• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Akari Engrish Original Song WIP

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
I hate to be the one to roast the track here, but PLEASE for the love of god, stay away from Kaito English. If you want to use a Crypton Engloid, then go with Miku V4 English instead.

EDIT: Oh it's the Japanese Kaito. Makes sense.

WintermintP
stay away from apples and go with oranges instead

How would Miku English improve anything

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
I just discovered the mistake, thanks.

Also, when it comes to actual English pronunciations, the best one amongst Crypton Vocaloids would most definitely have to be Miku V4 English (and possibly Luka V4 English), but again, I just found out that this was the original Kaito and not an English bank, and for that, I'm sorry.

WintermintP

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I hate to be the one to roast the track here, but PLEASE for the love of god, stay away from Kaito English. If you want to use a Crypton Engloid, then go with Miku V4 English instead.

EDIT: Oh it's the Japanese Kaito. Makes sense.

WintermintP
I just discovered the mistake, thanks.

Also, when it comes to actual English pronunciations, the best one amongst Crypton Vocaloids would most definitely have to be Miku V4 English (and possibly Luka V4 English), but again, I just found out that this was the original Kaito and not an English bank, and for that, I'm sorry.

WintermintP
I saw this in my email and got confused like did I post Kaito English Draft version here and I forgot? :arsloid_lili:
But I do want to own a Miku V4x bundle once i finally get a job. I want her to be my second Vocaloid. And it's no problem on the mistake, Wintermint.:yanhe_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, you've improved this a lot since the last time I listened to it! Good job!

You might want to take a second look at "water" after "boiling." There's some kind of sound overlapping the word--is it a breath sound you put in, maybe? If it is, I would think it should be after the word, rather than during it (since he's catching his breath). Or maybe it's something else and I'm just not understanding it.

The "ar" and "en" sounds in "garden" also sound a little off somehow. Maybe there are some other phonemes you could use for those that would sound more natural? If possible, I'd also add a rest of some length after "garden," to break it up from the next line.

I don't mean to pick at it, though--it does sound really good!

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Wow, you've improved this a lot since the last time I listened to it! Good job!

You might want to take a second look at "water" after "boiling." There's some kind of sound overlapping the word--is it a breath sound you put in, maybe? If it is, I would think it should be after the word, rather than during it (since he's catching his breath). Or maybe it's something else and I'm just not understanding it.

The "ar" and "en" sounds in "garden" also sound a little off somehow. Maybe there are some other phonemes you could use for those that would sound more natural? If possible, I'd also add a rest of some length after "garden," to break it up from the next line.

I don't mean to pick at it, though--it does sound really good!
Ah, thank you, mobius! :kokone_lili::kokone_lili::kokone_lili:

Water? Huh, I didn't expect that. X D Well, for water I haven't added in any breathness to it yet. (Only doing some Pitch Bends, Velocity, and Opening at the moment) Only added in the '@r_0' at the end that I might take out or change it to 'h'.
Okay, yeah I just switched it to 'h' and it sounds much better at the end.

For 'garden' I'll see about the different phonemes to use. I added in another 1/32 space after 'garden' too (I only did two 1/32 space). :agree:

No worries on the picking. It's helping me out. (^_^)/ I fall in love with my song every time, but each time I take a break and hear it again, I know it needs improvement. Just wished that I was good at tuning/fixing better. :clara_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)