• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2024

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
updated the first post with all the info, please check well the scheduled concert time because each day is different(●'◡'●)🎁🎀

already booked the hotels and the flights Sapporo-Fukuoka, Sapporo-Tokyo and for Osaka I'll go by shinkansen, love to see the autumn leaves❤

Reactions: InstallGentoo

Herohero

New Fan
Sep 3, 2023
BIG NEWS!

Dates:

FUKUOKA
Aug 17 (sat)~18(sun)
Fukuoka Sun Palace, Fukuoka Convention Center 2,4,5F

TOKYO
Aug 30 (fri)~ Sep 1(sun)
Makuhari Messe Halls 1~3

OSAKA
Oct 12 (sat)~14 (mon)
Intex Osaka Halls 3,4,5A

TICKET APPLICATION PERIOD (LOTTERY)(For foreigners)

Accommodation plan details TBA

Check the official website for more details, and domestic ticket application periods that differ from the overseas lottery.

Theme song is "Antenna39" by Hiiragi Magnetite
CM with a little theme song preview:

Main visual by Tama

Costume design sheet:

Digital Stars also announced

Website updated accordingly:

------
So, the hype is getting real again. I'm very excited for the theme song, the main visual is very cute and by an artist whose work I love. I'm already liking the design a lot.

Now that the dates have been confirmed 100% (no surprise on the Tokyo part), I can properly start planning my trip. I already booked APA hotel next to Makuhari a month ago, now all is left is everything else with the trip (esp. outside Mirai).

Btw, in case you're wondering why Osaka dates are Saturday through Monday instead of Fri-Sun, it's because Monday the 14th is a public holiday in Japan.
I thought they'd pull a big venue for Fukuoka. Looks like Magical Mirai 10th all over again considering how small the venue is.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
well, that's because Fukuoka is a new location and so the attendance numbers are unknown, both for the concert and the exhibition ^^ think of Fukuoka like a chance for all fans living in west Japan that in past couldn't go to Osaka or Tokyo ^-^ and it's good that in one location there is concert venue and exhibition (and there is hotel too).
also, the venue might be smaller (especially compared to Makuhari in Chiba, Tokyo), but I like that is has 3 floors, like in Sapporo (Magical Mirai 10th Anniversary) and in Nippon Budokan (Magical Mirai 2015), it creates an unique atmosphere during the concert<3

Reactions: InstallGentoo

MahouShoujoLain

New Fan
Jan 29, 2024
Hi, so I've never been to a Magical Mirai concert before but I am super keen to go this year! I was just wandering if any of you know from experience the success rate of getting a ticket, considering it's a lottery system? I'm planning to go to the Osaka show and I will definitely try to secure my ticket in the first lottery round. Since there are two rounds, are you basically assured to win a ticket as long as you purchase in round one? I am just hesitant to buy plane tickets/book accommodation before securing the actual Magical Mirai ticket, because I have heard that some lottery ticket systems are very chance based and I do not want to get ahead of myself. Any help ya'll experienced people can provide will be so appreciated!

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hi hi!! ^u^
exactly, the lottery tickets are chance based, so as long as you apply during the valid period, the lottery is valid and the winner tickets are selected randomly. However, I think you need to apply for each round of lottery ticket (I haven't check the page, but I think each round has its apply).
and because you will apply for Osaka, you'll have a bit more chances compared to Fukuoka (the venue has less seats) and Tokyo (more ticket lottery applicants). Higher chances if you select S seat, I think you can select your preference, for example 1st preference SS ticket, and 2nd preference S ticket.
A secure way to get a ticket is surely the accomodation plan (hotel+ticket), which is more expensive and a limited number of tickets that are sold out usually in the first 20-30 minutes hehe
for both lottery and accomodation plan, you have more chances if you select a day concert ticket instead of the evening one ^-^

edit: I checked the website, and here are the details:
1)Advance reservation by lottery from website
Dates April 19th (Fri.) 2024, 12:00 JST - May 13th (Mon.) 2024, 23:59 JST
Applicable SeatsSS, S
*Application only for Exhibition ticket set
url 1:
2) Advance reservation by 2nd lottery from website
DatesMay 17th (Fri.) 2024, 12:00 JST - June 11th (Tue.) 2024, 23:59 JST
Applicable SeatsSS, S
*Application only for Exhibition ticket set
url 2:
so I can confirm each round of lottery has its own url of ticket apply, so if you don't win the first lottery, for the second lottery you need to apply again. there aren't details of accomodation plan yet, but usually it starts a few days after the first lottery ^-^

