• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

A.I.VOICE (AITalk5) General News

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm so disappointed they didn't show off Yuzuru as much, because his talk voice sounds gorgeous. I hope he gets a song VB on A.I.Voice.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The A.I.VOICE Twitter teased the artwork for the tsubomi/bud voice banks for the Kotonohas and the mei/dark voice for Yuzuru and told us to have fun guessing what kind of voices they are.

Japanese users think that the Kotonohas got aged down and are calling them loli voices. They think Yuzuru got aged up and that he has a sneaky/cocky expression.

Official Yuzuru Twitter points out that they all look a bit different than usual, so I think these assumptions must be correct:

Kotonohas just giggled:

If you go to the teaser page, you can actually download the artwork by clicking the link provided in the 2021/1/8 news brief! They are transparent (and a whopping 5000 x 7000ish for Yuzuru, but only 1000 x 2000ish for the twins).

Personally, I think that Yuzuru looks really evil and has crazy yandere eyes. I wonder what sort of new exVoice files they will get for these banks? Yuzuru's were already weird/pretty saucy. I am definitely going to buy Yuzuru again and waiting for the livestream. I wonder if they will let us hear all of the exVoice files like they did on the AHS stream when Yuzuru first came out? I remember a lot of embarrassed laughing. (I didn't watch the debut stream for the Kotonohas, so I can't comment on them playing their bonus audio.) Anyway, I am rambling~!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I have been trying to do research and it looks like the website where you will be able to buy A.I.TALK from (called thebase.in) only ships to Japan and only seems to take Japanese credit cards. So it is more than likely anyone wanting to buy the Kotonohas or Yuzuru will have to use a forwarding service.
:ring_ani_lili:

• Sad
Reactions: Blue Of Mind

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
If anyone needs a good forwarding service I very much recommend Neokyo. I've been using them a lot the past few months and the service is great - plus the commission is only a flat 250yen compared to the 500yen from Buyee and there's no hidden costs. Shipping fee is only 500yen for an unlimited number of items plus they'll optimize for the cheapest shipping price possible.

Very, very tempted to buy Yuzuru. He's one of my favourite male synth characters, and I have a sneaking feeling that getting him will lead to a discount on his possible singing voicebank anyway... Plus, that design is to die for.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
yuzuru_lineup.jpg

Line up of all of high quality versions of Yuzuru we have so far.
Comparing his new dark artwork to the old emotions, he has angry eyebrows, a pose that combines normal + angry, and he doesn't have any highlights in his eyes.

Edit: I realized the tassel of his neck rope isn't even on the same side anymore. Oh wait, he actually has TWO tassels, you just can't see them both most of the time.
tass.jpg

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I have been trying to do research and it looks like the website where you will be able to buy A.I.TALK from (called thebase.in) only ships to Japan and only seems to take Japanese credit cards. So it is more than likely anyone wanting to buy the Kotonohas or Yuzuru will have to use a forwarding service.
:ring_ani_lili:
I grew a brain and checked out the About page on their shop, it has a notice that has been added which says:
■海外への発送について
現在海外への発送は行っておりません。ご了承ください。

■About shipping abroad
We are currently not shipping abroad. Please understand.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Preorders are now open.

Preorder price for the Kotonohas is 10,780 yen while Yuzuru is 9,680 yen. After February 21st, they'll shoot up to 18,480 yen and 16,280 yen respectively.

They also have small demos on their pages to play around with: Kotonohas, Yuzuru. The pages also have downloads for all their artwork.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I compared the audio on the A.I.VOICE demo page to Yuzuru's VOICEROID. Each of his emotions (normal, happy, sad, angry) sound identical in both VOICEROID and A.I.VOICE. So, if you were to buy A.I.VOICE for the twins or Yuzuru, the only difference in sound would be the twins' new bud voice and Yuzuru's new dark voice.
Other benefits include the ability to use voice fushion, export as an mp3, and the acrylic stand if you preorder the physical.

