• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Best Covers You've Heard?

Aruruu02

Rin-chan obsessed
May 17, 2020
I LOVE this one! The original made me very happy when I was just getting into vocaloid but when I heard this- it was amazing! The power in her voice is actually just what this song needed, it sounded like her heart was about to burst because she was so in love and just wanted to shout it out ! :D
This- using V flower was Ana amazing choice, the power really sells the hurt the song needs to convey, a better choice than the original singer imo!
A better fit than Miku imo, but they both have their strengths and makes either version a treat to listen to!
Can you tell I have a thing for powerful voices???

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Aruruu02

Rin-chan obsessed
May 17, 2020
Ooh! Yes! I absolutely adore Kyaami’s version of the Snow White Princess is… it served as an inspiration when I made my cover!
Aaaah she’s so good at tuning! She’s the only reason I picked up Rana (or any vocaloid for that matter!) and began to learn my way around the vocaloid software and try to make covers! Her and S7 Music! I heard their Rana Reversible campaign one and my ears CRIED FROM JOY!!! Also!!! Can I see your cover!!! Is it up somewhere?

• Love
Sep 21, 2019
Yeah! She is amazing!!! It’s always cool to hear how amazing producers inspire others!
And since you want to hear my cover, I’ve got it linked inside the spoiler!

Anyhoo, one of the best covers I’ve heard is this cover of SakeBeat! I discovered Rucow recently because we share a Discord server and I’m incredibly impressed with their stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: Krin

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Yeah! She is amazing!!! It’s always cool to hear how amazing producers inspire others!
And since you want to hear my cover, I’ve got it linked inside the spoiler!

Anyhoo, one of the best covers I’ve heard is this cover of SakeBeat! I discovered Rucow recently because we share a Discord server and I’m incredibly impressed with their stuff!
Oh I saw this!!! Both Ruko and Sora sound mad awesome in here. I only know of Rucow originally from Soundcloud, and naturally, because I follow all the Ruko content :yokuneruko_lili: ;) that's so cool you share a discord server!! *jealous*

I guess if I'm posting here I should share a favourite cover of mine too huh

It's akem tuning my favourite girl with Mawarine Shuu in a legendary Deco*27 song. I just listened to it again a few days ago and forgot how GOOD IT WAS

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Some respect for our frog kids. Froggy voices aren't for everyone, but Gachapoid and Nemu sound so good in these covers!

This Merli cover is extremely beautiful. She is very underrated but man, Merli sounds so nice when tuned correctly.

A very nicely tuned cover of non-use with vy1, I always forget how much I like her voice until I hear her again.

And I feel a little bit weird posting it here, but I think my almost 5 year old cover of Outer Science with Flower is actually still good?
The mix is wonky but the tuning is so solid.. what did I do, was I possesed? I can't tune like this anymore haha

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Tbh when i think of "covers that are so damn good that i deadass keep coming back to it" this comes to mind:

Tbh its good ass covers like this that make me love Iroha so much. She has so much raw expressiveness that other vocaloids dont have . I could go on and on about Iroha, but yeah this cover does her amazing justice.

Sep 21, 2019
I mean… these are covers by Tanjiro. Do I really need to say more? XD

The harms on this one are absolutely gorgeous and Teto’s voice just suits the song so well.

Then this one is a really fun one and very unique take on Suki Daisuki!

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
Here's a cover version of Palette, a hard rock song from Yuyoyuppe. Jirai did a fantastic job on the vocals, and this is my favorite version of the song. Jirai used Kanon and a little bit of Anon for this cover.

And here's a cover of "S", another song from Yuyoyuppe, and this one is heavy metal. If I remember correctly both of these songs are from the album Solitude Freak. This cover is from Yurahonya. This actually only features the UTAUs Hakaine Maiko and Namine Ritsu, but I think it fits the spirit of the thread. It's also my favorite version of the song, and it's one of my favorite songs. It's actually the song that really sold me on vocal synths being right up my alley, due to Maiko's intense growling and Ritsu's powerful and expressive singing. Very well done.

Reactions: Twillby

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I'd also like to share the most amazing cover of Error that I've ever heard. It's a piano version with Meiko as the lead vocal, and all the other Cryptonloids as backup vocals. I just found this cover a few minutes ago while mulling over whether I should buy Meiko while the sale is going on. The original song is from niki, and this cover is by Earth Square - Vocaloid x 6.

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
I'd also like to share the most amazing cover of Error that I've ever heard. It's a piano version with Meiko as the lead vocal, and all the other Cryptonloids as backup vocals. I just found this cover a few minutes ago while mulling over whether I should buy Meiko while the sale is going on. The original song is from niki, and this cover is by Earth Square - Vocaloid x 6.
Oh my god, same!!! I've been trying to hype Earth Square to all the people I know because they're stupidly underrated and more people should really check their covers out! I've had that very cover on loop myself a few days back.

Okay, here are my own contributions to the pile:

Kyaami's very much represented in this thread by now but honestly these two old covers of hers hold a really special place in my heart because it showed me just how powerful vocal synths could sound back when I was just a baby Vocaloid fan. The Tokyo Teddy Bear cover in particular single-handedly made me fall in love with Miku Solid, hahaah.

For something more recent, I really love this VY2 cover of World's End Umbrella. It makes me emotional whenever I listen to it... :cry: It's by MioDioDaVinci so of course the PV is also wonderfully made.

As for more underrated cover artists, I'd like to present Mary and Lutie! Both users use Kaito V3, but Mary mains Kaito V3 in particular while Lutie uses other male 'loids. To be honest, they're both the best Kaito V3 users I've ever heard and really deserve more attention. These are my fav covers of theirs!

I have more covers I wanna hype but I don't wanna spam too much so maybe later, haha.

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
This is my favorite cover of all time 🥺, it's influenced how I sing? And I'd love to be able to tune like this one day ddkfjhsd (yes, I realize that they used vocalshifter but still...)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)