Last edited:

MahouShoujoLain

New Fan
Jan 29, 2024
Hi, thank you so much for the detailed reply MagicalMiku! I'll definitely check out the accommodation plan when they release more details ^_^ I am actually already going to Tokyo in late-May/early-June and I have been keeping my eyes peeled for any pop-up Vocaloid events that will occur then XD I am lucky that I will be able to catch the Hatsune Miku 39culture 2024 Pop-up Store in Loft! 初音ミク 39culture2024 ポップアップストア in ロフト 3月6日より開催!

But back to Magical Mirai, I just have one more question. How big has the exhibition part of the event historically been? As you can see I love buying Miku merch, so I was wondering if the exhibition is big enough that going for two days would be worth buying two ticket sets? Thanks again for any replies >///<

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
you're very welcome, it's always a pleasure to help!! ^u^
ohh I love the 39culture shops, every year they always have so many nice goods! and if you happen to fly to Sapporo too (with AirDo airline there are cheap flights from Tokyo Haneda), there is Snow Miku Sky Town shop and museum at New Chitose (Sapporo) airport, I recommend it so much<3

here is the url of last year accomodation plan, you can see how is made:
(tip for applying: have on hand (or saved on a txt file) all your useful info, like email, phone number and credit card number, because most of accomodation plan rooms/tickets get sold out in the first 15~30 minutes)
the exhibition has become bigger and bigger every year, and already during my first Magical Mirai back in 2014 there were so many things to do and see that one day is not enough. especially if you plan to buy goods from the official store and other popular booths (example the Cospa, the Creators Market and Goodsmile Company booth), the lines are long (~15-30 minutes or more), especially on first day of exhibition. most of sold out items are stocked again on the following day. after entering, they'll give a paper wrist strap for re-entering (example you exit for the day concert or for going to a restaurant/food shop of the Intex Osaka venue, or putting back the goods bag in a coin locker or to your hotel). I also recommend bringing a backpack for the goods, and wearing layers (t-shirt and hoodie is good for Osaka autumn days). the exhibition is so nice and relaxing, even just walking around, that you'll enjoy every minute of it and you'll wish for more and more time, don't worry(●'◡'●)

and here is a video from last year exhibition in Osaka from one of my good friend Shirayukiヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ🎀

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
In the pre-covid times I used to think the accommodation plan was a good albeit expensive way to secure an SS ticket. But after last year's experience with the application process I'm not so sure. Most options were gone by the time I actually managed to get through without the site crashing (which took maybe 20-ish minutes). On top of that the seat wasn't that great despite being SS, it was practically the same experience as neighbouring S block.
The success rate in the ticket lottery has been fairly good for me (I guess 3-3.5 out of five applications). But of course as it's a lottery, there is always the chance of applying for all shows and ending up empty-handed. Mind you my experience is Tokyo, Osaka has little less demand, so technically chances are better.
Having two rounds of ticket lotteries for foreign applicants is new this year, but definitely it increases the odds.

Exhibition definitely has enough to keep you busy for two days, even three. Especially if you're looking to buy things, as you're in for queuing at the various stalls, particularly the popular ones. The official concert merch lines may take 2 hours or more. Last year I didn't even bother with it, I preordered the stuff I liked and as the few exclusive items only available on-site weren't too interesting I skipped the concert merch and instead spent the time at the vendor stalls and exhibitions. And to be honest, I've cut back on buying merch anyway, nowadays I only buy things if I really like them. (I already have so much stuff I physically can only put them in storage basically atm, at least until I move to a bigger place).

