• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

A Vtuber sings an anime opening!

CatMoun

Phonology and voice synths are pretty much my life
Aug 14, 2020
So... I don't know if it's already common and I was the last person to got to know this happens.

There's this polarizing anime called Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! (Uzaki-chan wants to hang out!) and I started watching it to know what it's all about. I really liked the opening theme so I looked for it on YouTube and to my surprise, the original singer for this song is no other than Kano-chan! A Vtuber who specializes more in singing than making videos itself.

I think it's really interesting a Vtuber was able to make an anime opening theme song! Most of the locations of the PV are from the anime and it's so cute!

CatMoun

Aug 14, 2020
Somewhat related, but three Hololive Vtubers (Azki, Marine, and Miko) actually did the opening for an Eroge (which I won't link juuuuuuust to be safe) and it was actually pretty catchy.
Cool! So vtubers making openings is definitely a thing apparently. I'm hyped to see more of it!

Reactions: MillyAqualine

CatMoun

Aug 14, 2020
Maybe it's too late to say or I should have made another post to mention it: I got to know that this vtuber, Kano, is actually the voicer for Luo Tianyi's Japanese Voicebank! As my understanding goes, Kano used to be just an utaite and nowadays she's also a vtuber. Luo Tianyi's Japanese Voicebank is just like Yuki's V4. She's got both recordings from Shan Xin and Kano. I think it's particularly very interesting!

Luo's Japanese in use:

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Aaaaah, reminds me Kyoko Date * w * (because if I'm not wrong, LOVE COMMUNICATION was an opening for some TV drama)
I have to say thank you for mentioning that song and it's artist, because now I finally found it. Kira had posted a short cover of it when Miku NT came out, but didn't say the title, so I could not find it.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
You're welcome ^^ I remember I knew about her and that song back in high school because I was reading an art book in class (to get a direction in the trimestrial project) and that's how I met back with virtual idols, this time not a Vocaloid but a pioneer

Reactions: Stardust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)