I compared the list of exVOICE files for Yuzuru's VOICEROID with the exVOICE list for A.I.VOICE. It appears that these are all completely new recordings. So, previously he had 281 files, and now he has 276 with A.I.VOICE (so if you own both, that's a whopping 557 audio files). His new recordings are mainly themed on video game lingo, fighting sounds, and sports.
Interestingly, at the end of the A.I.VOICE exVOICE document, it thanks azuma and Bumpy Urushi from Vocalomakets and several people who appear to be popular in the Voiceroid video-making scene.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I made a Twitter thread with timestamps explaining the highlights of the live stream:

Parts you probably want to listen to:

Aoi bud + Yuzuru dark
1:05:40 Aoi bud, 1:06:01 Aoi bud + Yuzuru dark (sounds bad because they selected Yuzuru as the voice used for pitch reference), 1:06:25 Aoi bud + Yuzuru dark but using bud as the pitch base

Aoi bud + Yuzuru dark, with Yuzuru as the pitch reference + raised the pitch (still doesn't sounds very good):

1:08:55 = Yuzuru dark + Akane bud, his pronunciation way changes to be more exaggerated because Akane has Kansai dialect.

Aoi + Aoi bud voice fusion lets bud have happy/angry/sad emotions
1:11:15 = normal bud voice, 1:11:20 = happy bud, suzumofu comments, 1:12:25 = angry bud, 1:12:44 = sad bud:

Last edited:
Reactions: Twillby

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I am getting ready to try to preorder Yuzuru with a forwarding service, but I found out that all types of mail for parcels except for Surface (takes 1~3 months) is available in America right now.
yikes.png

Part of me is wondering if ordering the package and waiting til I grow a beard (lol) is worth it VS trying to buy the download only version when it is available. Can you use a forwarding service for downloads?

denev

beep beep
Oct 30, 2019
minnesnowtaaaa
soundcloud.com
I am getting ready to try to preorder Yuzuru with a forwarding service, but I found out that all types of mail for parcels except for Surface (takes 1~3 months) is available in America right now.
View attachment 4140

Part of me is wondering if ordering the package and waiting til I grow a beard (lol) is worth it VS trying to buy the download only version when it is available. Can you use a forwarding service for downloads?
If you find a good proxy they're able to use Yamato Transport, otherwise amazon.jp might list him and they can ship overseas even with everything closed.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
View attachment 4140

I emailed From Japan, Neokyo, and White Rabbit Express to ask if they would be able to purchase the digital download version of Yuzuru for me from BASE when it becomes available. So far, From Japan replied and said I would have to pay the item price, no cost for shipping because it's digital (unless I really wanted them to print the serial and download URL and have it sent physically through international mail), and would have to pay their "basic fees" (I think it's like... 300 yen or something but I'm a little confused by their FAQ). I will let you know what the other services say when they reply.

The cost of Yuzuru for the special physical preorder is $85, normal price is $142, download is $103. I'd like to either get the download or the physical preorder depending on which is cheaper and has a reasonable time frame for recieving.

I checked White Rabbit Express and compared to Neokyo (which currently only can use Surface mail that takes 1~3 months), they apparently use FedEx International Priority (1~3 days), DHL Express (2~5 days), Parcel Post Seamail (2~3 months). From Japan uses Japan Post, FedEx, DHL but their site is confusing, so I'm not sure on the details.

Sorry for thinking out loud with this dilemma, I've never used a buying service and adding the problem of possible shipping delays + BASE only using Japanese payment makes this an annoying decision. But I know a few other people want to buy A.I.VOICE, so that's why I'm sharing this ramble.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Another livestream coming next month for Yuzuru's first anniversary, seems like they might announce something.

There are also trial versions out now that are free to download. You'll have to fill out the form (which involves entering a Japanese address) and wait for an email from AI JP.

editing for a third time bc they keep spacing out their tweets for some reason, but Yuzuru's voice provider will be revealed next month at the livestream.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Help for people wanting to fill out the form:

I used a fake Japanese address and immediately got sent the trial for Yuzuru. The email you get contains a password to unzip the folder. This is the installer (looks plain, not sure if they have a fancier version for the real product or not). You have to install Yuzuru's main voice separately from his dark voice:
aivoice_installer.png

I kept getting this error while trying to install and ended up having to disable Avast, because adding the folders/files as an exception did not work & Avast kept saying the files were file, but kept preventing the installation:
aivoice_problem.png

When you run the software (every single time, apparently), it asks for an activation key for the voicebanks, but if you click Cancel, it starts the 14 day trial. Also, Avast tried to block it again even after deeming it safe, so I'll have to add A.I.VOICE as an exception:
aivoice_cancel.png

I will test it out and probably write a review of it + also download the Kotonohas later today.

