• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2024

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
So you can apply for the lottery but only get charged if you win?

Sounds like something the Western music industry should implement for their concerts as well to prevent ticket sites from crashing and tickets selling out within minutes.
yes exactly ^-^
lottery tickets in Japan is such a good thing, but is good also for the event organizer, since it can help to understand the demand for a concert (before the general sale period, when tickets get sold out within minutes), and if possible, they can even add some extra concerts, it happened in the past for some events ^^

I watched some concerts from Fukuoka Sun Palace and it appears to be a lot bigger than Sapporo Hitaru. It can definitely fit a pandemic sized (2020 onwards) projection screen but all the stage decor will either have to be cut off or squeezed in. The band most likely will have little room for movement.

While on topic of venues, I hope they figure out how to make the Makuhari Hall 3 sound good on DVD. 2017 was HORRID because the bass and kick drums were nonexistent, while 2019 only had a tiny improvement.

Speaking of sound, they better hire a decent sound producer this time around. 2023's biggest audio issue was the audience not in sync with the song.

Fun Fact: Kei Suzuki, mentioned in an interview that for Miku Expo 2016, he recorded two audio tracks: the audience, and the concert. The two audio tracks were adjusted and sent to WOWOW live. He addressed the issue of audience delay in the concert recording.
I was curious and checked the official data for the seats: Fukuoka Sun Palace has maximum 2.316 seats, Sapporo hitaru has 2.302 seats, so they are basically the same in terms of size. And it is a good thing, because those are places built to enjoy music at its best. In fact, Sapporo hitaru concert was so good, so good that in my personal opinion, was the best in terms of audio enjoyment, everything was so clear and you could feel the notes, the bass and the highs, everything in perfect balance.

I understand what you mean about Makuhari Messe, and while the other Hall 9 is bigger and has a better audio movement, it can't be helped that both Hall 3 and Hall 9 are venues built first for exhibitions (example Tokyo Game Show), and can be converted to concert venues, but it can't be the same compared to a venue like Sapporo which is built only for concerts. that's also the beauty of having different venues, you can enjoy different aspects of each of it ^-^

MahouShoujoLain

New Fan
Jan 29, 2024
That's super interesting about the sound mixing! I did my thesis on Hatsune Miku, with a section on live concerts and as I had never been to one in person I relied a lot on video captures. I mostly used the NicoNico music party 2015 concert though. The mixing between the crowd/concert audio favoured the concert audio, but you could definitely hear the crowd. To me it didn't feel terrible to the overall audio quality. But I was also mostly interested in how the audience interacts with the hologram so crowd noise was something I wanted to hear XD

This also reminds me, I wanted to ask about Magical Mirai set lists! Does anyone know if they release the set list early, or after the first concerts of the year? So in this year's case, after the August 17-18 Fukuoka shows? I can tell they at least post them after all the concerts are over because the Magical Mirai 2023 after report has a set list page (Hatsune Miku “Magical Mirai 2023”). I'm just curious whether they keep their set list a secret until day of the first concerts or if they release them early XD

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
the sound mixing between stage and crowd reaction is felt especially on blu-ray if you select the DTS Master Audio track ^-^ sometimes there could be a mix of different days for both the video and audio recording ^^

and set list is super secretヾ(^▽^*)))
but, the official album has some of the songs that will be performed during the live concert, so if you want to avoid any leaks, I recommend to never check about the official album once is announced (that's my tradition since 2015, I love keeping surprise) :miku_ani_lili:
the complete set list on the website is updated only after the last concert, usually when they make the after report blog post ^-^

Reactions: MahouShoujoLain

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
during Snow Miku event on 2024年3月29日(金) 19:00~20:00 (Japan time) about the contest designs for Snow Miku 2025, there will be also new information about Magical Mirai 2024(*^-^*)☃💌🎁🎀
(translated)
Magical Future Time
We bring you the latest information on "Hatsune Miku Magical Mirai 2024" which will be held at 3 venues: Fukuoka Sun Palace & Fukuoka International Conference Center, Makuhari Messe, and INTEX Osaka!
New product time
Lots to see! New information will be released all at once!
snow miku time
Big favorite! Announcing the finalists for the ``2025 Nendoroid Snow Miku Costume Design'' on Piapro! ! Let's all decide on the Snow Miku design!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Magical Mirai 2024 life-size statue will be at Fukuoka, Tokyo and Osaka exhibitionヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ❤❤🎁🎀
preview of Fukuoka main visual(●'◡'●)💕💕✨🎈

