• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Best Covers You've Heard?

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ya'll just ever hear a cover and think about how much WORK someone put into it and it came out SO good?! Like wow. Some people really go all out and it's just PHENOMENAL
Anyway I wanted to share a few of my faves and see your faves tooo!

So first of all, this guy recreated the instrumental from scratch with real instruments and it's GREAT. Second of all, most covers I find of Vocaloids singing classic rock songs don't work well. Not a lot of Vocaloids are made to fit rock and it's often hard to hold a candle to original rockstar vocalists. But Luka and Gumi sound really good here- it probably helps that the original vocals were already calm and monotone. Also I'm probably biased because Don't Fear the Reaper is one of my favorite songs

This cover really amazes me because it hit all the marks of the original. They didn't cut corners and just do the bare minimum, they mimicked all of Marina's voice quirks with Teto and made it sound so GOOD. Also, the last "yeah theyre heavy" is WONDERFUL. You can tell that there was a lot of work and heart poured into this!!! :rion_lili:

these are the first two i thought of, ill probably add more later!

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Gorgeous with a deliciously creepy twist!

Her voice is just... SO perfect for this song. The execution could be better, but I still really enjoy it.

This is easily one of the best Engrish covers I've ever heard. In general, all of Jade's stuff is amazing.

It goes waaaaaaaay overboard on the vibrato, but it's still very good!

No lyrical dissonance like the original! You know from the first note this isn't a happy song, and Len sounds like he's crying through the whole song. It's beautiful and an absolute tearjerker, if you're in the mood for that.

This one leaves me in enraptured silence every time I listen to it. Truly a masterpiece of our times.

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Frankly, this one is on a whole other level for me, when my mind thinks of covers it goes straight to this one, I'm just left in awe every time I hear it. Rin's voice is just so crystalline and pure, I can't put into words how much I like it.

For this one it's not just the cover but also the remix, it has sooo much power it sends a wave of emotion with every beat, and the range of Rin's voice is amazing, those high notes, man, so many goosebumps!

Another personal favorite, Len has so much emotion here! I think it fits much better than the original vocals, it gets really pumping with those long notes at the end of the chorus~

I have a playlist with a lot of covers so it's difficult to choose from, so have this three for now :kaito_lili:
The work people put in is amazing, in some cases it helps you see a song in a different light, I think. People that make covers are a bit underappreciated in my opinion :c (Unless it's just plug-in and play) so I'm happy to see this thread!
I'm saving that FROOT cover btw :teto_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
@peaches2217 That first one is easily my most favorite use of Tei ever. She sounds so gorgeous and perfect I just love it! Also, the mashup with This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee was so well placed! I have no words to describe how perfect it is!

@Aruku That cover of 7/8 is absolutely stunning! I've never heard Rin sound so beautiful and emotional before! Kyaami's tuning is tuning goals!

Reactions: peaches2217
Sep 21, 2019
Now I'll share some covers I quite like!

Kaito sounds so good here, and I usually don't even care for his voice so what is this witchcraft???

They both sound so cute and adorable I don't even-- then again, Tanjiro rarely makes a cover that I don't immediately fall in love with! Tei speaking Chinese was a fun bit to add in and I just really like her pronunciation! (But I'm also super biased towards her voice anways because Tei's best UTAU.)
Also, the artwork is adorable as heck!

I love Teto's English and her accent makes the song even better than it was before! I feel like Teto's deeper tone suits the song better, and also that vocal fry, tho.

Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

Lenkomimi

Cryptonloid fan
Jun 7, 2019
This cover is just infinitely better than the original, also i love una wayy to much lol.

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
How could I forget?? This cover is spectacular! I'm honestly surprised it has so few views. I'm a sucker for these two's voices being used together.

Sep 21, 2019
This Kyaami cover is so amazing; it just feels so intense! I really can't listen to the original anymore because Miku sounds so flat in comparison! (No hate to Utata-P, tho. I love his Happiness series.)
Also, spoiler because Tei's wardrobe is rather revealing.
(I swear, there are some people who have the Midas touch of vocal synths.)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Since Big Al was already mentioned here......I love this cover featuring him, I wish there were more songs where he's tuned like this. Songs like this do his voice such justice. Very rarely do we get to hear Big Al at his best in this fandom.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Do human covers count??
I think this Roki one is really inventive, I live how they made the English lines from the original Japanese instead?

My favorite Utaite is definitely Araki though !:akasakiminato_lili: he's decently popular, but most of his more viewed appearances were collaborations not hosted on his own channel. His delivery is perfect for rock-style songs, here are 2 of my favorite solo covers of his:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)