MahouShoujoLain

New Fan
Jan 29, 2024
Hey hey, thanks again Magical Mirai! I'm definitely going to try and get two days then ^_^ Hmmm, even though the accommodation plan bumps up your chances of getting a ticket I think I'll skip it. I've never been to Osaka (that Tokyo trip I'm going on soon is actually going to be my first ever trip to Japan >///<) so I was planning to book a hotel for two weeks anyway (going to check out Kyoto/Kobe/Nagoya as well). I'm banking on the fact that I'm going to put two lottery ticket submissions in means I'll definitely at least win one. And then there's the second round that I can try as well, in worse case scenario right? XD Also thanks for the video, can't wait to check it out.

Hey hamano, thanks for the extra info about the accommodation plan and exhibition queues! As I was definitely going to try and get SS seats your insight was really helpful. Also thanks for the tip about pre-ordering the merch. I'll look into that later, because I agree that queueing in lines does get a bit boring after a while >_>.

Herohero

New Fan
Sep 3, 2023
well, that's because Fukuoka is a new location and so the attendance numbers are unknown, both for the concert and the exhibition ^^ think of Fukuoka like a chance for all fans living in west Japan that in past couldn't go to Osaka or Tokyo ^-^ and it's good that in one location there is concert venue and exhibition (and there is hotel too).
also, the venue might be smaller (especially compared to Makuhari in Chiba, Tokyo), but I like that is has 3 floors, like in Sapporo (Magical Mirai 10th Anniversary) and in Nippon Budokan (Magical Mirai 2015), it creates an unique atmosphere during the concert<3
I hope that if Fukuoka's numbers are well, Crypton books Marine Messe on the next concert.

I also hope they experiment with newer locations as well. We've had Tokyo and Osaka for 10 years now.

Or maybe even different venues. They can book the Makuhari Event hall in Tokyo and Osaka Jo Castle in Osaka. Though it most won't likely happen since having another location for the exhibition adds to the logistical stress.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Hey hey, thanks again Magical Mirai! I'm definitely going to try and get two days then ^_^ Hmmm, even though the accommodation plan bumps up your chances of getting a ticket I think I'll skip it. I've never been to Osaka (that Tokyo trip I'm going on soon is actually going to be my first ever trip to Japan >///<) so I was planning to book a hotel for two weeks anyway (going to check out Kyoto/Kobe/Nagoya as well). I'm banking on the fact that I'm going to put two lottery ticket submissions in means I'll definitely at least win one. And then there's the second round that I can try as well, in worse case scenario right? XD Also thanks for the video, can't wait to check it out.

Hey hamano, thanks for the extra info about the accommodation plan and exhibition queues! As I was definitely going to try and get SS seats your insight was really helpful. Also thanks for the tip about pre-ordering the merch. I'll look into that later, because I agree that queueing in lines does get a bit boring after a while >_>.
ohh first trip to Japan, you'll enjoy so much!! hehe
and when visiting many cities during one trip, the Japan Rail Pass might be helpful (example: one-way shinkansen ticket Tokyo-Shin Osaka is around 15.000yen):
also, the good Hyperdia site to check train connections, route and average price:
Navitime is good service too:

and about the accomodation plan yes or no, i'd recommend to wait for the details and then decide. the accomodation plan is guaranteed to give you a SS ticket (and a SS ticket in Osaka venue is almost always very good, while in Tokyo venue might be near the S area because Tokyo has more seats), for example you could choose accomodation plan for first evening concert or last evening concert (the most popular ones and more difficult to get with lottery), so only 1 night hotel plan, and then try the lottery with other tickets, especially day concert gives you a bit more chances ^-^
pre-ordering the official goods too is good idea too!! :miku_lili:
I hope that if Fukuoka's numbers are well, Crypton books Marine Messe on the next concert.

I also hope they experiment with newer locations as well. We've had Tokyo and Osaka for 10 years now.

Or maybe even different venues. They can book the Makuhari Event hall in Tokyo and Osaka Jo Castle in Osaka. Though it most won't likely happen since having another location for the exhibition adds to the logistical stress.
I think Marine Messe is surely in their books, but being the first time, they need to check both event attendance, lottery tickets numbers (those give a good idea) and questionnaire(on-site and web).
and while Tokyo and Osaka are the main locations, it is possible that there might be other locations as well, not every year, but here and there. and if there will be another Japan Tour or Thunderbolt, then the Zepp venues are likely, then they could choose some venues like the Osaka Castle or others for special exhibition/museum/pop up stores(‾◡◝)

