaku
   1 てにをは
   1 煮ル果実
   1 GHOST
   1 miwashiba
   1 たべっこ
   1 和田たけあき
   1 23.exe
   1 edword records
   1 DECO*27
   1 VocaCircus
   1 香椎モイミ
   1 れるりり公式チャンネル / rerulili Official Channel
   1 傘村トータ
   1 soup
   1 須田景凪 バルーン
   1 ろくろ
   1 Kamel camellia
   1 R.I.P

A few disclaimers: I have an unwritten rule that I add a song to this list only if its lyrics are in English or the video has English subtitles. Therefore, there are producers that I'd consider my 'favorite' but don't appear in the list above (I'm looking at you, daniwell). I'm also trying to avoid getting too many songs from the same producer, hence the long tail.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I'm very basic, I became a huge niki fan pretty early on when I got into Vocaloid and that fact still holds true!!! wowaka, Neru, Honeyworks, and ryo are all probably a close 2nd. wowaka's music will always remain legendary to me, I feel like I'll always remember all the iconic songs like Rolling girl and Two Sided Lovers even when I'm older.

edit: I forgot YuuyuP!!! Tengaku is another song I won't forget, especially since it still holds up to be one of my favourite Vocaloid songs.

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)