• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

BambooGarden101's "Kinda Good But Could Be Even Better" vocal synth fanart (and random doodles)

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Hi! Lots of people here have threads showcasing their Vocaloid fanart, so I've decided to make one too.
My primary intention is to post digital art, but every now and then I'll happen to find random old (analog) doodles on my hard drive, so I'll be posting those too if I'm not too embarrassed by them.
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy my posts! :LOL:
In the past, whenever I saw all the amazing art that other people posted on Twitter or DeviantArt, I would feel embarrassed about my drawing skills and wish I was better. (I still feel like that sometimes, to be honest.) But recently I've been working very hard to get better instead of just wishing I was better, and I believe I've made a lot of progress over the past year or so. So I'm trying to gain the confidence to post more of my art online.

That being said, I still have a long way to go, and there are many aspects (anatomy, scale, perspective, colour layout, composition, etc.) that I'm still learning about. This is why I gave this thread a very honest title to describe my drawings: kinda good (though that's a very subjective thing and different people will have different opinions), but could be even better.

I'll start by sharing this Yukari from a couple of months ago. I saw this outfit on AliExpress and wondered how it would look on her.
yukari.png

Last edited:

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
I found this thing from 5 years ago. Ah, nostalgia... and also a bit of cringe.
d8nd9s2-f20c4a45-2d1f-42ae-bbb3-c3b464ca6ff0.png
Edit: found an analog version. Sorry for the poor quality.
DSCN4515.JPG
Also, yay for being able to just drag and drop images into forum posts now! Hooray for modern technology! I guess I can now forget about the bad old days when I had to upload images on ImageShack or Imgur or whatever and then copy-paste the URL.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Krin and uncreepy

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Since it's Zunko's birthday, today I'll be sharing this picture of her (not a sketch! Finally a proper drawing!) that I actually drew months ago. Ideally I would have drawn something from scratch for the occasion but I'm quite busy with school at the moment.
zunchan.png
It's in a somewhat similar style to the Yukari from the OP.

Last edited:

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
After another long absence I'm back with a few more.

young.png
A young Luka in a sailor uniform.
lolis.png
Kaai Yuki, Tsukuyomi Ai and Kiritan. This one is actually about a year old.
ihpj.png
Back in January I came across a shop that sold track suits in a similar pattern (with a specific food item printed all over it and the name of the food written in romaji on the shirt) and decided to design one for Kiritan. I wanted to finish it in time for her birthday but ended up being late, as always...

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
*dusts off cobwebs*
S'up... I'm not dead, I've just migrated to Pixiv and Twitter.

I still draw - as a matter of fact, I got an iPad a few months ago and I feel like since then my art has improved immensely. For this post I selected only a few pictures that I consider my very best.

I drew this one in February for Kiritan's birthday, and so far it's the one I'm proudest of.
tan2023.png
This was a request I got on Odaibako - Tsurumaki Maki and Kasukabe Tsumugi inflating balloons with their mouths in preparation for their school's cultural festival, plus Zunko hanging the inflated balloons on the wall (my idea). I get a lot of requests involving balloons - someone seems to have a balloon fetish... xD
maki tsumugi balloons.png
A thank-you gift for reaching 600 followers on Twitter.600 thankyou.png
A Valentine's day themed drawing of Kasukabe Tsumugi (right) and her cousin, VTuber Kasukabe Tsukushi (left).tsukutsumu valentine.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)