Last edited:

Megumin

New Fan
Mar 7, 2024
Hi, I have a question ^^
Are the exhibition tickets valid for the entire weekend or just for the day when you have live show tickets?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hi hi!! ^^
for the exhibition ticket, here is detail from the official site:
Admission tickets will be sold with a designated entry date.
Tickets can only be used at the venue and date written on the ticket.
the general sale of tickets (for Tokyo) starts on 2024年8月3日(土) 10:00~, so if you need exhibition tickets for other days, it is possible to buy it from the ticket machines of most convenience stores like Famima, Lawson and 7eleven (it's easy, just need to type the code written on the official site to get the ticket, and the store clerk is happy to help), or also buy at the venue on the same day (but in case of many people attending, sales might be paused) ^-^

Reactions: Megumin

Megumin

New Fan
Mar 7, 2024
thanks for the quick reply :)
I thought you couldn't buy the tickets individually, at least that's what I read on the website
Exhibition tickets are not sold on their own.
but if you can just buy it locally, it simplifies things ^^

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
you're very welcome ^u^
ahh yes that message is on the english page of the website, probably because the general sale of tickets is available only on japanese website and in the convenience stores (the ticket machines are in japanese with little english, but there are many guides online example "how to use loppi machine" or you can show screenshot of the webpage to the store clerk during a not busy hour and they'll help)

for example, on last year Magical Mirai 2023 exhibition page (japanese) are listed the Pcode (650-131 ) and L code (32363 ), as well the various url of the pia ticket service, lawson ticket service and eplus:

and always about 2023, this was the message for same day tickets:
About same-day ticket sales
  • "Special exhibition admission tickets" will also be sold at the venue on the day of the event.
  • Tickets are valid only on the day of purchase.
  • Tickets will be on sale at the same-day ticket sales office from 2:00 pm each day.
    *The sales start time may change depending on the admission situation on the day. note that.
    *You cannot line up until 30 minutes before the sales start time. note that.
  • The number of tickets sold will vary depending on advance sales and admission status on the day.
    *Sales will end when the planned number of tickets is reached.
    *Depending on venue congestion, sales may be temporarily suspended or terminated. Please note.
    *Please note that the time to enter the exhibition venue may be delayed depending on the ticket sales time and the admission situation on the day
the ticket sales office is just before the exhibition entrance, just be sure to get in the correct line ^-^
general sale tickets (online and convenience stores) has a limited number of tickets, but the same-day ticket sale is ok and starts at 2pm so is not a very crowded situation ^^

(this video is in japanese, but you can see well the loppi machine interface and use at Lawson, knowing the L-code lets you jump directly to the purchase page, then you input your name, print receipt and bring it to the cashier by 30 minutes to have the ticket)

edit: another video, this in english (but video is older, so the interface has changed a little)

Last edited:
Reactions: Megumin

Herohero

New Fan
Sep 3, 2023
When you apply for a ticket via lottery, are there chances you paid money only to win nothing?

Isn't that technically gambling?

Herohero

New Fan
Sep 3, 2023
Haha lol yeah I guess you could think that, when you hear lottery.
But no, you only pay, if you "win".
So you can apply for the lottery but only get charged if you win?

Sounds like something the Western music industry should implement for their concerts as well to prevent ticket sites from crashing and tickets selling out within minutes.

Herohero

New Fan
Sep 3, 2023
I watched some concerts from Fukuoka Sun Palace and it appears to be a lot bigger than Sapporo Hitaru. It can definitely fit a pandemic sized (2020 onwards) projection screen but all the stage decor will either have to be cut off or squeezed in. The band most likely will have little room for movement.

While on topic of venues, I hope they figure out how to make the Makuhari Hall 3 sound good on DVD. 2017 was HORRID because the bass and kick drums were nonexistent, while 2019 only had a tiny improvement.

Speaking of sound, they better hire a decent sound producer this time around. 2023's biggest audio issue was the audience not in sync with the song.

Fun Fact: Kei Suzuki, mentioned in an interview that for Miku Expo 2016, he recorded two audio tracks: the audience, and the concert. The two audio tracks were adjusted and sent to WOWOW live. He addressed the issue of audience delay in the concert recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)