The voice provider for Yuzuru is going to be revealed during the livestream on February 25th:

Last edited:

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Out of genuine curiosity for those intending to buy one of the AI voices, for what purpose do you intend to use them as an overseas user? As someone who uses and loves the Kotonohas on SynthV, and is learning Japanese, I'm almost tempted to want to try them out, but I've never used a tts / Voiceroid, and I didn't really ever intend to purchase one until CevioAI English was demonstrated.
I'm also wondering if KotonoSync will be able to work with this, since afaik it uses the same base technology Voiceroid does.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I assume that A.I.VOICE will probably be compatible with Kotonosync eventually, since Suzumofu was at their 1st livestream.

I am a big fan of Japanese TTS vocal synths. The interface for Voiceroid and A.I.VOICE is in Japanese only, so the language barrier might be daunting for people trying to learn the software initially, the learning curve is a bit tough. (Additionally, A.I.VOICE needs to be purchased through a forwarding service, even the download version.)

Personally, I like to use the voice banks I bought for study purposes because it makes it more entertaining. For example, if I'm reading an Amazon Japan Kindle light novel, I paste each page into Voiceroid and let my favorite character read the book to me because I am kind of lazy. Being able to replay the audio over and over and gradually increase the playback speed makes remembering new vocab easier.

Another fun thing I recently got into doing is exporting Voiceroid audio into OneNote, where I copy and paste articles/vocab definitions and put the audio file right next to each paragraph (because you can arrange the page however you want to). I like to read stupid GooGirl articles (basically a dating advice website) and have Yuzuru read them to me in his happy voice, because it is hilarious. Replaying the audio is very fun.
howiuseonenote.png

When I'm not sure how to properly pronounce a word, I play the word over and over until I get used to the proper intonation. You could also use audio for Anki decks.

Sometimes I make little skits with my voice banks, too, where the characters talk to each other and I even learned how to use Yukkuri MovieMaker/tachi-e (emotion changing) drawings like a proper/typical Voiceroid skit video you'd find on nico. ^^

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
This is actually all really cool and neat, like now I'm genuinely considering this lol. Their preorder prices and cute stands aren't making this any easier. What makes this even harder for me is knowing that Akane and Aoi have different dialects, and how learning the nuances of these dialects without knowing the cultural context of the Kansai region itself is super daunting.

Guess I'll be giving their trials a shot, thank you!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
What makes this even harder for me is knowing that Akane and Aoi have different dialects, and how learning the nuances of these dialects without knowing the cultural context of the Kansai region itself is super daunting.
Kansai accent basically = country bumpkin accent (as opposed to standard dialect). The main indicators are intonation is different (hard to hear for someone not used to the sound of Kansai accent, even I can't really hear the difference because I don't have much experience hearing it, so I use the 2nd indicator, which is...) + vocab changes (especially copulas and verbs).
Random examples:
Standard Japanese = Tabenai or Tabemasen (not eat) // da (is) // aRIgatou (thanks) // koNNICHIWA (hello)
Kansai-ben = Taben or Tabeyahen (not eat) // ya (is) // arigaTOu (thanks) // konnichiWA (hello)
There are a lot of websites in both English and Japanese that can teach you about Kansai-ben (Wikipedia has a lot of examples, but it's dry, this site is more entertaining)

For Tsuina-chan, she has a standard accent bank and a Kansai accent bank, but with her Kansai accented bank you can actually switch it to standard with a button in the lower right corner.

So even if you buy the twins, you could compare the same phrases with both twins and listen to the differences in intonation, but stick to the twin without the Kansai accent (Aoi) for things like flashcards or narration. I think if you are not that fluent in Japanese and start speaking in Kansai dialect as your main way of talking, people would probably laugh or think you learned Japanese in the Kansai region, so it's probably better to focus on standard Japanese and only be able to recognize the grammar differences for things like enjoying anime/manga because they usually have at least 1 character who speaks like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)