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Magical Mirai 2024 song contest results(●'◡'●)🎁🎈
(translated)
In 2024, the song "SUPERHERO" sung by "Kagamine Len":len_smile_lili: produced by めろくる won the Grand Prix.
In addition, it has been decided that all award-winning works, including the semi-grand prize, will be used as theme songs in the programming contest, which will be held as part of the "Magical Mirai" program as well as the song contest. Details of the programming contest will be announced on Friday, April 5th, so if you are interested in programming, please look forward to it.
The award results for “Hatsune Miku “Magical Mirai 2024” Song Contest” are as follows.
★Grand Prix song
『SUPERHERO』めろくる feat. 鏡音レン
〈めろくる award-winning comment〉
I am truly honored to have won the Grand Prix.
I'm very happy that the music I've been working on has been praised this way.
Len-kun, who gave me this opportunity, is SUPERHERO to me.
We are looking forward to seeing you shine on stage.

★Semi-Grand Prix songs ※In alphabetical order by song title
『いつか君と話したミライは』タケノコ少年 feat. 初音ミク
『フューチャーノーツ』shikisai feat. 初音ミク
『未来交響曲』ヤマギシコージ feat. 初音ミク
『リアリティ』歩く人 & sober bear feat. 初音ミク
『The Marks』2ouDNS feat. 初音ミク
and.. :miku_lili: costume designs for:len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::luka_lili::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_lili:

Last edited:

CloverTower

New Fan
Apr 4, 2024
Hi, I have a question regarding the accommodation plan. How would it work if you wanted to stay multiple days at the hotel of your chosen accommodation plan? For example, can I purchase an accommodation plan for Saturday, then use a separate booking platform (agoda, priceline, etc) to book a stay at the very same hotel at a cheaper price for Friday? Would I need to contact the hotel and/or accommodation plan organizers beforehand to avoid complications?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hi hi ^-^
I think there are no problems about that, and best thing you can do is contact the hotel after you have multiple days reservation (via the booking sites and the accomodation plan), attaching to the email the receipt of both reservations. If you manage to book same type of room (example: no-smoking single room), probably you'll need to check-in only once. Just be sure to show at check-in also the accomodation plan confirmation email, so they'll give you the special goods of accomodation plan :miku_lili:

CloverTower

New Fan
Apr 4, 2024
hi hi ^-^
I think there are no problems about that, and best thing you can do is contact the hotel after you have multiple days reservation (via the booking sites and the accomodation plan), attaching to the email the receipt of both reservations. If you manage to book same type of room (example: no-smoking single room), probably you'll need to check-in only once. Just be sure to show at check-in also the accomodation plan confirmation email, so they'll give you the special goods of accomodation plan :miku_lili:
Thanks for answering, appreciate it!
Also big OOF at the price of the Hotel Springs Makuhari plan this year. The Saturday night plan is a whopping 30K yen, up from 24.5K in 2023. At least famy inn’s cheap price is still unchanged.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Thanks for answering, appreciate it!
Also big OOF at the price of the Hotel Springs Makuhari plan this year. The Saturday night plan is a whopping 30K yen, up from 24.5K in 2023. At least famy inn’s cheap price is still unchanged.
you're very welcome! :miku_sakura_lili:
and regarding the accomodation plan prices, I always recommend to make in advance a wish-list of preferred hotels in case some hotel is sold-out (usually, the cheaper ones are the first to go sold-out), and also have on hand a paper or a txt file with all your useful information for the booking, like personal details, dates check-in and check-out and credit card info. because most of the plans (especially for Tokyo evening concerts) are usually sold-out in the first 15-30 minutes, so it helps to have a plan in advance with all useful info on hand ^-^

Reactions: CloverTower

Megumin

New Fan
Mar 7, 2024
I'm still unsure whether it's worth taking part in the accommodation plan or I'd rather take a risk and take part in the lottery :haku_ibis:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm.. I think in general a good idea is choosing accomodation plan for at least 1-2 tickets, let's say the tickets you are looking forward most to (example, one Fukuoka and one Tokyo), and then try the luck with the lottery. If you choose S ticket for lottery, you have better chances. The cheaper yen can help a lot about the accomodation plan pricing, and what you pay for the hotel of the accomodation plan then you can save it by choosing cheaper place to stay during the other days :haiyi_ani_lili:
if you stay about 2 weeks or more in Tokyo area, you could consider booking a room in a guest house or a single apartment, much cheaper compared to hotel, Sakura House agency is very good for it:
I've stayed at Sakura House many many times, the staff is very friendly and helpful during check-in (fill some papers at their Shinjuku office and give you the keys) and check-out (one staff member will come to apt on check-out day to take back the keys and give you the deposit back), plus is very nice to stay there because you have a kitchen and can experience living in Tokyo :mell_lili: :kanatomell_lili:

Reactions: Megumin

Megumin

New Fan
Mar 7, 2024
Thanks for the answer :)
I'll try to get a ticket through the accommodation plan and others through the lottery ^^
The site is awesome, I'll discuss with my friends whether we should rent an apartment. Thanks for the recommendation ^^
It's a little off topic, is it worth being in Tokyo over Halloween? I heard that the Shibuya Party has been restricted :kaito_lili:

By the way, who of you is planning to go to the Osaka concert? ^-^

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
yeaa one ticket through accomodation plan is good idea ^-^
Sakura House is really awesome, you experience living in Tokyo a lot: difference between guest house and apartment is that the guest house is cheaper but you are in one room (usually single or double bed, and can ask for more bed if necessary) of the building, and the other areas like bathroom and kitchen are shared with others. with apartment, you have small apartment all for you with kitchen and bathroom. in both cases, all utilities (internet, electricity and gas) are included, you even have your own post box (you can order anything from amazon jp for example) and there is usually laundry area too (sometimes free, sometimes coin laundry, it depends on building you choose).
my favorite buildings of Sakura House are the ones in Monzen Nakacho and Kuramae area:miku_sakura_lili:

yes there are some restrictions in Shibuya because usually after halloween many volunteers had to clean the streets a lot. but the whole atmosphere is still very nice, and usually in that period there some events and pop up shops of Miku in Shibuya Parco or Ikebukuro Parco ^^ and Harajuku is always nice to visit, in autumn I recommend walking from Shibuya to Omote Sando to have a nice relaxing walk and just enjoy the autumn trees ^-^

can't wait for Osaka Osaka!!!(*/ω\*) is giving me good memories back from Magical Mirai 2020!:miku_lili:

Reactions: Megumin

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
I'm planning on going to Magical Mirai this year! It's my first Miku concert ever and I'm going to be flying to Japan for it so I'm incredibly nervous, especially about getting the accommodation plans. Any tips regarding logistics (like when to line up, where to prioritize lining up, what time should I show up, etc.) for a rookie concert goer like me?

For accommodation plans a friend and I are planning on getting multiple ones in Tokyo if we can, so we can attend the exhibition for all three days (since last year some producers only showed up for one day and he didn't want to repeat that). Is this feasible?

EDIT: Honestly I'm really only interested in attending the night concert of Aug 31 if all else fails.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hi hi!! (。・∀・)ノ゙🎈✨
ohhh you'll have a blast!
having attended all Magical Mirai concerts since 2014, here are some things I can recommend:
1) yes it's totally possible to get accomodation plan for the 3 days in Tokyo ^^ just keep in mind that usually that most chosen plans are the ones about the first evening concert and last evening concert, while the day concert tickets have a bit less demand.
2) as I wrote some messages before, usually the plans with cheaper hotels are the ones to go sold out more easily, so be ready to choose a bit more expensive hotel plan in case the cheaper one is not available. Have also on hand on paper or txt file all your useful info, so you can fill the forms quickly. I recommend Firefox browser, and keep only one tab active.
3) in case you manage to get 3 days tickets plan from the same hotel, I recommend to send email later to hotel to tell them about that, so you are sure to have check-in only once and keep same room for the 3 days.
4) for exhibition ticket, is possible to buy only the exhibition ticket from the ticket machine of the convenience stores like Famima, Lawson and 7eleven, or also on same day at the entrance (but you need to wait from 2pm)
5) when to show up? since it's your first time, I think is okay to experience at least on the first day the atmosphere of lining up early around 7 am. for the other days, is better to line up a bit later (also because you'll need to rest after the good first concert day)
6) especially for Fukuoka and Tokyo, always buy in advance from convenience stores and vending machines nearby a couple of drinks. inside the exhibition there are vending machines too, and outside the area many restaurants and convenience stores for foods, snacks and drinks.
7) the lines for the concert are different from the exhibition and they usually make the concert line about 30 minutes before the door open time. you can see a staff member holding a sign at the end of line, and if you're unsure if it's correct, you can show him/her your ticket ^-^
8) remember to bring the credit/debit card you used for the payment of accomodation plan, when you take the tickets from the ticket office at the entrance, they might ask for it ^^
9) the longest lines (30 minutes-1 hour) are surely for the official goods, but since you'll go with your friend, you can split up (other long lines are for Good Smile Company and Cospa booths). there are so many things to do and enjoy inside the exhibition that the time will fly!
10) I recommend to bring a backpack and a shoulder bag for the various goods. If your hotel is near, then you can exit the exhibition to drop the goods in your hotel room, or a station coin locker. to re-enter the exhibition, there is re-entry entrance, just show the colored paper arm bracelet they gave you on first entrance (the color changes every day).
you'll enjoy soooo much :miku_lili: :luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::meiko_lili::kaito_smile_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)